Sponsored by:

Had a consult at PEC Atlanta today and nailed down my options

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 06:07 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Had a consult at PEC Atlanta today and nailed down my options

I have been struggling to nail down my options on my recently ordered C2S. I started a few threads the last few weeks and got some good suggestions from my original order input. Decided I really needed to see the colors and materials in person.
PEC Atlanta is actually closer to me that my purchasing dealer so I decided to go there and get a design consultation from the exclusive manufacturer representative there. What a great experience. My appointment was at 11 so I ended up meeting 3 of my buddies there and we did the driving simulators from 930-1030. We had a blast racing each other. We did four 15 minute races. First one was basically just learning to control the sim and then we got competitive the last 3. They also had a 911R sitting in the lobby which I enjoyed seeing.
After that I met with the Porsche representative and we spent about 90 minutes going through options and refining my choices. This is my first Porsche and the variety of options is somewhat overwhelming. For this price I wanted to make sure to get it right. I got some great suggestions and considered some things I would not have otherwise. Going into it I knew I was set on sapphire blue exterior and wanted something somewhat unique on the interior. I ended up going with the blue/ chalk interior with deviated leather center section of the seats also in the blue. Added white gauge faces and sport chrono dial. One suggestion the design consultant made was to do the seatbelts in bordeaux red for a color pop. I would have never thought of that but really like the way it looks. The end result is I have the car optioned just how I want it. Certainly won't be everyones cup of tea but I sure like it. Really pleased with the consultation process and it gave me a lot more confidence in what I picked vs just sitting at home and going through the configurator on my own. Below is the build info:

Configurator code - PJ78V8P3

911 Carrera S 105,100.00
2 N1 Sapphire Blue Metallic 720.00
3 BG Leather Interior in Graphite Blue/Chalk 4,280.00
00480 Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread 0.00
00490 Color Selection for Deviated Leather 0.00
4 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 3,210.00
25491 Seat Inlays of Front and Rear Seats in Leather in Deviating 0.00
5 456 Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) 2,490.00
6 457 Lane Change Assist (LCA) 850.00
7 470 Rear Axle Steering 2,090.00
8 489 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel 470.00
9 541 Seat Ventilation (Front) 840.00
10 581 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 0.00
11 583 Smoking Package 0.00
90027 Steering Column Casing with Stitching in Deviated Thread 0.00
12 970 Two-Tone Leather Interior 0.00
13 CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather 1,770.00
14 EKC Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior 1,100.00
15 P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package 2,330.00
16 QH1 Voice Control 0.00
17 QR5 Sport Chrono Package 2,610.00
18 XFJ Instrument Dials in White 860.00
19 XGM Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White 4
20.00XHU Seat Belts in Bordeaux Red 540.00
21 XSC Porsche Crest on Headrests 290.00
22 XVA Steering Column Casing in Leather with Stitching in Deviated 610.00
23 XVN Seat Centers in Deviated Leather 980.00
24 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest 0.00
25 ZAC No Sunroof 0.00
26 P3D Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way) 620.00
Automatically Dimming Mirrors 0.00
Seat Heating (Front) 0.00
27 603 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 0.00
Total Retail Vehicle Price 132,180.00
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee 1,050.00
Total of Charges & Taxes 1,050.00
Total Retail Price 133,230.00
Attached Images     
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice! Love the deviated seat centers in blue. Like you, I would have never thought of red seat belts with that combo but really like the look. Enjoy!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:25 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bmclaurin
Nice! Love the deviated seat centers in blue. Like you, I would have never thought of red seat belts with that combo but really like the look. Enjoy!
Thanks! Supposed to be done Dec 1. Would be a nice Xmas present but I am expecting it in January. Will come into the Jacksonville port and make its way to Atlanta.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Agree 100% on deviated seat inserts - looks like a perfect balance of light and dark to my eye.
I matched the red belts to SC dial on my Boxster GTS, but your white dials look good with the chalk bits.
Congrats.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:40 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks like you "got it right." And I don't even drink tea.... .
Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Your config seems to tie in pretty well. I wasn't sure about the red belts when I red your post above, but seems to work from the exterior picture as I scrolled down (ties in with the red bits on the tail lights and brakes?).

The Seat Centers + white gauges will make it a unique build and give it a cool personalized touch imo.

I think you should add the 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels" to top it off.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keadog
Agree 100% on deviated seat inserts - looks like a perfect balance of light and dark to my eye.
I matched the red belts to SC dial on my Boxster GTS, but your white dials look good with the chalk bits.
Congrats.
Actually did try the bordeaux red SC dial but didn't pull the trigger. Decided to stick with the white.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Really, really nice choices you've made. You're lucky to have that resource so close to you! Congrats. You've worked as hard on your configuration as just about anyone I've seen on here! I'm sure you'll love it.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 PM
MikeCar33
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing, I've been on the configurator everyday for the past month trying to nail it down and this is one configuration I didn't attempt that really works. Especially the seat belts in red.

One note about the deviated stitching on steering column casing -- I saw on Nick Murray's you tube channel where he said the stitching will reflect onto the dials, he pointed it out on a showroom car with lime-green stitching. I'm not sure what color stitching you chose but maybe darker stitching doesn't matter. Plus he was under bright lights and the car was a cab, so maybe that exaggerated it, but something to look at (and maybe its no big deal).

Great choices!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bwiele
Really, really nice choices you've made. You're lucky to have that resource so close to you! Congrats. You've worked as hard on your configuration as just about anyone I've seen on here! I'm sure you'll love it.
Thanks! Not sure what I will do with myself now that I don't have to set aside 3 hours per day for the configurator! LOL
Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shake1
Your config seems to tie in pretty well. I wasn't sure about the red belts when I red your post above, but seems to work from the exterior picture as I scrolled down (ties in with the red bits on the tail lights and brakes?).

The Seat Centers + white gauges will make it a unique build and give it a cool personalized touch imo.

I think you should add the 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels" to top it off.
That visit to the PEC consultant cost me an extra 3K in options, Im out of money for wheels! haha
His last attempt was to talk me into another $700 for floor mats with contrasting leather trim and deviated stitching. I told him I was done and out of cash!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeCar33
Thanks for sharing, I've been on the configurator everyday for the past month trying to nail it down and this is one configuration I didn't attempt that really works. Especially the seat belts in red.

One note about the deviated stitching on steering column casing -- I saw on Nick Murray's you tube channel where he said the stitching will reflect onto the dials, he pointed it out on a showroom car with lime-green stitching. I'm not sure what color stitching you chose but maybe darker stitching doesn't matter. Plus he was under bright lights and the car was a cab, so maybe that exaggerated it, but something to look at (and maybe its no big deal).

Great choices!
Thank you for mentioning that. My leather on the steering column is blue with chalk deviated stitching. Wonder what color dials and stitching he was looking at? I would think the white dials and chalk stitching may not be to bad a combo for reflection. I am going to hope so anyways.

I am still blown away with the amount of customization on these cars. Ive had some nice cars before but not in this league and never had all these choices. The fact that there is a youtuber out there commenting on possible deviated stitching reflections from a custom leather piece wrapping the steering column i just is insane to me. (Not saying Nick is insane just the fact that stuff like that is something to consider! I have enjoyed his videos and learned a lot)
Old 09-22-2017, 10:10 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice build - the seat centres and white dials, stand out
Old 09-23-2017, 05:34 AM
realityintrudes
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous!
I have been trying to get my configurator to display the deviated seat inserts (with IE and Chrome) and it never refreshes to reflect any seat color choices. It is great to see what the option does to the front and back.
Kurt
Old 09-23-2017, 07:51 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realityintrudes
Absolutely gorgeous!
I have been trying to get my configurator to display the deviated seat inserts (with IE and Chrome) and it never refreshes to reflect any seat color choices. It is great to see what the option does to the front and back.
Kurt
On my Mac you have to be in the 360 degree picture mode to see the deviated seat center option show up for some reason. In normal mode it never showed up for me. Try expanding it out to that mode and see it that works for you.

Quick Reply: Had a consult at PEC Atlanta today and nailed down my options