Sponsored by:

Photos of 991 C2S w/HRE FF04 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:42 AM
johnc510
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Post Photos of 991 C2S w/HRE FF04 wheels

Just got a chance to wash my car today. Given that there seems to only be photos of the HRE FF04 wheels on a Turbo S with the Tarmac (black) finish, I figured I'd share photos of my C2S with the FF04 in the Liquid Metal finish for those interested in getting these wheels on their narrow-body 991.

YES, I realize I need to lower my car!!! LOL. Mine does have SPASM but SPASM still leaves too much of a gap for my liking.

Enjoy!
Johnny

Last edited by johnc510; 08-11-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:26 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Your car looks perfect with those Wheels. I think the ride height looks perfect as well.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow very nice! I'm a fan of HRE's FF wheels.... not outrageously priced yet still looks great and of high quality.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 927 Likes on 549 Posts

Nice 4x4....LOL JK!

Once you lower the car it will look perfect. Did you add spacers or are those the stock offsets?
Old 08-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 927 Likes on 549 Posts

Also, which vendor did you use for purchase?
Old 08-11-2017, 07:32 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Great. Fantastic Wheels at an excellent price point. Thanks for sharing. Like the photography.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks great! I put FF01's on my car, and 1 week later the FF04 was announced lol. Either way, you cant go wrong with HRE!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:54 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Very nice! These are standard offsets for HRE, correct? So no custom offsets when you order?
Old 08-12-2017, 04:05 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Very nice. Love that design and color choice!

An interesting thing I have noticed is with my SPASM/HRE wheel setup is that I think the wheel gap at the top looks a little too big in photos, but when I see the car in person I think the stance and ride height looks just right. There's something about the contrasts of the dark tire and gap that the eye picks up differently than the camera.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Looks good. What are the offsets?

I'd try 5mm spacers first before lowering. Flushing the wheels out with the fender might give the effect you want.

if you do lower techart springs will be sufficient drop I think. H&R will give more drop than needed.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:01 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Very nice! These are standard offsets for HRE, correct? So no custom offsets when you order?
Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

I'd try 5mm spacers first before lowering. Flushing the wheels out with the fender might give the effect you want.

if you do lower techart springs will be sufficient drop I think. H&R will give more drop than needed.

Correct, HRE offers only one 991 Narrow Body fitment with the FF04's:

20"x9" ET 45 // 20"x11" ET 65

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 08-14-2017, 05:11 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Love these and the dance between OEM and Fuch inspiration.

That car could easily go bronze or something bold but I totally get this owner wanted something clean and classic.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 AM
johnc510
Instructor

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
Your car looks perfect with those Wheels. I think the ride height looks perfect as well.
Thanks! I used to be fine with the relatively low stance of SPASM but after putting on the HREs, I just feel the wheel gap is a bit much.

Originally Posted by Bossing
Wow very nice! I'm a fan of HRE's FF wheels.... not outrageously priced yet still looks great and of high quality.

Nice 4x4....LOL JK!

Once you lower the car it will look perfect. Did you add spacers or are those the stock offsets?
Haha, yup, kinda does look off-roadish! Stock offsets. I will be putting my 7mm spacers in the rear when I lower the car this week.

David @ Wheels Boutique. Transaction was smooth over the phone and from the time I got off the phone with him to the time I received the wheels (drop shipped from HRE) was two days!

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Looks Great. Fantastic Wheels at an excellent price point. Thanks for sharing. Like the photography.
Thanks. Glad you like the photos. I'm doing another photoshoot this weekend after I lower my car. Will post it.

Originally Posted by Code
Looks great! I put FF01's on my car, and 1 week later the FF04 was announced lol. Either way, you cant go wrong with HRE!
Thanks. FF01s are great wheels as well!

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Yes, standard offset... was told HRE only allows custom offsets for their forged wheels.

Originally Posted by StormRune
Very nice. Love that design and color choice!

An interesting thing I have noticed is with my SPASM/HRE wheel setup is that I think the wheel gap at the top looks a little too big in photos, but when I see the car in person I think the stance and ride height looks just right. There's something about the contrasts of the dark tire and gap that the eye picks up differently than the camera.
Standing about 15' or more away, I agree and think the SPASM stance looks OKAY. But man, when I get any closer than that, it just looks like a big gap... less so in the rear, but quite noticeable in the front. Anyhow, I ended up getting some H&R springs and will try to install them this week. If it's too low, I'll sell them and get some TechArt springs.

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

+45 front, +65 ET rear. The fronts are like having 6mm spacers compared to my stock Carrera Classics. The rears are like having 5mm spacers -- so I'll be putting my 7mm spacers on the rears this week to get a pretty close to flush look. However, the "flushness" of the front wheels is pretty good already yet that front wheel gap is too high for my tastes. I did end up getting the H&R so we'll see how that goes. I'll post photos after I lower it.

Originally Posted by WheelsB

Thanks again for the quick turnaround, David!

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Love these and the dance between OEM and Fuch inspiration.

That car could easily go bronze or something bold but I totally get this owner wanted something clean and classic.
Agreed, the bronze would have looked nice. There is a Sapphire Blue 991S with bronze HRE P101 wheels (photographed for TAG motorsport) on TAG and HRE's websites and it looks great! Of course, it's also lowered.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:39 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

Nice pictures. It looks great as is. I wouldn't lower it either.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:45 AM
johnc510
Instructor

So I've lowered the car with H&R springs and I must say, I really like the look! Not bumpy or bouncy at all and I'm not scraping everywhere (granted, I do have to drive into my driveway at a little more of an angle than before).

Here are a few photos I photographed for HRE after I lowered it. Note, this time, I added 7mm spacers to the rears whereas my previous photos before I lowered the car did not have spacers.

Quick Reply: Photos of 991 C2S w/HRE FF04 wheels