Canadian PCM user with Rogers SIM card

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:16 PM
acklau
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Canadian PCM user with Rogers SIM card

Hi,

If you are in Canada and using a Rogers SIM card for data in your PCM, you may find that you are only getting a 3G connection. To enable LTE, do the following: (I think this applies to all Porsche car with the latest PCM, not just 911, although I tested it in my 2017 C4S)

1. Go to Phone. Press the Opt button. Choose SET PHONE, Data connections, Configure APN.

2. Set the APN to be ltemobile.apn. No need to change the user or password.

3. Exit the settings.

You may have to wait up to 10 mins but eventually, the data connection will change to LTE.
The following users liked this post:
Prontissimo (08-01-2021)
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM
968boy
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Lots of confusion for Canadians and this.
So on your 2017 do you also subscribe and pay porsche for use of services like traffic etc? If you just insert a sim card you wont get much correct?

Originally Posted by acklau
Hi,

If you are in Canada and using a Rogers SIM card for data in your PCM, you may find that you are only getting a 3G connection. To enable LTE, do the following: (I think this applies to all Porsche car with the latest PCM, not just 911, although I tested it in my 2017 C4S)

1. Go to Phone. Press the Opt button. Choose SET PHONE, Data connections, Configure APN.

2. Set the APN to be ltemobile.apn. No need to change the user or password.

3. Exit the settings.

You may have to wait up to 10 mins but eventually, the data connection will change to LTE.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 PM
acklau
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Connect Store Canada

To use the Navigation and Infotainment Package in Canada, go to Porsche Connect Store Canada: https://connect-store.porsche.com/ca/en

According to Porsche, if your car is Connect Plus, you should have received an invitation from Porsche Cars Canada with the user name to use the site. I didn't though, I had to call Porsche Connect Support to get mine.

The package cost $179 but is free for everyone for the first year. If you have Connect Plus, the services should already be enabled in your car. Press Home, App, if you see News, Weather, Flight Info, etc., they are enabled and you can use them. You just cannot customize them until you have an account in the Porsche Connect Store. Once you have an account, you get an 8 digit login code. Then you can login by pressing Home, App, Opt button, Create new login.

Tip: once it is working, you can immediately download the 2018 map update. Traffic works too and is fairly accurate.
The following users liked this post:
Prontissimo (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Prontissimo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post acklau, thanks for sharing your experience. Saved a lot of headache.

Originally Posted by acklau
To use the Navigation and Infotainment Package in Canada, go to Porsche Connect Store Canada: https://connect-store.porsche.com/ca/en

According to Porsche, if your car is Connect Plus, you should have received an invitation from Porsche Cars Canada with the user name to use the site. I didn't though, I had to call Porsche Connect Support to get mine.

The package cost $179 but is free for everyone for the first year. If you have Connect Plus, the services should already be enabled in your car. Press Home, App, if you see News, Weather, Flight Info, etc., they are enabled and you can use them. You just cannot customize them until you have an account in the Porsche Connect Store. Once you have an account, you get an 8 digit login code. Then you can login by pressing Home, App, Opt button, Create new login.

Tip: once it is working, you can immediately download the 2018 map update. Traffic works too and is fairly accurate.

Quick Reply: Canadian PCM user with Rogers SIM card