Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Tire Pressures Across 991 Range Same?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Jon D
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Resurfacing an old threat any input specific to Pzeros?
Old 03-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Id be interested in what temps to run 'hot' when on the road as well
Old 06-24-2019, 01:14 AM
SpeedZ
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
Id be interested in what temps to run 'hot' when on the road as well
I personally run the car with the comfort pressures which end up getting me around 36/38PSI when warm. PS4S.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Pzero is far more sensitive to high temps and to put salt on the wound, it reaches high temps quickly and will let go on a curve wo a hint, just snap on you. POS of a tire.

Cup2 increases temps much slower and won’t snap even at moderately high pressures (40 give it or take-above that it won’t hold as well).
I run 32/34 hot, which quite low cold, about 22-24. Even in the event of snapping, is far more controllable.

BTW, I use the Cup2 in my DD, wo an issue. Swapping to Alpins next week, after all Chicagoland does get frigid...

PS - remember to check the rear pads. Although most of the breaking is done with the fronts, the rears get toasted bc of the PSM. Mine lasted for about 6k miles, 3 track days. Front pads are about 80%(!)...
Completely spot on with everything . I also had the p zeros snap on me when it was cooler outside as well. I almost crappd myself. Went from grip to chris harris instantly. Even at 60F they are sketchy compared to the sottozeros. Michelin options are much more progressive and tap you on the shoulder to let you know the rear is coming out before you need to go full lock countersteer.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 83 Posts

Wow this is a thread blast from the past. Thanks

I would like to update that since this post I’ve gone through a fairly good number of Cup 2 tires and have gradually settled on 35/35 hot front rear. I’ve done lower and higher and it just feels right here. And at this pressure it’s not so hard getting the tires warmed up from cold, so one can actually enjoy some hot laps before the session ends. I don’t remember what the cold temps are as I bleed throughout the day to stay at 35 hot.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Track Tire Pressures Across 991 Range Same?