Sponsored by:

Three 991.2 targas for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 04:32 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by urbanscribe
1. There is a 7k Base build price difference 103 for cab to 110 for targa to start with
2. The higher issue is you need a 4S and four wheel steering in targa to regain the feel of a base cab given the extra high center mass weight.

Drive a cab and targa back to back as you can at PExp and you'll see the difference in feel and driving dynamics.

Best thing you can do before buying a Targa is not to drive any other model. It's a pretty car but loses sports car feel for looks. Elegant for sure but multiple incompatible personality syndrome. If money no object then you can add 35k in trim/options to regain the sports feel. Why P has a much larger proportion of high end Targas (read here 50% for 4GTS trims?)

Dare I say that why you don't hear a lot of Targa owners chime in on RN, less a driver's driver? (Cue the mean reverting commentary...
Pure nonsense!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Yep ... common sense though

In case you did not notice there is a hole up there. Roll a convertible and your dead. Roll a Targa and you might be dead. Roll a coup you might be alive. Similar results if billy bob hits you wide open in his jacked up dually. Im all about data unless common sense makes it obvious. I think the new Targa is awesome by the way but convertibles always seem like rentals to me.

QUOTE=Selo;14692913][/QUOTE]
Is your contention that you like the Targa better because it is safer?
Also, what do you base your statistics upon? Do you have data to show that 20x more people are killed in convertibles each year than corresponding coupes or Targas?[/QUOTE]
Old 12-30-2017, 09:13 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
In case you did not notice there is a hole up there. Roll a convertible and your dead. Roll a Targa and you might be dead. Roll a coup you might be alive. Similar results if billy bob hits you wide open in his jacked up dually. Im all about data unless common sense makes it obvious. I think the new Targa is awesome by the way but convertibles always seem like rentals to me.
Cabs do have these......
Old 01-07-2018, 01:10 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Targa plus PDK = Best daily driver. That's what I use mine for, and also works with 2 kids in the back

Quick Reply: Three 991.2 targas for sale