Sponsored by:

New 991.2 4 GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by emcgolfer
Congrats....I too have been lurking for a while and reading lots of good advice here re: pricing strategies, color combo's, options etc. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger as well. What does your build look like and what dealer did you order through....PA, NY Metro or Out of State....thx
awesome! Post your build when you get a chance.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Congrats....I too have been lurking for a while and reading lots of good advice here re: pricing strategies, color combo's, options etc. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger as well. What does your build look like and what dealer did you order through....PA, NY Metro or Out of State....thx
The wait is killing me! Mine should be here in Feb/March. Let us know what you wind up ordering!

Here is mine:

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1
Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 PM
emcgolfer
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I am 99% certain I am going to order in a few weeks. The reason I am not 100% certain is the Carmine Red w/All black interior w/GR dials and seat belts continues to haunt me......;-) Just looks like (IMO) what a sports car should look like...

PJ2AF3L6
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2AF3L6
Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Love both specs.
I’m partial to EMC’s GT silver (mine is GT silver) but also enjoy seeing colorful specs inside and out.
Hurricane’s 43k in equipment. Wowser! That is one fine build.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Love both specs.
I’m partial to EMC’s GT silver (mine is GT silver) but also enjoy seeing colorful specs inside and out.
Hurricane’s 43k in equipment. Wowser! That is one fine build.
Yeah....I know I went a little overboard...

I had two 991.1S's before this, one of which was insanely loaded, so I have experienced first-hand most of the options available and drank the Kool-aid. Since the two previous ones were used/CPO, I decided this time to get exactly what I wanted. I was going to try and cut it down by eliminating either the Burmester or the PCCBs or both....but in the end I went full YOLO hahaha... I hope to have this car for a very long time. I always wanted Sapphire Blue (my previous ones were Basalt Black and Black) and the painted interior...this will be my dream car.

GT silver is such a great color, too. I would have been very happy with GT Silver as well. I love just about every color combo Porsche offers - they all look so great!

Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Here is what I am 99% certain I am going to order in a few weeks. The reason I am not 100% certain is the Carmine Red w/All black interior w/GR dials and seat belts continues to haunt me......;-) Just looks like (IMO) what a sports car should look like...

PJ2AF3L6
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2AF3L6
That GT silver with that interior looks gorgeous!!! Very, very classy. I LOVE carmine red, too, with a black interior but I am not sure about the GR dials and seat belts matching the Carmine Red. Carmine Red is such a great color, though! Maybe GR would be close enough.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:05 PM
megacondenser
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Make sure you get the fetzer valve option on the centerlocks.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:48 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I actually like the center locks. All my GT cars have had them (except GT4) as well as my Turbo S and I became an expert in changing wheels on my 997.2 RS.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:51 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I actually like the center locks. All my GT cars have had them (except GT4) as well as my Turbo S and I became an expert in changing wheels on my 997.2 RS.
I really like them too. They look great and are unique. I bought the tools for my GTS and swapped out my summers for my winters with no drama or trouble. Forget all the negativity that you'll inevitably get about them. It's much fuss about nothing.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks all. Here is the build. I'm a minimalist and usually stick with performance related options. I'm splurging on a sunroof and SportDesign tail end.

PJB2LXS2
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Thanks all. Here is the build. I'm a minimalist and usually stick with performance related options. I'm splurging on a sunroof and SportDesign tail end.

PJB2LXS2
Congrats! That GT Silver will look amazing in person!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:41 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Make sure you get the fetzer valve option on the centerlocks.
ball bearings, man... it's all ball bearings today.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Aside from my struggles with color choice, I may dispense with the sunroof. I rarely use them on any of my cars. In its place, I think I'll upgrade to the 18 way seats and the Premium Package. I'm still on the fence whether the "leather interior" is worth the $4k. Seems like the "standard interior in black" has leather in all the right places and still retains some Alcantara trim on the doors and center console. First world dilemma.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:44 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Dealer is Porsche of Conshohocken. They've been outstanding. Here is the build:

911 Carrera 4 GTS
GT Silver Met
Std interior in black (not Alcantara)
PDK
Rear Axle Steering
Auto dimming mirrors
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Lane Change Assist
GT sport steering wheel (not Alcantara)
Heated Multifunction steering wheel
Deletion of Model Designation
Luggage net
Smoking package
Std Sunroof
Bose
Voice control
Side Skirts painted
SportDesign Package
PDK gear selector in carbon fiber
If I may, I will offer some suggestions. First, congrats.
Regarding the standard interior, it is pretty plain plastic and looks cheap. The full leather interior improves the quality of the interior even if you are not a fan of leather. (I am not but limited color choices with the standard interior forced me to spend on the full leather interior). You spend a lot of time inside the car so it is nice. Get comfortable seats. The 18-ways are very comfortable. Lots of thigh and shoulder support. Much better then the 14-ways that I had in my Boxster S. The thigh extension is very useful if you have long legs. I would get the glass sunroof instead of the metal. It lets light in and makes the interior feel much more open and airier even if you don't open it. RAS you may not notice. I don't have it but mine is a street car and I don't track it. I couldn't tell the difference. The rest are your personal choices so I have nothing to add.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Originally Posted by AnandN
If I may, I will offer some suggestions. First, congrats.
Regarding the standard interior, it is pretty plain plastic and looks cheap. The full leather interior improves the quality of the interior even if you are not a fan of leather. (I am not but limited color choices with the standard interior forced me to spend on the full leather interior). You spend a lot of time inside the car so it is nice. Get comfortable seats. The 18-ways are very comfortable. Lots of thigh and shoulder support. Much better then the 14-ways that I had in my Boxster S. The thigh extension is very useful if you have long legs. I would get the glass sunroof instead of the metal. It lets light in and makes the interior feel much more open and airier even if you don't open it. RAS you may not notice. I don't have it but mine is a street car and I don't track it. I couldn't tell the difference. The rest are your personal choices so I have nothing to add.
Thank you. Definitely going with the 18 way seats. Leaning towards Night Blue as well.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 4 GTS build