Sponsored by:

Front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Lots of options, just use Reenlist search.

I like this one: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9861...e-bracket.html
Ditto. I wish that he would take orders.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 PM
911Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwiele
That was me.
Awesome. I looked into Magnetic holders. wouldn't it be easy for someone to just walk off w/ the plate if its held by magnet? Granted they can do that w/ e.g US Mill Works quick release assembly too.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 PM
911Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JW1
I have the front license plate holder from Skene Design with the long bracket.
I liked em too but it requires drilling holes (despite of it being tiny) into the front fender -- at least based on my read of their installation instructions. Or did I get it wrong?
Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Enthusiast
I liked em too but it requires drilling holes (despite of it being tiny) into the front fender -- at least based on my read of their installation instructions. Or did I get it wrong?
Nope, look at pic in post # 10. screws and double side tape installed in black plastic trim underneath, not in the face of the bumper.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:06 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Just leave it off unless you get stopped. If you get a fix it, throw the millworks on, get it signed off, take back off. It's a pain but worth not having a stupid front plate.
I'm with you. States like Wisconsin have commissioned studies on the benefits of front plates that could find no logical basis for requiring them. Meter maids have to walk around to the back of the car if it does not have a front plate. So what? But politicians are seldom logical. Those Northeastern, North Central and West Coast states just keep on with their front plate requirements. The South and Southeast states figured it out. There is no reason other than political to have a front plate. Meanwhile, if I resided in one of those nasty states, I would keep my front plate under the seat. When parking or pulled over for a ticket, I'd put the plate on my dashboard, and blame it on my dealer if needed. We Summer up North every year, and our FL registered cars have no front plates. But neither of us have ever been pulled over, despite the northern states' overspending and need for traffic ticket revenue...
Old 09-26-2017, 02:34 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Enthusiast
Awesome. I looked into Magnetic holders. wouldn't it be easy for someone to just walk off w/ the plate if its held by magnet? Granted they can do that w/ e.g US Mill Works quick release assembly too.
Yes, it would be very easy. But to see the plate on the car, it looks exactly like it was screwed on. I even have a frame and screw caps on it. Someone would have to pull on it to know the difference.

Quick Reply: Front license plate