Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a Good deal? 991.2 C4 Cabriolet --> Today only!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The today only probably applied to the lease rates as it was the end of the quarter.

Now is the time to do an internet search and call and low ball on in stock ‘17 models.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Definitely only an ok deal. For sure nothing worth "today only".
Old 10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom!

I got caught up in the whole things and even though I know Today only, for some reason I began to believe him, and I'll tell you why...

He said today is end of month and I can do a deal today that you cant get tomorrow. So from $2082 per month I went to manager, and he went down to $1550 after spending a few hours there.

I have never leased, and purchased all of my cars slightly used, most most smart buyers here. I mean if you can afford a New one, no prob, but I'm not in that fancy boat... haha I'm in the dingy

So, I will look and look until I find something tha Does tick all the boxes.. As soon as I know what all the boxes really are...

Old 10-01-2017, 05:58 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by See U n RearView
Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom!

I got caught up in the whole things and even though I know Today only, for some reason I began to believe him, and I'll tell you why...

He said today is end of month and I can do a deal today that you cant get tomorrow. So from $2082 per month I went to manager, and he went down to $1550 after spending a few hours there.

I have never leased, and purchased all of my cars slightly used, most most smart buyers here. I mean if you can afford a New one, no prob, but I'm not in that fancy boat... haha I'm in the dingy

So, I will look and look until I find something tha Does tick all the boxes.. As soon as I know what all the boxes really are...

Take your time and try to find a dealer that will let you test drive a few cars and who will let you figure out what you really want. Go to different dealers, build a few cars on the configurator and ask current owners what options work for them.
You may find the CPO population of .2s growing, which would put you in your slightly used comfort zone.

After making a mistake on a '14 Mercedes, I looked for almost 2.5 years for my 911 and finally pulled the trigger when the right car came along through the dealer I had been working with. The hunt was almost as fun as the "kill". Good luck.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Take your time and try to find a dealer that will let you test drive a few cars and who will let you figure out what you really want. Go to different dealers, build a few cars on the configurator and ask current owners what options work for them.
You may find the CPO population of .2s growing, which would put you in your slightly used comfort zone.

After making a mistake on a '14 Mercedes, I looked for almost 2.5 years for my 911 and finally pulled the trigger when the right car came along through the dealer I had been working with. The hunt was almost as fun as the "kill". Good luck.
Ditto.

I will say, the end of the month deal pull is a real thing. Dealers have numbers to make.

Having said that, one thing you said above is something that many people do - shopping a payment. Never shop a payment. Always shop price, even on a lease. If you are not aware of how a lease works, there are plenty of online resources that can educate you. But like a purchase, always negotiate separately: purchase price, residual, money factor (loan rate), etc. Residual is usually set by the MFGR. MF is also set but padded by the dealer. Purchase price is completely negotiable. Usually leases have some kind of incentive (lease cash / trunk money). You don’t have to put anything down. Miles per year changes your residual. May or may not change your MF also.

I bet that Car will be there in 30’days. Use that and go get it!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a white car guy, but that color and option combo does look amazing. And the widebody is a big plus.

Never have your heart set on a car. You will spend too much. Go back in a week if its still there, bet you can get a good deal still.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Dealerships lie cheat and steal

It is such a shame that dealers are such scumbags. Im not sure if thats a good deal or not but the fact that the slimebag tries to push you into a giant decision would mean (for me at least) NEVER doing any business with him.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
It is such a shame that dealers are such scumbags. Im not sure if thats a good deal or not but the fact that the slimebag tries to push you into a giant decision would mean (for me at least) NEVER doing any business with him.
Some dealers are the worst. I just helped my in laws buy a car. the salesperson quota my mother in law a "today only" price that was 6K OVER what they advertised on their website...

Quick Reply: Is this a Good deal? 991.2 C4 Cabriolet --> Today only!!