Sponsored by:

First-Time Porsche Owner, Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Haha, not actually sure what Butler’s is.. but sounds cool?!
I think he meant the S3.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:22 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I think he meant the S3.
Ahh damn. As if I needed more temptation.... in that case.. I think he may be right!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:27 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Haha, not actually sure what Butler’s is.. but sounds cool?!
The local tire shop the PO used for the HREs.

http://www.butlertire.com/gallery/Po...15_Wheels/9133

Just noticed, it still had drive-out plate at the time. Nice!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:46 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa

It is KA's car!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM
TheeBlackMamba
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drive95
Hi All,
I'm a recent convert from Audi and just received my CPO 2014 911. Thought I'd post a photo and introduce myself!

Saying bye to my S3 for my CPO C2

Car Details:
2014 C2 9,500 miles
PDK
Premium Package
Ventilated Seats
PASM
Sport Chrono
PSE
Navigation
Bose
Sunroof in Glass
20" Carerra Classic Wheels

I'm coming from an Audi S3, which I've had for just over 2 years, and shopped for the right 911 for about 9 months before picking this one up from Tom Wood Porsche Indianapolis. The S3 was fun but I was ready for something a little more "grown up" since I'm now closer to my mid thirties than mid twenties :P I saw JCC911S recently posted from Atlanta about his new ride and it prompted me to do the same. I do plan to join Peachstate PCA and hope to meet some of you all in the future.

Happy New Year,
Rob
Congrats, Rob!

Living in SoCal, I feel the same way as I approach 33 this year.

My current vehicle is a 15' IS350 F Sport and the car I want to add to my stable would be the exact one you picked up.

Great choice!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

DUDE WHAAAT?!?! Thank you for sharing!! I’ve been trying to track down the beginnings of my ride. It looks so different on the (high!) stock suspension and without all the mods the previous owner did thereafter. Amazing!!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:30 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Originally Posted by K-A

DUDE WHAAAT?!?! Thank you for sharing!! I’ve been trying to track down the beginnings of my ride. It looks so different on the (high!) stock suspension and without all the mods the previous owner did thereafter. Amazing!!!!
You're welcome. I was checking their site for any images of the brake caliper paintwork and came across that post. Immediately recognized your ride from your intro thread.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

You're welcome. I was checking their site for any images of the brake caliper paintwork and came across that post. Immediately recognized your ride from your intro thread.
What are you doing with your calipers Keith? I might be able to help. I still do limited stuff for my friends.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:43 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Originally Posted by MJG911
What are you doing with your calipers Keith? I might be able to help. I still do limited stuff for my friends.
I'll shoot you a PM!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:29 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TheeBlackMamba
Congrats, Rob!

Living in SoCal, I feel the same way as I approach 33 this year.

My current vehicle is a 15' IS350 F Sport and the car I want to add to my stable would be the exact one you picked up.

Great choice!
Before the S3 I owned a 2014 IS350 F Sport; how funny. I really enjoyed that car, especially I upgraded the tires to Michelin Pilot Sports. The S3 was certainly a step up in performance, and technology, but I have to admit a step backward in both reliability (they were both first model-year cars) and fit and finish. I'd say, for you, definitely skip the middle step and go straight to 991 :P
Old 01-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Silver Stealth
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Alternative Film Recommendation in the Atlanta area...

Hey there. Was just cruising through from the 997 forum. Nice car and welcome to the Community!

I had some paint correction and the old film removed from my 997 after purchase last year (see here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...n-project.html ). I can't recommend Detailed Designs Auto Spa enough! I would have Jean-Claude and his team look at your old film in person. As a result, they were able to remove mine without issue and the new film looks amazing. Can't even tell that there's a film on the entire front end!

Again, congrats and enjoy the new ride!

-Chris

Last edited by Silver Stealth; 01-12-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Replied to wrong user...
Old 01-12-2018, 10:15 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by bittrl1000
A couple dozen of us ATL owners have a Facebook group called "Atlanta Porsche Sports Car Drivers". A group usually gets together about once a month for a few hour drive up in the mountains. Last month we drove to Blue Ridge for some barbecue. The month before, we got a tour of AMP and did some karting.
I wish you would be in charge. I don't follow Facebook. I have had a racing license for 27 years (mostly HSR).

I suggest a small group of guys (with girls) meet somewhere on Hwy 400 on a Sunday morning and take a drive in the Six Gaps in the north Georgia mountains? I'd suggest it be a fun event. We will get gas in few stations that have pure fuel (non-ethanol).

I know a few roads off the map that will challenge you. We will take a break on every Gap (it is the top of a mountain in GA and has restrooms). Here is my slow 911 on the road past the highest point in GA:
Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 PM
zivilyn861
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun! I had no idea of the FB group, either--sent a join request just now. Looking forward to getting some more mountain time in when the weather gets a bit less nasty.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 AM
JCC991S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 737gdog

I’m up for it some time. We own a home on Lake Lanier near the outlet mall on 400. Can meet up there and head north or possibly drive over to AMP which is about ten miles away. They have karting avaiable most days.

Ben
Ben,

I've been on this tread, with Rob, and one I started, I purchased my 911 in Dec. I am in East Cobb as well, and down for a mountain trip. We could even make a full day of it, meet at whom evers house at do some mountain driving, and go do some karts as well.

Jason
Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 AM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi all,

I’m also call Atlanta home. I would be interested in meeting other likeminded sports car owners for some spirited driving in the mountains or some carting at AMP. I’m only on my second Porsche. I had a 964 C4 back in the early 90s (wish I still had it) and now I have a GT4. I’m also interested in doing a few track events but nothing too serious.

Hamish.

Quick Reply: First-Time Porsche Owner, Atlanta