991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PorscheFest - Potomac - Post your pics!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Default PorscheFest - Potomac - Post your pics!

Lining up for the drive up to Summit Point raceway.

Arrival!!

Lined up for some charity laps.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

This is the first event that we have done involving the cars. This is a group of very nice, fun, people. We had a great drive up to Summit Point through some nice VA and WVA countryside. PCA Potomac rented the race track for the weekend, and the pit was filled with some really good stuff. For some reason, I didn't take pictures of the pit but enjoyed walking through and looking at the cars.

We took some charity laps and that was a lot of fun. We now have the bug and will probably sign up for some autocross. I am very interested in racing on the track, and everyone is steering us to autocross first. Honestly, it doesn't interest me as much as the track but I'll give it a shot.

The afternoon was spent watching the different levels of drivers taking turns on the track. That was a lot of fun. We walked to various stations around the track and I had two favorite spots. The first is the high speed turn just before the pit, and the second is the s-turns that really showed driver skill. Were took a break for a classroom session that explained starting on the track at the "green" level. That was informative and well done. The rest of the afternoon was watching the drivers, then a nice BBQ dinner under the tent. Again, no pics of this for some reason, but I think there were probably 80-100 people there. We had a torrential rain but the big top kept us dry. Again, we really didn't know anybody but met a lot of nice people that engaged us.

It's a great club and we were grateful to see good use of our membership fees supporting this activity.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Great meeting you Dan! If you have never done DE before, sign up for an HPDC in the fall. It is an absolute blast. A lot of people do both DE and AX. You should try them both and that will help you figure out what you would like to do. The drive and dines are perhaps less intense but still a lot of fun, too.

Great pics - thanks for sharing these!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Great meeting you Dan! If you have never done DE before, sign up for an HPDC in the fall. It is an absolute blast. A lot of people do both DE and AX. You should try them both and that will help you figure out what you would like to do. The drive and dines are perhaps less intense but still a lot of fun, too.

Great pics - thanks for sharing these!
It was great to meet you, too! I think the drive and dine was a great way to meet people and get a taste of what the club is about. I've been a member for three years and never did anything like this, just the auto show.

If anybody is reading this that hasn't engaged, I encourage you to go to one of these events.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Great meeting you Dan - it was a fun drive, excellent laps around the track, and a good time hanging out all afternoon. I'll post some more pics later!

Old 08-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stealthboy
Great meeting you Dan - it was a fun drive, excellent laps around the track, and a good time hanging out all afternoon. I'll post some more pics later!
Great - you had a good camera, so looking forward to this!

It was great to meet you, too.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:03 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Great - you had a good camera, so looking forward to this!

It was great to meet you, too.
Yeah, the above pic is just one from my iPhone - the rest of my photos are at home. Will post some tonight!
Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 AM
jsykes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I was there with the Guards Red Cayman S. I just got the car two weeks ago, joined the PCA on Tuesday and went on the drive Saturday.

I'm terrible with names, but I think we met that day (had a discussion about using sunroofs), I'm Jim and had my buddy George riding along.

I can second the fact that everyone I spoke with was very nice and I plan to do more events as well.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsykes
Hey, I was there with the Guards Red Cayman S. I just got the car two weeks ago, joined the PCA on Tuesday and went on the drive Saturday.

I'm terrible with names, but I think we met that day (had a discussion about using sunroofs), I'm Jim and had my buddy George riding along.

I can second the fact that everyone I spoke with was very nice and I plan to do more events as well.
Yes, of course I remember you. I think your car is in a pic above. So, we will look forward to seeing you again!
Old 08-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

I'm not sure if I had the chance to meet all of you but welcome! And I hope you come out for another event some time!

Porschefest was a blast!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 PM
jsykes
Advanced

Yes, of course I remember you. I think your car is in a pic above. So, we will look forward to seeing you again!
Yup, I spotted it in a couple. I will definitely be out to some more events. I have no pictures to contribute though.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane

Love the rear view mirror shot. I was going to jump out and take a photo of all 30 cars lined up before we left, but with the movement it didn't happen.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Love the rear view mirror shot. I was going to jump out and take a photo of all 30 cars lined up before we left, but with the movement it didn't happen.
Yeah, when they are lined up, we are usually pretty pressed to get on the road in a timely manner LOL. In this case, we got lucky sitting at that first light and the road was curving around.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:38 PM
jsykes
Advanced

Hurricane, I think that is me in the red Cayman behind you. Pretty sure it was you I followed up there. Car looked great from behind and I like the GT3 style wing on the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PorscheFest - Potomac - Post your pics!