Sponsored by:

Few questions about manual transmission on 991.2 c4

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 12:25 AM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenfall
Thank you for the reply. But I was asking about the gear ratio difference between the carrera all wheel drive version versus two wheel drive version not base vs s. As stated in the press material I downloaded from " http://press.porsche.com/models/911 ", they are different too. It is 3.44 on c2 and 3.09 on c4. Not sure why.
Ok sorry. Both front and rear final drive ratios are listed and I am not sure how to account for this. If front only its like a C2, but if rear only, less torque, less acceleration and higher redline speeds.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:34 AM
Greenfall
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asia
Ok sorry. Both front and rear final drive ratios are listed and I am not sure how to account for this. If front only its like a C2, but if rear only, less torque, less acceleration and higher redline speeds.
Im no expert so I am not sure how to calculate neither. Things are getting more complicated when two axles are involved. Which number should I use to calculate the rev? front or rear or another number porsche did not tell us?

However, quite contray to what the gear ratio suggests, c4 has faster acceleration and lower max speed than c2. Confused

Quick Reply: Few questions about manual transmission on 991.2 c4