Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone Painted the Front Grilles??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Has anyone Painted the Front Grilles??

I've ordered my Turbo with painted side sills, painted rear Facia, Painted side vents in black and black handles.

That leaves the front grills (Fog light bezels) and centre lower grille as the only black textured parts on the entire car... I hate the look

Has anyone taken the grills off and painted them to match the exterior colour of the car???

PICS??

First thing I do when I get the car is rip off the front bumper take off the grills and paint them lol!
Old 08-24-2017, 04:08 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

yes, I have, its an S, but should give you an idea. Car had a lot of chips when I bought it so I had the front repainted, and also all of the dull trim. Also had it all clear bra'd afterwards.

It makes a much cleaner look, imo.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:47 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

The answer is, you can do it. disassemble what ever is necessary and paint the part. This should only be done by a body shop if you want a perfect job. let them worry about the details
Old 08-24-2017, 10:37 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by okbarnett
The answer is, you can do it. disassemble what ever is necessary and paint the part. This should only be done by a body shop if you want a perfect job. let them worry about the details
ha lucky I own a shop! Need to see pics before I pull the trigger and decide to do it.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 PM
triplekg
Racer

any pics????
Old 09-08-2017, 01:30 AM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
I've ordered my Turbo with painted side sills, painted rear Facia, Painted side vents in black and black handles.

That leaves the front grills (Fog light bezels) and centre lower grille as the only black textured parts on the entire car... I hate the look

Has anyone taken the grills off and painted them to match the exterior colour of the car???

PICS??

First thing I do when I get the car is rip off the front bumper take off the grills and paint them lol!
Yes, I have done it. See photos:

Quick Reply: Has anyone Painted the Front Grilles??