Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Dear all,

Happy New Year. My first post in the forum as I consider to proceed with an order of a new 991.2 GTS.

It will be my first 911 which is the outcome of a long term evaluation between my current M2 and a possible upgrade either to a 2018 Nissan GTR or a 991.2 GTS coupe.

I concluded that 911 GTS is the perfect car to proceed for a long term ownership as I live in EU.

Taking into account that I will not track the car frequently (one per year maximum) I am considering RWD instead of 4x4.

I will get PDK as is cheaper than manual due to lower CO2 emmisions and focus only on basic options in order to keep the price low.

I would appreciate experience members owners of GTS/911 to guide me which are the options that a new car MUST include in the configuration and which are the NICE TO HAVE.

Thank you in advance,
Nick
Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nilaz
Dear all,

Happy New Year. My first post in the forum as I consider to proceed with an order of a new 991.2 GTS.

It will be my first 911 which is the outcome of a long term evaluation between my current M2 and a possible upgrade either to a 2018 Nissan GTR or a 991.2 GTS coupe.

I concluded that 911 GTS is the perfect car to proceed for a long term ownership as I live in EU.

Taking into account that I will not track the car frequently (one per year maximum) I am considering RWD instead of 4x4.

I will get PDK as is cheaper than manual due to lower CO2 emmisions and focus only on basic options in order to keep the price low.

I would appreciate experience members owners of GTS/911 to guide me which are the options that a new car MUST include in the configuration and which are the NICE TO HAVE.

Thank you in advance,
Nick
Any advice please? Tomorrow I will meet with dealer to discuss the option to order a 2018 GTS Coupe.

Thanks in advance,
Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Any advice please? Tomorrow I will meet with dealer to discuss the option to order a 2018 GTS Coupe.

Thanks in advance,

i don't think there's any MUST haves for everyone... For example if i can't drive a stick, PDK is a must for me, but obviously this will not be the case for many people...

Some things I personally would think are must haves -

- some sort of full leather / leather alcantara package, this will put leather on the dash, which makes the car feels a lot more premium than the regular plasticy dashboard
- lighting package (basic lighting for interior, how this is even an option is beyond me)
- heated seats (again pretty basic option for any modern car)
- luggage net by passenger (another basic option, but hey its free!)
- front axle lift might be a must have depending on where you live

Overall GTS already includes most of the performance options, so anything you add beyond that will be cosmetics and basic everyday functions. Hope this helps!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1029...e-options.html

nilaz- check this thread out. It might help you. Some folks believe the GTS package alone gives you most of the must have options.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:45 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

After 2 years without a Porsche I just got a 2018 Targa GTS. Was disappointed with my 2013 991C4S which I ended purchasing from a dealer lot and had no SC, no PASM sport, sport exhaust or sport plus seats. Ended putting H&R springs but found to be a mistake because the drop was too much, uncomfortable to get in but handling improved. I am extremely happy with the Targa GTS. The engine is amazingly reposnsive with barely notice turbo lag and obviously faster then the 991 C4S. It has all I wanted in one package; SC, 4 wheel drive, sport exhaust, sport plus seats and the extra targa roof which gives me a total new perspective on the vehicle. I hated the interior plastic Silver trims and the Targa comes with black brush aluminum. The new PCM and Apple car play is great too. Not sure about the the new Panemara type interior on the upcoming replacement. I think is takes away from the 911 genetic design. The Targa misses the PASM sport suspension and extra 0.4 inch drop but the car height is stated to be 0.2 inches lower than the coupe. Roll bars on the PASM sport are rated to be thicker but I do not feel the Car needs to be any stiffer. In that case I would have gone for a cheaper base GT3 and lose all the other perks. It statifies all my desires and makes the price acceptable.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:56 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

I forgot to add that I FINALLY got rid of the hesitation problem with the PDK in my 991C4S, the Targa GTS is MANUAL!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:00 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

very nice car, congrats...
where did you get it? The collection Miami?
did you get any discount on it?
Old 01-03-2018, 11:24 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Thanks. Yes, at the Collection. Bought it the last day of the year, got off 3.4%. Forgot to check the forum to see of that was OK but having manual did it for me. Could not risk going back to the PDK after the hesitation issue was never fixed. This one also has power steering plus but it feels porsche upgraded the software and is more neutral. I had to delete that software from my 991.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

I still have more than a month or so until delivery. This wait is killing me!

Of course the weather is not very nice now anyways. Still hard to wait, though!

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1
Old 01-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Wow, that is a gorgeous Targa!!!!!

Originally Posted by AlbertC4S
After 2 years without a Porsche I just got a 2018 Targa GTS. Was disappointed with my 2013 991C4S which I ended purchasing from a dealer lot and had no SC, no PASM sport, sport exhaust or sport plus seats. Ended putting H&R springs but found to be a mistake because the drop was too much, uncomfortable to get in but handling improved. I am extremely happy with the Targa GTS. The engine is amazingly reposnsive with barely notice turbo lag and obviously faster then the 991 C4S. It has all I wanted in one package; SC, 4 wheel drive, sport exhaust, sport plus seats and the extra targa roof which gives me a total new perspective on the vehicle. I hated the interior plastic Silver trims and the Targa comes with black brush aluminum. The new PCM and Apple car play is great too. Not sure about the the new Panemara type interior on the upcoming replacement. I think is takes away from the 911 genetic design. The Targa misses the PASM sport suspension and extra 0.4 inch drop but the car height is stated to be 0.2 inches lower than the coupe. Roll bars on the PASM sport are rated to be thicker but I do not feel the Car needs to be any stiffer. In that case I would have gone for a cheaper base GT3 and lose all the other perks. It statifies all my desires and makes the price acceptable.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Awesome Targa GTS.

Thank you for the input. I need to study more and have further discussion with my dealer in order to finalize the right configuration for a new 2018 GTS.

As soon as I have some progress I will post here for further knowledge.

Nick
Old 01-05-2018, 04:42 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Dears.

Following my further discussion with my dealer I need to get some further support from you guys. I mentioned again that this will be my first Porsche and I plan to build a keeper car for many years.
The car will be 2018 991.2 GTS Coupe in GT Silver Metallic PDK as the PDK cost is lower than manual due to lower CO2 Emissions.

1) Can you please help me understand what includes the GTS Interior Package (088)? My dealer propose GTS Interior Package together with Garmine RED Alcantara Pack GTS (GQ) but I am not sure I need to pay the 7K extra for the interior.
2) I cannot understand why I see in my quotation the PDK option (250) and relative cost although the model price is for GTS PDK and not manual.
3) As the GTS Coupe has standard option the PASM sports suspension with 20mm lower height can you please help me understand if I need also the PDCC?

Thank you for your time and support.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS Build