Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White vs Black Instrument Dials, Black Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:31 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I'll be the guy that throws a wrench in the discussion. Have you considered Bordeaux dials? You can get Bordeaux belts to match. I couldn't do Bordeaux dials in GTS (only guards red available) which made me change exterior to Agate and go with black/Bordeaux Interior.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:59 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
Ok I'll be the guy that throws a wrench in the discussion. Have you considered Bordeaux dials? You can get Bordeaux belts to match. I couldn't do Bordeaux dials in GTS (only guards red available) which made me change exterior to Agate and go with black/Bordeaux Interior.
I came up with this very idea last night when I was messing with the configurator until past midnight. I do not believe the dealer has belt or face samples but I’m going to check today. I’ve been considering red belts but I do not think Guards Red belts are right for Carmine as they are very bright. Bordeaux Red dials look good on the configurator but need to see them in person. I *think* the dealer has a used Cayman with a Bordeaux Red SC dial and am going to investigate that today. Bordeaux Red is more subdued and may be just fine with Carmine for both gauges and belts.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:03 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by budrichard
I ordered my C4S with the Black Dial option because I knew that the Silver caused visibilty problems.
This car is my DD. The other dial options catch your eye but then you have to live with them.
I have all Black interior with the trim Black leather covered also because I wanted minimal distractions in the interior.
I have a Mexico Blue Boxster with Mexico Blue interior trim, it's a great looker but for the C4S i wanted the interior subdued. I did order Carmine Red Vent Trim for just a little interior color.
I could not be happier!-Richard
That looks really sharp and I have toyed with painted vents on the configurator, although I did not do the leather trim (didn’t think of it). For some colors the painted air vents are too much but I think for Carmine it looks really good and helps to break up the monotony of an all black interior. Your interior looks great IMO and I do like the all black gauges.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:54 AM
JR956678
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Ho
Can anyone with white dials on their 991.2 post a pic? I"d like to see these cutouts and the builder doesn't show them. I am considering white dials for my GT3.

Sorry about the reflections from the steering wheel but this will give you an idea. Personally I don't think I would have ordered the car this way but I'm OK with it.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:24 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
That looks really sharp and I have toyed with painted vents on the configurator, although I did not do the leather trim (didn’t think of it). For some colors the painted air vents are too much but I think for Carmine it looks really good and helps to break up the monotony of an all black interior. Your interior looks great IMO and I do like the all black gauges.
If you do order be sure to get 'Painted Vent Trim' as you can also get 'Painted Vents' or both actually if you want.-Richard
Old 07-29-2017, 12:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

On the S you can, not sure about the base. A box to check for ‘Instrument Dials in Black’. All that option really does is replace the silver tach with a black one as everything else is black anyway. A big positive about that option is the cost is $0.
Bummer they don't offer that option in the new GT3.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:33 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 997 I had white dials and loved them. On my 991 I ordered all black dials primarily because of the LCD screen, which is more often than not, black. I prefer all my dials similar in background.

Silly perhaps, but I am super happy with the all black.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:37 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all of the input guys. I have decided to go with black Instrument gauges, and the SC clock in white. Have one last thing to tidy up and that is seat belts. A new thread on the way!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks for all of the input guys. I have decided to go with black Instrument gauges, and the SC clock in white. Have one last thing to tidy up and that is seat belts. A new thread on the way!
You might want to consider matching up your SC face color and your seat belt color. I have black interior with black gauges, but GR SC face and GR seat belts and really like the way the reds add a little pop as well as work together color wise.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:41 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I actually like the silver tach more than anything on these. However, on a red car with black interior I'd probably go and do red dials...for black cars with red stitch or red cars with black interior and red stitch I like the extra pop.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:01 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
You might want to consider matching up your SC face color and your seat belt color. I have black interior with black gauges, but GR SC face and GR seat belts and really like the way the reds add a little pop as well as work together color wise.
Great idea. I will play with that in the configurator. Thx
Old 07-29-2017, 02:02 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I actually like the silver tach more than anything on these. However, on a red car with black interior I'd probably go and do red dials...for black cars with red stitch or red cars with black interior and red stitch I like the extra pop.
Good idea and I’ll play with this too. Thank you
Old 07-29-2017, 02:23 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I have the 2-tone garnet red/black interior (so black dash) with all gauges in white. The white gauges are one of my favorite aspects of the interior.
Mine too!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Brainfry (11-29-2019)
Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bernpep
Mine too!
That does look nice.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:06 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Dials should match your tires..... or to paraphrase Henry Ford, "Any color as long as it's black."

Base only comes with black dials, no silver tach.

Quick Reply: White vs Black Instrument Dials, Black Interior