Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

missing rigid plastic ring on intake

Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 PM
raaizin
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Default missing rigid plastic ring on intake

I just did my first oil change, previous three were done by dealers The rigid plastic ring on rubber intake is missing. Car was a CPO so I dont know if my dealer or original dealer lost piece. I would like to replace even if not necessary. I cannot find part on these webpages, it should be here as the intake is listed. Can I buy just that part.. does anyone have the part number for it.

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/auto-parts/2014/porsche/911/carrera-trim/3-4l-h6-gas-engine/engine-cat/air-intake-sc

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/auto-parts/2014/porsche/911/carrera-trim/3-4l-h6-gas-engine/engine-cat/engine-appearance-cover-scat
Old 11-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know if you can or not. My guess is you have to buy part #12, if I remember right when you unfasten the plastic ring, it's still attached to the bellow, but by removing it, it allows the bellow to compress. I was told the pesky rubber grommets where the fan assembly attaches to the chassis aren't sold separately, but I somehow doubt it. Good luck!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:55 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

No, you won't be able to get the stiff plastic rectangle part separate from #12 (inlet duct) in the diagram. It is integral to the shape of the bellows.

If you car is CPO'd, don't you still have warranty? Dealer should replace that without issue. I bought a 2015 GTS that CPO warranty runs through 2021 on it, and I've been going-over a number of "cosmetic" pieces that are worn or missing and they've all been replaced under warranty.... Maybe where I buy from likes me as a repeat customer tho! LOL. The duct (#12) priced at $86 from Gaudin is a good price by the way. I've bought a number of parts from them over the past several years....

Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: missing rigid plastic ring on intake