Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please critique my 991.2 4 GTS order!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:02 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Please critique my 991.2 4 GTS order!

hey guys, please critique my order.

I actually have a 991.2 GTS already, but they messed up the colour, so I get to order a new one... a couple of things i didn't like about my original order was the alcantara interior, so i completely got rid of it in this build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJERQ8C7

Thanks!

Base Price 911 Carrera 4 GTS

Exterior Colour
Black

Interior Colour
Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red
BM
$4,890
Packages
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
P3G
$2,470

Exterior
Deletion of Model Designation
$0
Deletion of Model Designation on Doors
$0
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
$0
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
$1,700
SportDesign Rear Spoiler Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XAT
$1,720
Rear Diffuser Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
CNG
$715
Side Skirts Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XAJ
$860
Side Mirror Painted (Lower Trim) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
CNL
$690
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XYB
$190
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
$4,250
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower)
$3,610
Rear Axle Steering
$2,390
Wheels
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
$0
Interior
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
$970
GT Sport Steering Wheel
$0
Deletion of Alcantara®
$0
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
P07
$3,460
Smoking Package
$0
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
$0
Interior Leather
Extended Leather Interior Package, Dashboard Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
CZW
$1,875
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XSC
$330
Sun Visors in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XMP
$660
Instrument Surround in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XNG
$430
Steering Column Casing in Leather with Contrast Stitching Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XVA
$700
Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XWK
$2,140
Interior Carbon
Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber (i.c.w. Leather Interior) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
EKG
$1,100
PDK Gear Selector in Carbon Fiber Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XHJ
$300
Audio and Communications
BOSE® Surround Sound System
9VL
$1,820
Colour Choice Leather/Decorative Stitchings
Color selection thread
RLZ-Bordeaux Red
$0
Total Price*
$184,220
Old 07-29-2017, 06:15 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

first critique is the 4....

Part of the awesomeness of a GTS is the widebody with 2wd! These cars are so planted there is no need for awd.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:16 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by R_Rated
first critique is the 4....

Part of the awesomeness of a GTS is the widebody with 2wd! These cars are so planted there is no need for awd.
The Canadian winters don't agree with you
Old 07-29-2017, 06:22 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

It sucks. Anything else?
Old 07-29-2017, 06:24 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I also like full leather with no alcantera. You have really optioned this with all the good stuff! I have an order in also and took the sport design spoiler off mine as it seems to be such a subtle difference for the $, but I have not seen one in person. May end up adding it back.
Your car will be awesome!
Old 07-29-2017, 06:24 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Do you drive the car all year round?
I drove a BMW M3 RWD car plus others in Edmonton for 15 years in the winter. Just got winter tires and wheels.
I agree the beauty of the GTS is the rwd and wide body. The handling is adversely affected by AWD. I think there is a false sense of security in AWD.
If you have a winter car or SUV don't get a GTS 4. If you don't, get the GTS 4 and enjoy it all year and accept the compromise in handling and performance.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:25 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
It sucks. Anything else?
Any actual feedback? Or are you just a dick?
Old 07-29-2017, 06:27 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by docmalone
I also like full leather with no alcantera. You have really optioned this with all the good stuff! I have an order in also and took the sport design spoiler off mine as it seems to be such a subtle difference for the $, but I have not seen one in person. May end up adding it back.
Your car will be awesome!
My current GTS doesn't have the spoiler (that's another mistake they made with the order)! I think it adds to the look of the car... it makes a bit more unique than other 911s. but you are totally right, it's pricey.

thanks!
Old 07-29-2017, 06:28 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by golden1911
Any actual feedback? Or are you just a dick?
Lol. Ignore him.
The interior will be awesome. I like the alcantara in the GT3 and RS, but agree that full leather belongs on the GTS.
I also am not a fan of the rear sport design spoiler for the money.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:29 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Do you drive the car all year round?
I drove a BMW M3 RWD car plus others in Edmonton for 15 years in the winter. Just got winter tires and wheels.
I agree the beauty of the GTS is the rwd and wide body. The handling is adversely affected by AWD. I think there is a false sense of security in AWD.
If you have a winter car or SUV don't get a GTS 4. If you don't, get the GTS 4 and enjoy it all year and accept the compromise in handling and performance.
I drive the 911 year round, it's my daily driver for sure.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:34 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by golden1911
I drive the 911 year round, it's my daily driver for sure.
Cool. I think it is a great build then both for looks and function. Have you considered leaving the sport design mirrors that fold manually? The electric ones are bulky and do not look sporty on this sporty car.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:41 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Cool. I think it is a great build then both for looks and function. Have you considered leaving the sport design mirrors that fold manually? The electric ones are bulky and do not look sporty on this sporty car.
I didn't even know they looked different. Thanks so much! Only issue i see is that you can't have the base painted. But I'll still take your recommendation.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:50 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Wow - what a fantastic build.

Front axle lift - especially since you are SPASM and sporting the GTS spoiler. I need to use this option daily to avoid scraping when pulling into my driveway, my parking garage at work, and whenever I pull into the local gas-stations.

LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) - these are incredible. Plus you get the black trim around the headlight assembly.

Sun Visors in Leather - In the U.S. these come with ugly airbag warning stickers. Not sure where you are and if you'll get ugly stickers, but if I could do this over I'd stick with the factory sun visors and then order replacements from Suncoast without the stickers. You can get them in either leather or alcantara and install them afterward.

Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color - you have such a blacked out exterior, you might want to paint these rather than have bright chrome warts on the front-end.

Seat Centres in Contrasting Leather - just something to think about. I'd love to see how it would look with black seat centers.

Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof - this is a very personal opinion so please keep that in mind, but I never ever use my sunroof, the wind noise is too high and after 7k miles mine rattles like it's full of maracas. The glass sunroof (which is what I have) at least lets some light in, but my next 911 will have the sunroof deleted.

Overpriced options (aren't they all, though?):

Extended Leather Interior Package, Dashboard - not much for a significant amount of money (I have this option on mine). If you get it with deviated stitching (you get it with the black/red, right?) then this will look very cool and I retract my opinion.

Instrument Surround in Leather - I've never seen this one in any build. Is it worth it? Will you notice it?

Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish - it's plastic and you only see it when you fuel up (I bought this and feel foolish). It's even more expensive than last year.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:01 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by digits
Wow - what a fantastic build.

Front axle lift - especially since you are SPASM and sporting the GTS spoiler. I need to use this option daily to avoid scraping when pulling into my driveway, my parking garage at work, and whenever I pull into the local gas-stations.

LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) - these are incredible. Plus you get the black trim around the headlight assembly.

Sun Visors in Leather - In the U.S. these come with ugly airbag warning stickers. Not sure where you are and if you'll get ugly stickers, but if I could do this over I'd stick with the factory sun visors and then order replacements from Suncoast without the stickers. You can get them in either leather or alcantara and install them afterward.

Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color - you have such a blacked out exterior, you might want to paint these rather than have bright chrome warts on the front-end.

Seat Centres in Contrasting Leather - just something to think about. I'd love to see how it would look with black seat centers.

Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof - this is a very personal opinion so please keep that in mind, but I never ever use my sunroof, the wind noise is too high and after 7k miles mine rattles like it's full of maracas. The glass sunroof (which is what I have) at least lets some light in, but my next 911 will have the sunroof deleted.

Overpriced options (aren't they all, though?):

Extended Leather Interior Package, Dashboard - not much for a significant amount of money (I have this option on mine). If you get it with deviated stitching (you get it with the black/red, right?) then this will look very cool and I retract my opinion.

Instrument Surround in Leather - I've never seen this one in any build. Is it worth it? Will you notice it?

Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish - it's plastic and you only see it when you fuel up (I bought this and feel foolish). It's even more expensive than last year.
hey! thanks for your feedback. So I have the advantage of already having a 991.2 GTS, so I already have some of the options. So...

1. Lift - I have this now and never ever use it! I live in toronto and it seems fine.
2. I actually have that ugly sticker, i didn't realize that, thanks! I'll re-think this. the suncoast one seems a lot more expensive though.

3. the headlight cleaning system comes in black already on the gts?

4. seat centers in black i think would make the car toooooo messy

5. I currently have the glass roof and I'd prefer it to be fully alcantara inside. i never use the glass! personal preference.

6. with the red and black, the extended leather gives you red stitching!

7. intstrument in leather - this is a suggestion from a friend... it's probably a waste

8. PDSL+ - so the stock lights on the GTS come black, so that's no problem. I currently have the PDSL+ and don't love the look of the dual LEDs. it's also quite pricey.

and the fuel cap!? i actually though it was aluminum... it's plastic?!
Old 07-29-2017, 07:36 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

[QUOTE=golden1911;14359314]hey guys, please critique my order.

Sorry if I missed this but how did they mess up the color? What happened?

Tough to critique as it's a beautiful spec (and high spec at that)! Congrats!

Only thing I did different in a major way was manual and cxx painted wheels GT silver as I prefer silver to black wheels.

I also ordered a GTS 4 to dd all year long. Most of my driving is climbing high elevation so 2wd didn't make sense for me either.

Quick Reply: Please critique my 991.2 4 GTS order!