Sponsored by:

991.1 C2S Non-PSE Exhaust Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 991.1 C2S Non-PSE Exhaust Mods

I've done several searches and learned much.

What I have not seen is a comprehensive compare/contrast or pro/con discussion of different relatively low-cost non-PSE exhaust mods.

I recently bought a 2013 991.1 C2S with all the options I wanted, except PSE. In addition to adding this ~$4k factory mod, I'm considering:

1) Sharkwerks Xpipe (center muffler delete)
2) Fister side mufflers - either stand-alone or in conjunction w/Sharkwerks center delete
3) AWE Xpipe - again, stand-alone or in conjunction with Fister side mufflers
4) Full Tubi - which is about the same cost as PSE

The only downside to 1) that I can find is that it renders one exhaust tip non-functional, and it might create some vibration in non-Sport or + mode

I'd love to hear feedback on different combos, options I've missed, experiences etc, with an eye on value i.e. ~50% of PSE cost. If cost were no object, I'd probably just go w/PSE, but I wonder if there's a good, less expensive option.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I cant say enough good things about my AWE switch path system. Simple to install, nice HP/TQ bump, and sounds amazing! My car was non-PSE from the factory, but I added the PSE button and had the ecu programmed so I can manually open the valves on the switch path just like you would an OEM PSE.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Originally Posted by Code
I cant say enough good things about my AWE switch path system. Simple to install, nice HP/TQ bump, and sounds amazing! My car was non-PSE from the factory, but I added the PSE button and had the ecu programmed so I can manually open the valves on the switch path just like you would an OEM PSE.
Thanks. Appreciate the input.

No problem finding an AWE dealer in SD?
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
Thanks. Appreciate the input.

No problem finding an AWE dealer in SD?
I go though TAG Motorsports in Vista for all my go-fast goodies, but PURE Motorsports in San Diego is an AWE distributor as well.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:50 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Tubi or fister out of those options!
Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Stay with the AWE. If you don't like it, they give you a 30 day return. Unlike the others.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:43 AM
bson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard very good things about the build-quality of Kline, and the sound of their inconel system is second only to only Akra in my book (though sound is a very subjective thing). Cost is about 1k less than Tubi for non-valvetronic stainless, and goes up from there. They also have a full inconel version, in both valvetronic and standard varieties. Felix is on RL and can sort you out, if you're interested.

Note that I have no interest in or relation to Kline. I'm in the same exact boat as you at the moment and will be following this thread closely.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default 4K factory mod - Snap Crackle Pop

The factory mod to OEM PSE can be done for $15oo (or less) The side mufflers as well as the tips are the same (I had Suncoast measure them) and there is no reason to replace unless you like throwing money away. The only items to purchase are some misc hardware, center muffler (which you can easily source used) and the cabin switch. Installation was 5 hours for a buddy and I and there is a utube video. PM me if you like I have instructions. I had a dealer program the PSE button. Everything works perfectly.

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
I've done several searches and learned much.

What I have not seen is a comprehensive compare/contrast or pro/con discussion of different relatively low-cost non-PSE exhaust mods.

I recently bought a 2013 991.1 C2S with all the options I wanted, except PSE. In addition to adding this ~$4k factory mod, I'm considering:

1) Sharkwerks Xpipe (center muffler delete)
2) Fister side mufflers - either stand-alone or in conjunction w/Sharkwerks center delete
3) AWE Xpipe - again, stand-alone or in conjunction with Fister side mufflers
4) Full Tubi - which is about the same cost as PSE

The only downside to 1) that I can find is that it renders one exhaust tip non-functional, and it might create some vibration in non-Sport or + mode

I'd love to hear feedback on different combos, options I've missed, experiences etc, with an eye on value i.e. ~50% of PSE cost. If cost were no object, I'd probably just go w/PSE, but I wonder if there's a good, less expensive option.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:22 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by bson
I have heard very good things about the build-quality of Kline, and the sound of their inconel system is second only to only Akra in my book (though sound is a very subjective thing). Cost is about 1k less than Tubi for non-valvetronic stainless, and goes up from there. They also have a full inconel version, in both valvetronic and standard varieties. Felix is on RL and can sort you out, if you're interested.

Note that I have no interest in or relation to Kline. I'm in the same exact boat as you at the moment and will be following this thread closely.
Check IPE also if you're considering these. It is higher pitched and I like the sound better than Akra.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:14 AM
jwerley
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you checked out Soul Performance? They have the PSE exhaust available for non-PSE vehicles (via remote). The quality and design is incredible. I currently have their exhaust on 991.1 and can't imagine going with another brand. The attention to detail is second to no one. Most importantly the systems are full stainless with a satin finish with a couple tip options available.

Below is a video of my car and the sound clips open and closed.
The following 2 users liked this post by jwerley:
edirtaynine (09-22-2020), GoArmy (03-10-2023)
Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
bson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Check IPE also if you're considering these. It is higher pitched and I like the sound better than Akra.

How is build quality and fitment? Any drone in the cabin?
Old 01-11-2018, 11:26 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by bson
How is build quality and fitment?
Both are great.

IPE had a bad wave of Chinese counterfeits knocking them off....

I'm pretty **** about these things - should read some of my product reviews to understand. The welds are perfect and they use slightly thicker than standard Stainless. Fitment was great but that's not a hard to do for an exhaust.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 AM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts

I absolutely love my Sharkwerks exhaust. No drone at lower speeds but sounds amazing anywhere above 3k.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:54 AM
oolor13
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jwerley
Have you checked out Soul Performance? They have the PSE exhaust available for non-PSE vehicles (via remote). The quality and design is incredible. I currently have their exhaust on 991.1 and can't imagine going with another brand. The attention to detail is second to no one. Most importantly the systems are full stainless with a satin finish with a couple tip options available.
This is what I plan on choosing this spring. I like the option to have the remote control coded to the Homelink transmitter.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Originally Posted by ThePhanatic
I absolutely love my Sharkwerks exhaust. No drone at lower speeds but sounds amazing anywhere above 3k.
I’m favorably disposed to Sharkwerks, and they’re local to me. Which exhaust do you have? On what model?

Quick Reply: 991.1 C2S Non-PSE Exhaust Mods