Sponsored by:

Oak Green 991.2 c4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:02 PM
florre
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
That is going to be a gorgeous car in real life. Dark green on 911s work great, although I personally prefer it on silver wheels (like Pete's build a lot actually)

Like another suggested, I would personally get rid of the yellow seat belts, it might be too much, and also consider black LEDs instead of the standard silver ones to match your black wheels

Just my 2 cents but definitely spec what makes YOU smile and happy
It looks like its the black LEDīs to me, I donīt think the silver LED is an option on the GTS.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:27 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 243 Posts

That is really quite an unusual color. I assume it is PTS? Will be a rare 911. I think the yelllow PCCBs breaks up the dark colors quite nicely. Congrats!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
That is really quite an unusual color. I assume it is PTS? Will be a rare 911. I think the yelllow PCCBs breaks up the dark colors quite nicely. Congrats!
All greens in the 991 series are, by definition, PTS since PAG has declined to offer any green since Porsche Racing Green in the 997.
And now no browns since they dropped Mahogany and Anthracite in the 991.
Is anyone listening in Germany?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:50 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
All greens in the 991 series are, by definition, PTS since PAG has declined to offer any green since Porsche Racing Green in the 997.
I am not partial to greens but this one I like a lot. http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/por...et-by-edo.html
I love blues and was comtemplating voodoo blue but the wait times and the cost of PTS put me off. Plus, too much bright color attracts too much attention.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That is one of my absolute favorite Porsche colors. I've considered it if I get a PTS GT3. Can't wait to see pictures of it!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
That is one of my absolute favorite Porsche colors. I've considered it if I get a PTS GT3. Can't wait to see pictures of it!
Such a great build and color.
Congrats!
Can't wait to see pics when you take delivery.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Did they drop Mahogany Brown Metallic for 991.2 cars? I love it, but I’m biased because I own one.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:07 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice build!

I go back and forth on Brewster vs Oak to this day (with some extra consideration thrown Forest Green Metallic's way), this well after the Oak car was delivered. I like all of these dark greens, and a few more. Also love Irish, but curiously only on the older cars. Not sure why...

Anyway, congrats on the build!

P.S. Just be ready: The green is going to be a lot lighter than in these renders, even at night. Modern Oak is not that dark, at least not when any source of light hits it.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:51 AM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Nice build!

I go back and forth on Brewster vs Oak to this day (with some extra consideration thrown Forest Green Metallic's way), this well after the Oak car was delivered. I like all of these dark greens, and a few more. Also love Irish, but curiously only on the older cars. Not sure why...

Anyway, congrats on the build!

P.S. Just be ready: The green is going to be a lot lighter than in these renders, even at night. Modern Oak is not that dark, at least not when any source of light hits it.
Thanks Pete! ? I’ve always been a fan of the darker greens as well, oak appealed to me as it seems to have a little brown hue to it. Any pictures of yours? TIA, Tom
Old 01-10-2018, 12:58 AM
JDWight
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 35 Posts

My next Porsche will be Irish or Oak Green, but with tan interior. Nothing goes better with dark greens than tan leather.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trips

Thanks Pete! ? I’ve always been a fan of the darker greens as well, oak appealed to me as it seems to have a little brown hue to it. Any pictures of yours? TIA, Tom
I haven't taken a ton of photos of the car, and frankly none that I feel really capture it. Why? Besides being busy (and lazy, with an iPhone only), it's tricky to capture Oak. I also haven't been happy with the way the car looks just yet (want to make a few tweaks, the first of which was just completed). But I'll dig a bit and post what I have below.

In the meantime, the current PTS Oak Green Metallic looks, to my eye, a near-match in terms of "darkness" to Agate Gray Metallic, which is to say it isn't very dark. I don't see brown in it, but...it is a "dead" (read grayish rather than bluish) green and very attractive to my eye as a result. It is darker and reads as dark green everywhere but on highlights, where it comes off as something closer to medium to dark (like Agate Gray Metallic). What it doesn't do—in the way Brewster or Dark Olive or even Forest Green can—is read as black. It always reads green. When bright sun hits Oak, a subtle yellow or gold undertone is revealed, which really ties in nicely with PCCB calipers.

In other words, PTS Oak Green is a shapeshifter. It definitely likes black trim (I just changed my rear bumper lettering from chrome to black, and am contemplating doing black exhaust tips)...so I think Oak will work well on a GTS with all of its black trim.

I'm now very curious to get the car together with a 930 in Oak, as well as a 964 in Oak.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:26 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Those subtle yellow/gold highlights are seen here...

In fluorescent garage lighting it goes "gray-green" (which I really like)...

With a friend's Graphite 991.2 Targa.

Oak in the sun...

Oak in late-day shade...

Oak on the run...

Last edited by stout; 01-10-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:58 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

That is a really killer spec Pete, love the oak green metallic with the silver wheels and yellow from the PCCB. Very classy/tasteful/unique in an understated way
Old 01-10-2018, 02:04 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts

This is going to be good! Congrats on the spec.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 01-10-2018, 11:37 AM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I haven't taken a ton of photos of the car, and frankly none that I feel really capture it. Why? Besides being busy (and lazy, with an iPhone only), it's tricky to capture Oak. I also haven't been happy with the way the car looks just yet (want to make a few tweaks, the first of which was just completed). But I'll dig a bit and post what I have below.

In the meantime, the current PTS Oak Green Metallic looks, to my eye, a near-match in terms of "darkness" to Agate Gray Metallic, which is to say it isn't very dark. I don't see brown in it, but...it is a "dead" (read grayish rather than bluish) green and very attractive to my eye as a result. It is darker and reads as dark green everywhere but on highlights, where it comes off as something closer to medium to dark (like Agate Gray Metallic). What it doesn't do—in the way Brewster or Dark Olive or even Forest Green can—is read as black. It always reads green. When bright sun hits Oak, a subtle yellow or gold undertone is revealed, which really ties in nicely with PCCB calipers.

In other words, PTS Oak Green is a shapeshifter. It definitely likes black trim (I just changed my rear bumper lettering from chrome to black, and am contemplating doing black exhaust tips)...so I think Oak will work well on a GTS with all of its black trim.

I'm now very curious to get the car together with a 930 in Oak, as well as a 964 in Oak.
Great perspective on the color Pete, it's consistent with what I'm seeing in pictures in that it is continuously changing depending on the angle and lighting. I can also see your dilemma in second guessing the color choice as all the offered greens are fantastic, each with their own unique qualities (Brewster, Irish, Forrest, Jet, etc.). I suspect it's human nature to some degree to want what we didn't select. With the oak green, I agree that black highlights including wheels brings out the color very well on this car. Plus with the darker wheels the gigantic yellow PCCB "pop", something that I appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to share pictures of your C2, beautiful build as well.

Quick Reply: Oak Green 991.2 c4 GTS