Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
No go on Sport Classic wheels because the request was made too close to lock date.

I imagine they will use them on the next speedster and sport classic models

Bummer! Sorry to hear. Interesting response though. Did you get the impression this would have been a go if you made the request sooner?

If I would have known sport classic wheels were available I would have changed my spec to five lug (I'm assuming sport classics are 5-lug...please correct me if I'm wrong).
The following users liked this post:
Underblu (09-29-2019)
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
The blue wheel trim is paint, Sapphire Blue Metallic. Anthony Lahner at Exoticar did the work. He started his business doing only wheels but now has a full service body shop on the west side: 1921 Pontius Ave. Los Angeles, 90025 310.473.8303 Looking close, it looks "factory."

I think it helps define the black wheel which otherwise gets lost (and reminds me of the Hollywood gangster look which I abhor). Thus, I think it would look great on any color GTS with the black wheels. Anthony also painted my license plate frames and applied PPF to the front end of the car. All great work. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that helps a lot and leads to another question. Were the tires removed for the work, or did he simply mask around the wheels and then paint? I agree it really sets the wheels off in a great way and they look super on your car.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:07 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Thanks, that helps a lot and leads to another question. Were the tires removed for the work, or did he simply mask around the wheels and then paint? I agree it really sets the wheels off in a great way and they look super on your car.
Thank you. The wheels were removed from the car but then masked without removing the tires from the wheels. I also had him paint the rear rotor hats, black. Why Porsche leaves them "primer grey" was beyond me.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:40 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

This is the response form Exclusive regarding Sport Classic Wheels:

Apologies for the delay in response. To answer your question: the Carrera Sport wheels were not offered with the GTS by Porsche AG in the original parts mix. The offsets are more aggressive on the available 5-lug GTS Carrera S wheel variant and the Turbo S centerlock variant.

Adding wheels not available in the original model variant offer is not possible.

However, there is the possibility of custom finishes on either of the two wheel choices if that is something you would like to pursue. It would be around $4,800 (subject to final confirmation) but it would be possible via custom tailoring to finish either of two wheel choices in any standard Carrera wheel color.

Kind Regards,

Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Interestingly, I was able to exterior color match my wheels for $650 on the configurator for my order.

Hope this info helps others
Old 11-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 194 Posts

Old 11-17-2017, 08:39 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 11-18-2017, 06:35 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

This is the best that I can do right now with pictures of my GTS. Looks like it will be here any day and the anticipation factor is HIGH. I hope to have actual pictures SOON
No pics from me yet. My GTS has been sitting in Davisville for 8 days now. Unbelievable...
Old 11-18-2017, 06:37 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Love all these GTS photos!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

My GTS has been sitting in Davisville for 8 days now. Unbelievable...
While it's irritating, it's actually expected. They don't transport the cars from Davisville to dealerships individually, they go with a bunch of other cars on a truck, so they have to get enough cars going the same direction to make a load.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:54 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
While it's irritating, it's actually expected. They don't transport the cars from Davisville to dealerships individually, they go with a bunch of other cars on a truck, so they have to get enough cars going the same direction to make a load.
Thanks for the reply Gus. One problem I have is Virginia is apparently the southernmost state that uses Davisville for the port of entry. And where I live is central Virginia so I’m at the end of the line. The Viking Conquest is due in Davisville in a couple of days and I’m wondering if there are cars on that ship that will wind up on the same truck as my car.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:01 PM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve9
An unusual but excellent choice - looks better on the GTS than the RS imo. Did you have a long wait?
Thank you for the compliment. It’s tough to capture the color when you’re a bozo iPhone photographer like myself. It’s a really cool color in person. People go nuts over it on the road.

I waited 4 months.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:06 PM
florre
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usccharles
hello from South Korea~ ordered december. picked up in september. c4gts black on black on black
Absolutely fantastic! Looks so good with the PCCB.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Be different!
lol. You’re right. I shouldn’t be giving out advice. I will always say get a silver car, silver, gray or black wheels and black interior. That said I enjoy looking at all the different colors and specs that I don’t have the guts to buy. Hopefully I didn’t offend method. Like the style of wheels but I just prefer silver gray or black finish.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Really loving the look and how easy GT Silver is to care for. My 2017 GTS at Sebring couple weekends ago was amazing. I haven't been to the track in almost 2 years and took me 1/2 a day to get up to speed and I still needed to refine my techniques some and get back into rhythm. However my 2017 GTS was a full 3 seconds faster than my set up much modded 2012 GTS. I feel if I was driving as good as I was when I was at the track all the time like I did with my past 997 cars I could take about 1-1.5 sec off my time.

2017 GTS...monly mod is GiroDisc rotors because they just last longer than stock drilled rotors and Ferodo DS2500 street pads on Pilot Sort Cup 2 tires.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

1 more...car is so unassuming but shocked a lot of more exotic looking cars on the track.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS picture thread