Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,334 Likes on 491 Posts

Old 01-27-2018, 03:19 AM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamid
I have been reading the forum for quite some time to help me decide, which 911 to get as my daily driver to enjoy the driving experience and not for bragging rights.

I finally decided to get a base 2017, 911 and wanted to share might thought with other fellows who might be in the same shoes as I was.

The car I bought is Charcoal Blue base 911 with PDK, 20” spider design wheels, Bose, Sunroof, Power steering plus, premium package with 14 way seats, steering heating and few other things with MSRP of just over 110k, but got a very good deal on it. Instead of the wheels I wish it had the sport exhaust for better sound, but that’s ok.

The car is plenty fast for day to day use and actually it might be a little too powerful to really enjoy driving it as a daily driver. I can't imagine how one can enjoy the S, GTS or higher models in daily use legally, unless you are regularly taking it to track.

When you wake up the engine, you are already over the speed limit and I mean way over.

You will look like an idiot pushing it at each stop light or red light for 3 seconds to get to above speed limit.

In sport mode it stays in lower gears, keeps the revs up (not crazy high just above 2k), which is nice and more enjoyable, but you can't really push it too hard or for too long as it reaches license suspension speed territory very quickly.

I think the base 991.1 might be more enjoyable, as you can rev it up more, but I haven’t tried it.

That said the handling is amazing and I am really enjoying it when it is above the speed limit and hoping for no tickets.
Yawn. The S / GTS engine is very much enjoyable to drive hard on public roads. 450 h / 405 t isn’t close to overkill in the year 2018... Glad you’re enjoying the new ride, the 911 is a special car no matter the spec!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Bamdharma
Are you happy with the breaks of base carrera
If he never exceeds the speed limit, he's hardly going to exercise the brakes.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:24 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamid
I have been reading the forum for quite some time to help me decide, which 911 to get as my daily driver to enjoy the driving experience and not for bragging rights.

I finally decided to get a base 2017, 911 and wanted to share might thought with other fellows who might be in the same shoes as I was.

The car I bought is Charcoal Blue base 911 with PDK, 20” spider design wheels, Bose, Sunroof, Power steering plus, premium package with 14 way seats, steering heating and few other things with MSRP of just over 110k, but got a very good deal on it. Instead of the wheels I wish it had the sport exhaust for better sound, but that’s ok.

The car is plenty fast for day to day use and actually it might be a little too powerful to really enjoy driving it as a daily driver. I can't imagine how one can enjoy the S, GTS or higher models in daily use legally, unless you are regularly taking it to track.

When you wake up the engine, you are already over the speed limit and I mean way over.

You will look like an idiot pushing it at each stop light or red light for 3 seconds to get to above speed limit.

In sport mode it stays in lower gears, keeps the revs up (not crazy high just above 2k), which is nice and more enjoyable, but you can't really push it too hard or for too long as it reaches license suspension speed territory very quickly.

I think the base 991.1 might be more enjoyable, as you can rev it up more, but I haven’t tried it.

That said the handling is amazing and I am really enjoying it when it is above the speed limit and hoping for no tickets.
This was my exact issue. I find the .1 base already overpowered enough for my local public roads, but I like that the rev-necessary powerband allows for some exploring and yelling before speeds get ludicrous. I had to really GO fast (which .2’s do quite effortlessly) to personally get feel out of the newer ones.

Regardless, you’ll enjoy, just watch the speeds (they build speed sneakily ) and enjoy life with a shiny new 911! As a DD, on Michigan roads, with that kind of mileage, I don’t think you could’ve picked a more well rounded 911 for the job.

Quick Reply: New BASE Model 911 owner