Sponsored by:

Window Tint Inspection Drama

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 01:22 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

PeoplesRepuplik of New Yorkski

At least you don't live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia where the politicians feel like they know better than everyone else and they should tell how people should live or conduct themselves as they bankrupt the state.

State where they tell you what toilet you can have in your house LMAO
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3800061.html
Old 10-12-2018, 04:16 PM
HoffR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if as a bicyclist you are actually relying on eye contact with a driver, and assuming that means he actually sees you, you are suicidal at best.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:52 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

Rule #1 Driving is a privilege, not a right!

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Was asked at one point not to inject politics - and thus I'll do my best to respond to this in the least political way.

To those that would ask "What's the need to go so dark" - I answer "Because I want it darker in my car - and its none of your business why".

I don't say that to be rude - but in the summer when we have blasts of 90 to 100F heat - and a bright sun - it's nicer to have a darker cooler interior.

I am 100% supportive of the police - but for the same reason a law abiding citizen should not be lobbed into the same category as a thug with a gun - a vehicle owner wishing for a darker tint should not be lobbed into the same category as someone wishing to hide from the police and be invisible as he preps to take a shot.

I hope I don't come across condescending as that was not my intention. The poster above who referred to our governor as comrade is 100% on point. So is our Mayor who literally IS a communist who honeymooned in communist cuba.

Our streets are now ALL filled with cameras and the speed limit has been reduced to 20 to 25 mph in MOST streets. They also time the lights to the speed issued so that you physically CAN"T go anywhere. When the light turns green - at 25 mph - by the time you get down the block to the next light - it has turned red. If you speed to make the light - you're fined. If you go through the light, you're fined.

They might as well make it 10mph - there's no difference. You can't go anywhere. Flatbush Avenue. Gerritesn Avenue. Coney Island Avenue. These are big important hub roads - and they are all infected with revenue raising cameras and purposely timed lights.

Now if you want a tint - fined.

What's next?
Old 10-13-2018, 01:10 AM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

The tint may be illegal but that's a wickedly beautiful car JW1!
Old 10-13-2018, 05:33 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

pretty easy to remove it then have it redone after inspection. When I was in the navy I got a fix it tint ticket in California even though I had Florida plates and my tint was legal there. I peeled it off, then used some acetone and extra fine steel wool to remove any residue. The Chips officer who did my visual singoff for the ticket said it was the cleanest removal job she had ever seen. Then I got the windows retinted the next day.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:19 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Rule #1 Driving is a privilege, not a right!
+1

Quick Reply: Window Tint Inspection Drama