Sponsored by:

2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Yes he does and that means $7817.88 USD! Gov't tax for emissions!
Thanks. A comment above seemed to assume that the £/$ penalty was for selecting a manual transmission, whereas the heavy financial extra purchase cost is for selecting PDK.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:14 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Thanks. A comment above seemed to assume that the £/$ penalty was for selecting a manual transmission, whereas the heavy financial extra purchase cost is for selecting PDK.
Sorry, see my edit, hopefully OP will clarify
Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Wow! That is a huge penalty!!!

Here in the UK, the MT might attract slightly higher annual road tax, but the cost of adding PDK to a 911 is around £2,500 to £2,900 or so. MT is standard equipment on most models.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

May I ask you if you have to keep the roof racks always or you can remove them and install based on your request?

I have spend in the last 5 years almost 30% of the GTS value on Road bikes and bike equipment.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:33 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rich Blanco
Carbon fiber bike, roof racks.....don't see that very often in this forum so thought I'd chime in......
I've mounted the Porsche racks on my 991.1 GTS at delivery and they are working great for bike transport. I get a lot of strange looks and comments but truly allows the car to be a daily driver. I went full-on GTS communication pkg, GTS interior, CL and MT leveraging how the Porsche designers intended the GTS to be. (Or the Marketing department at least.)
You'll make a great decision in any case.
Please see my comment above. The roof racks should be always installed or can be also removed?
30% of GTS in Road bikes in 5 years as mentioned before.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:42 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark993TT
You would never order a car without rear axle steering?
What I should have said is that if it's an option I would always tick that box.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:30 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Please see my comment above. The roof racks should be always installed or can be also removed?
30% of GTS in Road bikes in 5 years as mentioned before.
Takes less than 10 minutes to take off or add the roof racks to your car once setup the first time.
( and most of that time is finding out where you left them after taking them off).
Old 01-08-2018, 01:10 PM
m5biemer
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
What I should have said is that if it's an option I would always tick that box.
I concur, it's a great feature.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Yes he does and that means $7817.88 USD! Gov't tax for emissions!

EDIT: I misread your post: I meant:
I believe he means that you pay equivalent of $7817.88 USD extra for MT over PDK due to gov't tax for extra emissions of MT vs PDK
The manual costs more than the PDK, due to emissions tax.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

As this will be my first Porsche I am almost ready to pull the trigger.

I am waiting confirmation for an allocation and delivery in the next 5 months.

Following extensive study in the forum and discussion with my AD in order to control the cost I have the below two options.

1. Order a brand new 2018 GT Silver Carrera GTS with a few options such as cruise control, roof transport, smoking package, park assist (front/rear), seat belts in Red Guard. I have not decided if I need to include the Leather interior in Black or save 3K. (Experience GTS owners please advice if plastic dashboard and interior in standard GTS destroy the interior) configuration is almost the default configuration of a GTS.

2. Find one light used demo car or used Porsche approved car 2017 Carrera GTS with more options from the one above such as leather Interior, heated multifunction steering, home link, power steering plus, rain sensor, Bose etc. It might be able to have even RAS but not sure. In this option I might be able to have more extras in the car but give up the colour and accept at least 1 year older car.

I would appreciate if you provide some suggestions between the two options above.
I need to clarify that I want to stick on standard GTS instead of order a Carrera S with more options.

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Following extensive study in the forum and discussion with my AD in order to control the cost I have the below two options.

1. Order a brand new 2018 GT Silver Carrera GTS with a few options such as cruise control, roof transport, smoking package, park assist (front/rear), seat belts in Red Guard. I have not decided if I need to include the Leather interior in Black or save 3K. (Experience GTS owners please advice if plastic dashboard and interior in standard GTS destroy the interior) configuration is almost the default configuration of a GTS.

2. Find one light used demo car or used Porsche approved car 2017 Carrera GTS with more options from the one above such as leather Interior, heated multifunction steering, home link, power steering plus, rain sensor, Bose etc. It might be able to have even RAS but not sure. In this option I might be able to have more extras in the car but give up the colour and accept at least 1 year older car.

I would appreciate if you provide some suggestions between the two options above.
I need to clarify that I want to stick on standard GTS instead of order a Carrera S with more options.

Thanks,
I have never bought a Porsche new except for GT3s and my Macan, Everything else has been low mileage demos. I saved 25,000 euros on my GTS 4 Cab with 4,000 kms on the clock. Except for GT3s, they just depreciate too much in the first year. If you can find a low mileage car that suits, buy it.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:49 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I think the leather dash is worth the upcharge. It really looks much nicer to me than the standard, plastic dash. Plus, at that price point, I'd be disappointed to see a plastic dash.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:25 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I have never bought a Porsche new except for GT3s and my Macan, Everything else has been low mileage demos. I saved 25,000 euros on my GTS 4 Cab with 4,000 kms on the clock. Except for GT3s, they just depreciate too much in the first year. If you can find a low mileage car that suits, buy it.
25K euros from 160K is close to 15% right? So I consider a discount up to this range for a new car is not possible.

BTW how is the upgrade from the M2 to the GTS? Currently I own an M2 and want to jump on a different league...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:06 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks,
Definitely don't get a GTS with plastic dash and barely any options. It honestly shouldn't even be possible to get a plastic dash on such an expensive car! If I were in your shoes I would absolutely buy a used car with more options. I would have bought my car used too if I would have found one, but I didn't have any luck.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Many thanks for the input. I will keep update the thread based on progress.

M2 is on sale and looking forward for a GTS.

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 C2 GTS