Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast Reduced Price for Powerkit for 991.2

Old 10-16-2017, 06:45 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
Well you can't. Which is why the 991.2 is such a HUGE step forward in performance
I talked to Jesus when I was praying. The Holy Spirit told me that Porsche threw a bone to the #2 owners so they could feel better in justifying their purchase. When they hear the #1 cars and start to feel sad; this is a way for them to add on and make them regret their decision a little bit less.

Interesting you would feel a platform "a HUGE step forward in terms of performance" in terms of needing more power after the fact
Old 10-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I talked to Jesus when I was praying. The Holy Spirit told me that Porsche threw a bone to the #2 owners so they could feel better in justifying their purchase. When they hear the #1 cars and start to feel sad; this is a way for them to add on and make them regret their decision a little bit less.

Interesting you would feel a platform "a HUGE step forward in terms of performance" in terms of needing more power after the fact
Nobody said you 'need' it. With the 991.2 you can have it if you choose to.

You have no choice for large power gains designed and tested by the factory.

Can't wait to do it myself!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:31 PM
Loft23
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So tempted... This will make my car basically a GTS without the wide body. I have a C2S with all the performance packages checked off and porsche exclusive satin black wheels, tinted tail lights, black model and make designation, and black headlights. Extra power is only thing missing, never cared for or liked alcantara and would have deleted it had I ordered a GTS. Now the question is, do I need that extra power and will I notice it. Driving the car for 900 miles, it feels a lot faster than my 600hp F10 M5, so why do I need more????
Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by melocotton
The differences between a Base Carrera and a S is more than just horse power.. PTV, brakes, 20' wheels etc. are included in S, not in the base one.
Good point. I was only thinking about the classic Porsche dilemma of going base or S for the extra power. The .2S does have a host of interesting features you can't buy on a base.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:59 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Loft23, I'm in the same boat, coming from am M6. Really tempted, but not sure if my local dealership is doing it yet?
Old 10-20-2017, 02:45 PM
991onthebrain
2nd Gear

Hello to all... I just ordered the part thru my dealer (Legend in Amityville NY). I have a 991.2 C2S with the Sport Package. Part should be in by Monday and I have asked the dealer to take several pictures during the install. I have an Aim Solo data logger and I will record several launches prior to install and several after the install and post my 0 to 60 times. So far (with 11,800 miles), my best launch time is 3.34 with an overall launch average of (over 50 recorded launches in the last year) of 3.41. I expect this to be reduced by roughly .2 seconds to a 3.21 overall average, we'll see... It will be fun to experience the mid range pull as well throughout the 2150-5500 rev range... I will try and post pictures as soon as they are available. Dealer quoted me 11 hours for the install (Approximately 1700.00 dollars), I'll post a picture of the complete work order as well... Looking to have some more fun at Pocono next year when the season begins again...!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
bogdan_p
Advanced

Originally Posted by Loft23
... it feels a lot faster than my 600hp F10 M5, so why do I need more????
More is better.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:58 PM
991onthebrain
2nd Gear

Thumbs up

Porsche Powerkit... when too much is not enough...!
Old 10-20-2017, 04:15 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

I have found over many years of owning what I considered performance cars, there is always a desire to have more power. So I went down those many roads of adding FI to NA cars and tuning FI cars with the exception of one, my C6 Z06. I did find that one thing was constant.

You will get used to the added power.

I also found that my butt dyno had difficulty feeling 20 to 25 added hp so adding the power kit would probably be noticeable, but not greatly.

I will say that after driving my friends .2 turbo, I would not even think about adding power. The turbo S must be insane.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

The two dealers in Utah quoted 18 and 23 hours for the install--$3k+ and $4k+. As much as my heart would like to, my brain keeps telling me, "Really, you think you need more power for blasting around the roads?" Along with AlBin's observation that you're soon acclimated to the new power levels and start thinking of ways to extract more. I added headers and sport cats (primarily for sound--which it delivers) and according to Fabspeed, they add 30 hp and a couple lbs/ft of torque. The car is already really quick and fast from the factory. I think I'll stand pat.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by 991onthebrain
Dealer quoted me 11 hours for the install (Approximately 1700.00 dollars), I'll post a picture of the complete work order as well... Looking to have some more fun at Pocono next year when the season begins again...!
Awesome sauce!

Great price.

Every 991.2 S owner should be doing this.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:39 PM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 991onthebrain
Hello to all... I just ordered the part thru my dealer (Legend in Amityville NY). I have a 991.2 C2S with the Sport Package. Part should be in by Monday and I have asked the dealer to take several pictures during the install. I have an Aim Solo data logger and I will record several launches prior to install and several after the install and post my 0 to 60 times. So far (with 11,800 miles), my best launch time is 3.34 with an overall launch average of (over 50 recorded launches in the last year) of 3.41. I expect this to be reduced by roughly .2 seconds to a 3.21 overall average, we'll see... It will be fun to experience the mid range pull as well throughout the 2150-5500 rev range... I will try and post pictures as soon as they are available. Dealer quoted me 11 hours for the install (Approximately 1700.00 dollars), I'll post a picture of the complete work order as well... Looking to have some more fun at Pocono next year when the season begins again...!
Awesome! 3.41 Avg over 50 launches is freaking fast and consistent.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally I was quoted ~ 12 hours, in the end the install took 8 hours.
Note I have PSE and RAS - so brake ducts were already installed. The engine cover takes 10 seconds to install .

I am very happy with the outcome of the X51 kit addition, the already very good driving performance has moved on again.

To put this in context -I was invited to a Ferrari 488 day at our local race track (three days ago). It was a great day out and I had the chance to drive a circuit I know very well with a professional driver and also have a go myself in the 488.

First off, it was a huge amount of fun (the Ferrari staff were fantastic, great hospitality as you would expect - many thanks) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - the 488GTB Spyder is the sweet spot . Beautiful car. The leather bucket seats are a masterclass in ergonomics.

Secondly the performance, superb, great with carbon ceramic brakes, tremendous pull up.

Thirdly how did the GTB compare with the 991.2 C2S X51 - surprisingly it was a bit of a boxing match.

There were two sweeping corners one left and one right where the Porsche was clearly up on the Ferrari.

On the longer straight, the Ferrari had the wood. The shorter straight was very even (due to corner exit speed). A series of esses on undulating ground went to the GTB. I'd give turn in to the GTB and exit to the Porsche. Steering to Porsche (feel) and gearbox to Porsche (PDK).

Basically a close run thing (note I was on MPSC2 the GTB was on Trofeo R).

The power delivery from both cars is absolutely first rate, top drawer - super responsive engines and great throttle balance.

The .2S X51 could duke it out with the Fezza due to the new found torque (HP under curve), rear axle steering and great brakes (six pots up front).

These cars are clearly produced by manufacturers at the top of their game.

Last edited by randr; 10-20-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:49 AM
speed_kills
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the official Porsche part number of the X51 power kit for 991.2 Carrera S's?

I asked my local Porsche dealer (here in Asia) for a quote but they aren't sure which one the power kit is. Either the X51 power kit is not yet available in my region or the person checking the part number is not so experienced in doing so.

I showed the suncoastparts.com's link but they still aren't sure. How I wish I can just buy from suncoastparts but if I did that, my dealer will void my car's warranty.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2017, 05:38 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It is known as I-no. X51 - they just need to type that into the PAGInfosystem . - the kit is definitely available in Japan, Taiwan, China and Korea. It is not available in India.

Just be aware there is a run in period: Direct from my paperwork - "Engine speeds greater than 5,000 rpm are not permitted over a distance of 500 km (310 miles). The maximum engine power of 331 kW (450 hp) depends on the total mileage of the engine at the time of the retrofit and is achieved at a total mileage of approx. 10,000 km (6,250 miles) or higher."

also to order:

"When ordering a Power Kit, it is important therefore to send off the following vehicle data directly using the Porsche Request Management System (PRMS):

• Part number of the retrofit kit
• Vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle to be converted • Order number used for ordering parts "

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suncoast Reduced Price for Powerkit for 991.2