Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   considering selling the S for color change (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1035185-considering-selling-the-s-for-color-change.html)

Minesh 11-17-2017 12:01 AM

considering selling the S for color change

1 Attachment(s)
Thinking about selling the S looking to move to a Sapphire blue...Thoughts? Am I crazy?

To be honest I love my ride and i would be happy to keep it for another 5 years but after 14 months I sorta wish I would have held out for the Sapphire Blue I originally wanted. I know finding a Manual transmission equipped as I wanted was kind of a unicorn and I was tired of looking so after a year i caved for the next best thing, white. That being said while I know it makes little sense and i love my car I am considering selling and searching again for a Manual Sapphire blue S, S4, or GTS.

This might be a faze but I can't stop thinking about it.

Any input would be much appreciated. I know when I was finalizing the purchase a couple people mentioned white was a safe color for resale but I didn't buy it as an investment I got it to enjoy. I can't imagine the blue down the road would hurt that much when selling any way but I could be wrong.

LexVan 11-17-2017 12:08 AM

Wrap it blue.

koala 11-17-2017 01:07 AM

I wanted sapphire blue so badly, too. But, I tried to convince myself that since my daily driver is lapis blue (a fairly similar colour on my Golf R), that I didn't need two.

Unfortunately, it's just so much nicer than guards red.

Like LexVan says, wrapping might make sense. I think if I went that route, I'd like to go a nice metallic purple. I saw a gorgeous PTS purple on here a little while ago, great inspiration.

SoCal RJ 11-17-2017 01:24 AM

Get the blue. Your life will calm down and you will sleep better. Forget resale. Been there with BMW'S. Worked for me. New Porsche owner. Do it. Soon. RJ

seapar 11-17-2017 02:40 AM

Price the wrap versus changing out the whole car. Report back to us. Thanks

CSK 911 C4S 11-17-2017 04:00 AM

I did this same thing a few years ago........

Sprint Blue RS4 ....... to a Ibis White w/Ti package RS4.

Was the best decision I ever made. Loved the white car.

Jasonpdx 11-17-2017 04:58 AM

I wanted a white from the start and have pretty much the exact same car :)

Blue is great, but white is my thing!

- Jason

.2PDK 11-17-2017 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by koala (Post 14610192)
I wanted sapphire blue so badly, too. But, I tried to convince myself that since my daily driver is lapis blue (a fairly similar colour on my Golf R), that I didn't need two.

Unfortunately, it's just so much nicer than guards red.

Like LexVan says, wrapping might make sense. I think if I went that route, I'd like to go a nice metallic purple. I saw a gorgeous PTS purple on here a little while ago, great inspiration.

Funny you say that because I wanted black (I know I'm nuts) but when I looked at the guards red one in the showroom I far preferred it to the blue and it would have been my second choice.

I also agree with wrapping it...

Pep!RRRR 11-17-2017 08:10 AM

Tangerine PTS! See latest issue of Excellence.

Quadcammer 11-17-2017 08:17 AM

+1 on wrapping

911seeker 11-17-2017 08:25 AM

I understand the urge, I myself am starting to be obsessed with Carmine red...

I am curious, if you were to wrap it, what would it entail in terms of paperwork (i.e retitle, etc), would it be complicated and expensive to deal with?

R_Rated 11-17-2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 14610091)
Wrap it blue.

That was going to be my comment. If the color is the ONLY thing that vexes you then wrap it. Otherwise, make a list and hold out for your perfect car. But realize that getting your unicorn means it's harder to get a deal.

Minesh 11-17-2017 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 14610091)
Wrap it blue.

LexVan I can't thank you enough!!!

Man thats why i love this place....I didn't even consider wrapping!!!

I don't know why I didn't think of it, I have everything I want besides the color. Wrapping might be the solution as long as I can find someone to do it right and its easy to maintain. I am completely unfamiliar with the process and maintenance but I think I will do some homework and report back.

Any one have any experience in getting a wrap and what was your experience like??? Better yet any one have a recommendation to get it done in or around Atlanta??? Lastly any idea what a quality wrap will cost?

I appreciate all the input guys.:typing:

MJG911 11-17-2017 11:14 AM

This guy is highly respected in Atlanta, haven't used him myself though.
facebook.com/exclusivemaker

Dude174 11-17-2017 11:27 AM

Keep us posted on the wrap! I'm thinking of doing it too