Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS Build

Old 12-21-2017, 10:14 PM
ReinhardtK
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New 991.2 GTS Build

Hi All, new to the board. (upgrading from my much loved 997.1 C2S) Planning on completing deal on a 991.2 C2GTS 7spd Manual Tomorrow.
Spoke to the sales manager @ Porsche Vancouver today and he indicated approx 6 months to get one....does that sound right to you? (no custom colors or materials on this order)
Also, are any of you seeing discounts up in Canada on new orders?

Thanks, Reinhardt
Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Yep. GTS pretty hard to get, especially cabriolets. That is the smallest allocation among all GTS. Targa is easy. Coupe is kind of hard too.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:26 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

I ordered a GTS at the very end of October. Expecting delivery in the Feb/March timeframe, so maybe 4 to 4 1/2 months, including downtime over the Christmas holidays that will probably impact my timeline.

Last edited by Hurricane; 12-21-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:27 PM
991.2GTS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered mine from Vancouver Porsche in the end of May. Got it in the last week of October. C2GTS PDK. Didn't get any discount
Old 12-21-2017, 10:37 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ReinhardtK
Hi All, new to the board. (upgrading from my much loved 997.1 C2S) Planning on completing deal on a 991.2 C2GTS 7spd Manual Tomorrow.
Spoke to the sales manager @ Porsche Vancouver today and he indicated approx 6 months to get one....does that sound right to you? (no custom colors or materials on this order)
Also, are any of you seeing discounts up in Canada on new orders?

Thanks, Reinhardt
In my case my SA horse traded for a GTS coupe allocation in mid August. Car came in right before Thanksgiving.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:45 PM
ReinhardtK
Intermediate

Thanks for all the quick input guys(wasn't expecting that) I'll advise how it goes tomorrow
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

My gts4 took 5 months. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing your spec.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Allocations very much depend on the dealer, but dealers can horse trade for them. When I talked to Westwood, they didn't have a GTS 4 Cab allocation, but said they could almost certainly trade their Targa 4 GTS allocation for one, though they'd rather trade a C2S or C4S allocation. Worst case would be trading a Turbo allocation. A Turbo would be a bigger sale, but dealers are sometimes willing to do that if they have a guaranteed sale for the GTS and don't know when they'll sell the Turbo allocation.

In my particular case, I bought from a dealership that had just completed a European Delivery GTS 4 Cab sale. This meant that next month they would be getting a new allocation from Porsche, since that's how Porsche compensates them for European Delivery.

Specifics: I ordered on August 22nd, got the actual allocation Sept 12th, car arrived at the dealership December 8th, took possession of the car December 14th. Even though they physically had the car on Dec 8th, they didn't have the title until late on the 12th, and the 14th was the first day that worked to sign paperwork.

Thus is took me 18 weeks to get the car, but only would have taken 15 if the dealership actually had the allocation in hand when we first spoke (which I think is how it worked for Flickroll).

Canada is a very different market from the US. From what I've read, it's much harder to get discounts in Canada.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:10 PM
ReinhardtK
Intermediate

Thanks again guys, it is a CAB that i'm ordering so we'll see. Porsche Vancouver is one of the larger dealers so maybe that will help. Wonder why the Canadians are so stingy on discounts
Old 12-21-2017, 11:53 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Thanks again guys, it is a CAB that i'm ordering so we'll see. Porsche Vancouver is one of the larger dealers so maybe that will help. Wonder why the Canadians are so stingy on discounts
Supply and demand. Any car that can't be had for 6 months is a hot item, and a dealer knows if you don't want the build slot, someone else will. As was said elsewhere, dealers have limited allocations and that allocation I is fixed to certain types of styles (i.e. No turning a base Carrera into a GTS Cab). Maybe they can trade and get an order sooner. If not, at least it will arrive when the weather is nice!

Oh, and congrats on the manual drop top!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:39 AM
ReinhardtK
Intermediate

Default Build details

so without looking at my build sheet here is my order
c2gts cab
rhodium silver. Black roof and black leather
delete model designation on back and doors
standard 4 way sport seats
heated front seats
bose
manual trans
yellow dials and yellow sport chrono
Extended stitching in racing yellow
brushed alum shift ****
int lighting pkge
int carbon pkge
misc minor items
Turbo s wheel

ps. I'm taking a chance on the yellow
Old 12-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I got my manual GTS cab in September. Ordered in March and was built in June. Such a complete car for everything.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:52 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

so without looking at my build sheet here is my order
c2gts cab
rhodium silver. Black roof and black leather
delete model designation on back and doors
standard 4 way sport seats
heated front seats
bose
manual trans
yellow dials and yellow sport chrono
Extended stitching in racing yellow
brushed alum shift ****
int lighting pkge
int carbon pkge
misc minor items
Turbo s wheel

ps. I'm taking a chance on the yellow
Consider the Alcantara delete with the Premium Plus package. Think your making a huge mistake withe the yellow with those colors...try red dials and red seat belts. Red stitching if you really want to push it. Last thing, consider GT Silver instead of rhodium.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

One would think they could be a little more consistent with delivery times. I've seen from 3-6 months just in this thread. It's not like they don't have control over what is being ordered, they have total control what will be built via allocations. I would think it would be quite easy to smooth delivery times out with that kind of control.

I had to wait a bit for an allocation as my dealer didn't have anything to trade that would yield a GTS. They finally got a special allocation for a Targa 4 GTS, that they traded for the coupe I wanted. Ordered on 10/12, and the delivery date was 3/9. That's 5 months, which is kind of crazy. When you have an order in hand, you don't need to be playing any marketing games to generate rarity or desirability. Haven't checked on it since it went V210 about 4 weeks ago. I'm going to stop by this afternoon, and get the latest schedule. I'm going to be pissed if it moved out any further. This will be me, if it moved out:
Old 12-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

If you plan to drive your car primarily in the lower mainland, centre lock wheels are fine. However, if you're more of a road trip person, educate yourself as to what is required to work with those wheels. I had a deal that fell through for a low km 997.2 GTS before I bought my 991.2 and a I did some calling around including my preferred independent tire shop who wouldn't touch the wheels. If you're fine with dealer-only tire service, then you're fine. My car will see all of western Canada and CLs wouldn't work for me. Congrats on your pending purchase.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS Build