Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will disabling the crap PSP have an effect at 30-50 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:40 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Will disabling the crap PSP have an effect at 30-50 MPH?

I know PSP is technically supposed to only come into play at below 30 MPH. But I’ve heard people who’ve disabled it on Porsche’s state that they noticed a difference at higher speeds. Has anyone here noticed any difference on 991’s at around 30-50 MPH?

I can’t stand the lazy, sterilized feeling. When driving the car more aggressively (in Sport or Sport+), the steering comes alive, feels actually weighted and direct, like a sports car. At lower or cruising speeds, it’s uninspiringly bland and synthetic.

Also, is the process to disable it a simple one (will dealers do it with no fuss), and is PSP still “on” if you have Sport or Sport+ on at parking lot speeds?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:07 AM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Interested in hearing from members about the variable assist and how it works exactly I have heard it only affects steering under 20 mph, but I have also heard that it affects, albeit at smaller amounts, at all speeds...

On my 2015 GTS Cab, I have PS+ but I haven't seen any changing of direction when I have the steering wheel locked in a turn, unlike the Variable assist in my 2016 Mercedes E400 which actually changes your line in a turn without any additional steering input. Being new to Porsche, does the PS+ add more input to steering or just the power to assist the ease of steering?

Quick Reply: Will disabling the crap PSP have an effect at 30-50 MPH?