Sponsored by:

Received my allocation for a Sapphire Blue GTS 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 03:26 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I think you may have posted in the wrong thread or your new thread somehow ended up here?
thanks for the catch! multitasking too much.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:51 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
My eyes!!!
If you're old enough to remember, Porsche used to be into very bold colors and combinations. Don't you still have your eclipse sun glasses? Not saying it's for everyone but I love it. My Mom thought I had good taste.

Originally Posted by bwiele
That combo takes a level of courage that I don't have! It certainly is a bold pair of choices.
Seen in context, I don't see it as bold... It gets compliments a lot. Maybe they're just being nice.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:52 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
If you're old enough to remember, Porsche used to be into very bold colors and combinations. Don't you still have your eclipse sun glasses? Not saying it's for everyone but I love it. My Mom thought I had good taste.

Seen in context, I don't see it as bold... It gets compliments a lot. Maybe they're just being nice.

Completely agree that Porsche used to do bold color combos. That's why I ordered my GTS in Riviera Blue with the Black/Bordeaux interior...

Check out this old 911L that inspired me

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...=CA15&ID=r0027
Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatChuk
Completely agree that Porsche used to do bold color combos. That's why I ordered my GTS in Riviera Blue with the Black/Bordeaux interior...

Check out this old 911L that inspired me

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...=CA15&ID=r0027
Very nice!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I checked in with my dealer today. The car is built, waiting in Emden for a ship. Most likely ship is the Splendid Ace, leaving Nov 23 and arriving in Davisville December 7th. Next ship after that is the Columbia Highway, departing Dec 2nd and arriving Dec 14th.

New schedule, according to Porsche:

Code:
Exit Emden       11/24
Entry Davisville 12/01
Exit Davisville  12/08
Dealer Inventory 12/15
Original estimate (upthread) was 12/29 for dealer inventory, so about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. The car made it to Emden 4 days early, so most of the difference is getting on a ship 7 days early and the sea voyage taking 7 days instead of 14. Transit schedules seem to be 7-12 days, which is why Porsche always puts 14.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:39 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I checked in with my dealer today. The car is built, waiting in Emden for a ship. Most likely ship is the Splendid Ace, leaving Nov 23 and arriving in Davisville December 7th. Next ship after that is the Columbia Highway, departing Dec 2nd and arriving Dec 14th.

New schedule, according to Porsche:

Code:
Exit Emden 11/24
Entry Davisville 12/01
Exit Davisville 12/08
Dealer Inventory 12/15
Original estimate (upthread) was 12/29 for dealer inventory, so about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. The car made it to Emden 4 days early, so most of the difference is getting on a ship 7 days early and the sea voyage taking 7 days instead of 14. Transit schedules seem to be 7-12 days, which is why Porsche always puts 14.
Mine came over on the Splendid Ace in August. It is a fast ship. Congrats.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Congrats! Looks like you are in for a great Christmas present!!

My SBM C2S seems to keep moving backwards on dates. Hope I see a reversal at some point and it comes a couple weeks sooner.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Since I'm going to be doing the Christmas-with-relatives thing, as I do every year, on the original schedule I wouldn't have seen the car until next year. It now seems very likely I'll have it before I leave.

Preying on my mind now is how cold it's going to be when I get it, and what sort of headaches I'm going to have if I need to have them put my winter wheels on before I can drive it home. And in a related note, whether my winter wheels from the C4S are going to fit! They're supposed to, since they're both 991 widebodies and I ordered 5-lug wheels rather than centerlocks, but I'm feeling a tad paranoid on the subject.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN

I really like SB but I’m a red sort of guy. That said, 9ELOVIN’s car is a beaut and a nice color combo. I can see why you get lots of compliments.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flickroll
I really like SB but I’m a red sort of guy.
I'm a metallic paint in general kind of guy. I really liked my C4S's Amaranth Red, though I wasn't fond of the beige leather.

Attachment 1352284

However, metallic red is not an option for current orders, only Guards or Carmine Red. That, and Sapphire Blue evokes the attachment I had to the Royal Sapphire Pearl Toyota Supra Turbo I drove for 16 years:

Name:  awlMM80.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  184.6 KB
Old 12-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Photos from my dealder today:

GTS 4 at dealership

Original estimated "in dealer inventory" was 12/29, so this is a full 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Near as I can tell it got offloaded at Davisville on Wednesday, so I got lucky with truck transport. I wasn't expecting it for another week.

One big issue is that it has summer tires on it, it's 36 degrees (F) out, and we've got 6" of snow forecast for tomorrow. I've got winter wheels in my garage, but the dealership is 40 minutes drive away. I have transported wheel / tire sets in my wife's Cayman, 1 in the passenger's seat and 1 in the back with the hatch slightly ajar, but I don't really want to go back and forth a couple of times given the distance.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:23 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

One big issue is that it has summer tires on it, it's 36 degrees (F) out, and we've got 6" of snow forecast for tomorrow. I've got winter wheels in my garage, but the dealership is 40 minutes drive away. I have transported wheel / tire sets in my wife's Cayman, 1 in the passenger's seat and 1 in the back with the hatch slightly ajar, but I don't really want to go back and forth a couple of times given the distance.
I just finished getting the garage set for winter. Summer tires stored. Catch mats out. All cars inside and cozy.

Sucks that you’re not going to get even one day in.

Dealer should be happy to flatbed your GTS to your house.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Photos from my dealder today:

GTS 4 at dealership

Original estimated "in dealer inventory" was 12/29, so this is a full 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Near as I can tell it got offloaded at Davisville on Wednesday, so I got lucky with truck transport. I wasn't expecting it for another week.

I hope you post a lot more photos of that beautiful GTS!!! Congrats!!!!! It looks gorgeous!

My Sapphire Blue GTS is moving through the process...I cannot wait!

Name:  QjLdNKa.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  65.1 KB

BTW, what is the difference between "planned date" and "expected date?" Which is usually more accurate?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

That is one beautiful car. Enjoy in the best of health.
Don't sweat the temps, although I would avoid snow only because of the the salt and gravel. These tires are DOT and as such can be driven in close to freezing temps, just not at the limits. I have Sport Cup 2's on my car and don't hesitate to drive at temps above 20F.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hurricane
BTW, what is the difference between "planned date" and "expected date?"
"Planned date" is the date they set when they first created the order. "Expected date" is the most current estimate, based on where the car is now.

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
These tires are DOT and as such can be driven in close to freezing temps, just not at the limits. I have Sport Cup 2's on my car and don't hesitate to drive at temps above 20F.
That's really good to know. I thought the critical temperature was higher. I do intend to avoid snow until I've got the winter wheels on it.

Quick Reply: Received my allocation for a Sapphire Blue GTS 4