Sponsored by:

2017 991.2 GTS front spoiler lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:27 AM
pelleran
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
Last week I had a flat that necessitated a tow to the dealer and the tow company damaged that lip while unloading the car. it’s worth noting that this is a sacraficial body part and I gotta give credit to Porsche for designing it this way rather than damaging the expensive part of the bumper after that incline in your garage. No other car I own, or have owned, is designed this way.

I got the car back the next day with that black plastic lip like new. Several people on this forum asked me how I got it and I said “dunno, the car just showed up with it.” I was talking with the GM at my dealership yesterday and he mentioned that they didn’t have the part in stock so they took one off a new car in inventory and installed it on my car. I guess the reports are true, this is a part that nobody seems to have available right now.

Does anyone still have the damaged spoiler available? If so could you please inspect it closely to check the part number? Part number should be molded on the part somewhere. May be if someone get that number then we can finally order one!!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:29 AM
pelleran
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikex25
Did you actually order that part number? I ask because this was the exact same part number that suncoast accidentally ordered for me, but it was the standard PASM front lip.
According to my dealer that part is not the right one. I have to stop by and see it with my eyes. I will keep looking for solutions and post here if I find anything. Meanwhile, if anyone would be able to get the part number directly from a damaged/removed spoiler that would be great!!!

Quick Reply: 2017 991.2 GTS front spoiler lip