Just DIY installed blackvue dashcam.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 12:14 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this diagram at all useful for you?

Originally Posted by Loft23
I wasn't able to. There is a gap at the top of the glove box backing and if you look underneath, there are 3 holes from the bottom. I thought that the wires can be routed through, but when I shine a light inside, I can't seem to see it from the glove box. Someone else here left the battery in the glove box, so there must be a way to route the wires. I love your frunk installation but it seems like too much work as a DIY project for me. I also keep my collapsible golf push cart in the frunk and don't want it snagging on the wires or battery.

How much recording time do you get for 2-ch off the battery + extender?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
glove compartment diagram.pdf (186.9 KB, 253 views)
Old 11-03-2017, 11:06 AM
C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
Is this diagram at all useful for you?
I spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to get wiring through the glove box without success. Looked at the diagram provided but still can't figure out how to either lower the glove or remove it so I can run the wires to the backup battery unit in the glove.

Anyone remove the glove box before that can assist?
Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Loft23
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to get wiring through the glove box without success. Looked at the diagram provided but still can't figure out how to either lower the glove or remove it so I can run the wires to the backup battery unit in the glove.

Anyone remove the glove box before that can assist?
I can’t figure it out myself. I shined a light through the holes and don’t see it come through the glovebox and vice verse. I may just strap it underneath and hopefully my passengers don’t kick it by accident.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Vortex Radar
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
I am using the Cellink B battery packs which I placed in the frunk and they do have an off switch. However, Nick from Musicar NW had wired in a on/of switch for me onto the center console when they put together my radar/laser system.
That's awesome. I've always been a fan of Nick's installs. They do good work.

I've got a Blackvue B-112 installed under my passenger seat which made the wiring a bit easier, but it is cramped under there now.

Originally Posted by NF4710
There's a newer version of the Anker with GPS and a 2K camera (the C1 Pro) that looks promising as well.
It's alright for an inexpensive camera, but I haven't been too impressed with the video quality, especially at night. I've been running both the C1 Pro and DR750S together for a little while now. Besides the video quality issue, getting the memory card in and out of the C1 Pro is difficult since they didn't make a little notch for your finger to push in. I actually have to use a memory card from a different dashcam to remove the card from the C1 Pro, heh.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:00 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm about to order the DR-590-2CH from Blackvue Blackvue 590 -2CH

But I'm a little stuck on 2 things...

1) Anyone know which 'Fuse Tap' I should order that works best with a 2018- 911 C4 GTS Coupe? I will have the shop HARDWIRE the blackvue cameras.. Here is the link where you can select 4 different options for FUSE TAP.. Still not sure which one! Help?!
Power Magic Pro -

2) The Power Magic Battery Pack - Do I just need 1 of these? I saw some pics of someone with 2 of them? I daily drive my GTS, and I want the cameras to record even when I'm not driving & the car is parked while im @ work, AND overnight.. (recording upon any sign of motion or movement)... Again, I daily drive my GTS.

If I'm missing any info, please ask!

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:06 PM
C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I can’t help with the fuse tap but I would suggest a battery pack back up vs the power magic pro. I had the pmp on my 997s w/o any issues but on my 958.2 CTT it drained the battery multiple times and finally had to replace it. I currently use the pmp on my ford raptor w/o any issues but if google pmp and porsche or Audi there are several issues with it draining the arm battery.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Anyone having issues with the Blackvue 750 they installed. Just purchased a 2014 TTS that I am having camera's installed and the installer was pushing the 650 over the 750, saying the 750 was having hardware/software issues and folks were returning them. I can't seem to find any info in searching on a huge issue, and think he may have just been pushing it to sell old product, so am reaching out to see if anyone here has usage issues so far.

-TJ
Old 02-28-2018, 12:07 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy
Anyone having issues with the Blackvue 750 they installed. Just purchased a 2014 TTS that I am having camera's installed and the installer was pushing the 650 over the 750, saying the 750 was having hardware/software issues and folks were returning them. I can't seem to find any info in searching on a huge issue, and think he may have just been pushing it to sell old product, so am reaching out to see if anyone here has usage issues so far.

-TJ
I haven’t read of any issues with the 750, one thing I can tell you is that these cameras work only with the approved memory cards, you don’t have to buy their branded one but need to check the list of compatible ones. I have the 650 and planning to upgrade to the 750 soon,
Old 02-28-2018, 05:51 PM
MikeCar33
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy

-TJ
I had the 750 installed almost a month ago, no issues at all, and I've fooled around with the unit a lot, restarting multiple times as I make changes to the settings, trying to get it just the way I want it. Nothing's ever gone wrong. I also had them install the power magic pro and I haven't had any issues with battery drain. There was a firmware update beginning of February on the 750 that added features and may have fixed previous bugs, so maybe it's solid now, but it may have already been solid to begin with. I will say I've never tried using the cloud feature, I likely will never use it. I have a 991.2.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 750 installed along with PMP and have had no issues. As MikeCar33 mentioned they have released a number of firmware updates so make sure you upgrade.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for the info. I have switched to the 750. Everything I can find says it is better and I see none of the issues that he said was happening showing on any board talking about them.

-TJ
Old 04-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
There's plenty of space for the wire. No need to remove the B-pillar molding or headliner for the rear camera install.
Any chance you or someone else could post some pics detailing where you ran the wiring? I'll be doing mine as soon as the weather warms up.

On my Boxster, I took apart the header and the a-pillar to run the wires. That was easy. Not sure how easy it is to do it in a 991.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:07 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

I got this one, nice discount : https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blackvu...referer=9GNY83
Being a cab, the rear faced camera is near the home link , useful for other cars with the top down.
There was a suggestion to create an external case , like the gps wart, leaving the cam outside. I haven't pursued that, laziness takes the best of me...
Old 11-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Porsche0911
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Blackburn install

Rear camera mounted to rear window.

Front camera mounted to V1 Blendmount

Nothing mounted to front windshield.
My installation using Blendmount radar detector mount.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:03 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Share details on how you managed to mount dashcam on the Blendmount?

Quick Reply: Just DIY installed blackvue dashcam.