Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Graphite blue leather interior, with yellow deviated stitching/gauges or belts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I was thinking about Speed Yellow seat inserts, deviated carpet in Speed Yellow, vents and extended interior package painted Speed Yellow. Forget to tick the extended leather box, so you got Speed Yellow vents in the Graphite Blue dash. Then have the wheels painted Speed Yellow, with the PCCB calipers painted Graphite Blue.
Then it occurred to me, I may have got some bad take-out.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
three words....... don't do it.

People will be talking about your car for all the wrong reasons.
^ this
Old 01-17-2018, 09:02 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I think the graphite blue/chalk interior looks hideous and will severely limit your resale. It's one of those things people do when when they are bored and have too much time playing in the configurator and want to do "something different and not boring like everyone else", not realizing that "boring" is the default choice because it works. Then a couple of years down the road your car will hit the used car lots and pictures will be posted and people will see the weird interior and wonder "WHY" and move on to the next car.
​​​
Old 01-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

It's sad to see you choked on trying to create an exceptional car for yourself.

It is painfully obvious that when you have a color combo that is a bit unusual or adventurous and then seek advice on popularity you are going to be disappointed. If you want to satisfy the masses stick with black, silver white... Play it safe and you won't need to seek the affirmation of others. You won't have a cool car either. You'll be destined to live in a Sea of Blah. But no worries, you'll always have your resale value to fall back on and make you feel better..LOL

Next time you go to your local Cars and Coffee or some such show, see how you feel, emotionally hanging around that black car with black interior ( unless it's the Batmobile). Then go on over the signal green Porsche with the houndstooth interior....well where do you want to be?? Don't forget to peruse the crazy colored Lamborginis with quilted interior/deviated stitching. Boy...they are so garish....but fantastic!

Are you buying this car to keep for yourself and cherish for decades, or do you just want to own a Porsche for little bit and sell. If you are looking to own it to sell then go to your local dealer and see what they put on the showroom floor. That will probably tell you what type of uninspired car you need to build to satisfy popular opinion.

Last edited by Semitone; 01-17-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 240 Posts

Choice of colors is so much of a personal preference. What may be garish to some may be attractive to others. Sometimes bad taste is just that.
In this case, I think the OP is better off deciding for himself whether he is comfortable with his choices. What the rest of us think is quite irrelevant. IMO.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
Choice of colors is so much of a personal preference. What may be garish to some may be attractive to others. Sometimes bad taste is just that.
In this case, I think the OP is better off deciding for himself whether he is comfortable with his choices. What the rest of us think is quite irrelevant. IMO.
This. Get what you want and dont let the killjoys spoil it for you. I had a black 997.2 with full leather, silver stitching, silver belts, exterior vents and window bottoms painted titanium and massive silver Caerra 4s painted down the sides. Would I have ever spec'd it that way?

No.

Did I love the hell out of it once I saw it and giggle like a little schoolboy?

Yes.

And I got a lot of 'Nice car mister!' commentary in an area with a lot of other more sensibly spec'd 911's

Personally, I think blue with yellow stitching could work well - the contrast would pop. I'd avoid the dials myself; I prefer readability and want nothing that big pulling my attention.

Of course, I also think Lava Orange and Miami Blue are good ideas, so ... ;p

Quick Reply: Graphite blue leather interior, with yellow deviated stitching/gauges or belts?