Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whoo-ya's 991 Project @Glistening Perfection - Paint correction-clear bra-nano-tint

Old 01-20-2018, 01:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I have an amazing team that helps me pull of my vision.
You ALWAYS credit your team. Classy guy. You're the kind of person that people want to work for.

Last edited by LexVan; 01-20-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Moe, beautiful work. I'm curious how long it takes you to do the film on a 911 bumper-to-bumper with that material, at that level of effort/detail?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:09 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that is amazing work Moe, excellent documentation of the process.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:32 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 587 Posts

Moe, I am super impressed by you and your team's work on this. And there is a lot of good information here.

Some questions to get up to date on PPF:
-What's the lifespan of a job like this, with latest product from 3M?
-So you cover headlights with extreme care but without worry? I am interested, as my GT4's headlights got pretty chewed up after 14,700 miles. Porsche warrantied them due to weird tiny cracks (more on one side than the other), but I don't think it wanted to. My sense is that the plastic headlight lenses can use protection that might soften the blow of rocks.
-Can you PM me with pricing for a full car wrap such as this, with the coating? I've been anti-PPF to now, but am reconsidering my position (again).

Thanks! (And thanks for sharing these pics and details with RL!)

pete
Old 01-20-2018, 06:14 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 695 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
You ALWAYS credit your team. Classy guy. You're the kind of person that people want to work for.
I learned years ago, without the support of my guys, my business wouldn’t be where it is today. It’s also the support of the Porsche community and our amazing clients that give us the opportunities of doing what we love.

never in my wildest dreams did I think GP would be where it is today, and hopefully, if we all do our part, it’ll be here for my kids to care for your kids...turned 40 last month, and now seeing a legacy coming together is such an amazing vision into the future.

thank you all for allowing me to share my passion here on RL, and play every day at the asylum 🙏🙏
Old 01-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Moe, I am super impressed by you and your team's work on this. And there is a lot of good information here.

Some questions to get up to date on PPF:
-What's the lifespan of a job like this, with latest product from 3M?
-So you cover headlights with extreme care but without worry? I am interested, as my GT4's headlights got pretty chewed up after 14,700 miles. Porsche warrantied them due to weird tiny cracks (more on one side than the other), but I don't think it wanted to. My sense is that the plastic headlight lenses can use protection that might soften the blow of rocks.
-Can you PM me with pricing for a full car wrap such as this, with the coating? I've been anti-PPF to now, but am reconsidering my position (again).

Thanks! (And thanks for sharing these pics and details with RL!)

pete
Pete, if you want to see our local 3M guru's handy work (Mariano), let me know. I can share my experiences with you and let you see his work first hand. He and Moe appear to be cut from the same cloth, going to the Nth degree to avoid seams and dirty edges, etc. The installer makes ALL the difference. I'd rather have no film than many (if not most) of the one-day sticker jobs I've seen out there. P.S., I think "somebody" is in the market for a new car.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:12 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Pete, if you want to see our local 3M guru's handy work (Mariano), let me know. I can share my experiences with you and let you see his work first hand. He and Moe appear to be cut from the same cloth, going to the Nth degree to avoid seams and dirty edges, etc. The installer makes ALL the difference. I'd rather have no film than many (if not most) of the one-day sticker jobs I've seen out there. P.S., I think "somebody" is in the market for a new car.

Is this the Tom I think it is? If so, looks like you've made a bit of an upgrade yourself...

And we are overdue for that lunch!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Is this the Tom I think it is? If so, looks like you've made a bit of an upgrade yourself...

And we are overdue for that lunch!
Yes, it's me! And yes we are -- anytime!

I can never sell the 951, so the two will be stable mates and share the same bottle of touch up paint.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:12 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

I own a large fairly high end body shop and know high quality work when I see it. that looks amazing!

I would love for you to do my complete car if for the distance gap.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by triplekg
I own a large fairly high end body shop and know high quality work when I see it. that looks amazing!

I would love for you to do my complete car if for the distance gap.
thank you sir...that means a lot.

just put your 911 in a closed transporter and send her over 😊
Old 04-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Moe- Are you out there? I need your advice. I just purchased a lightly used 911 (2014 with 1.6k miles - I'm still in break in mode lol). Prior to delivery the car was newly wrapped in XPel PPF. The car was transported from Cleveland, Ohio to Boulder CO. When I took delivery the PPF looked good. Within a few days it started bubbling in a few areas. See attached pics. I wonder if it was the change in climate from humid to dry? In any event, I wonder if this is something I need to get taken care of right away (i.e. is this potentially damaging paint) or is it something I can wait a few months to address. Ultimately, I will get the car paint corrected, re-wrapped and CQuartz treatment or whatever is recommended by a reputable installer/detailer at some point. Your advice is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Moe, Following are full size pics of the car. You can't see the bubbles unless up close but still bothers me.

Also, I'd appreciate any other comments from Rennlisters.

thanks all.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mike, they appear to look like air pocket under the film. Find a local reputable and Porsche-experienced detail/ppf shop and they should be able to take care of it in a few seconds. Not a huge deal if it’s air pockets.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:18 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Moe. Do you have any partner in EU?
Your work is amazing.
I wish I had same competent installer in my country.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Mike, they appear to look like air pocket under the film. Find a local reputable and Porsche-experienced detail/ppf shop and they should be able to take care of it in a few seconds. Not a huge deal if it’s air pockets.
Thanks Moe. Much appreciated. I do want to remove at some point and do the full paint correction, re-wrap without the lines and cquartz. As Nilaz said your work looks fantastic and I wish you had a shop local to me in Denver. Thanks again. -Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whoo-ya's 991 Project @Glistening Perfection - Paint correction-clear bra-nano-tint