Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   So i ordered a Turbo!!!!!!! (Need help with Color Combo!) (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/999597-so-i-ordered-a-turbo-need-help-with-color-combo.html)

triplekg 07-13-2017 11:16 PM

So i ordered a Turbo!!!!!!! (Need help with Color Combo!)

After a year of debating and going back and forth today I offically ordered my first Supercar...

Coming from a 2017 Corvette Z06 (Which is an amazing car) My initial thought was a 4S or GTS but my current car IMO was a better car and 40k less....

I got a chance to spend some time with a Turbo last week and ordered one today

Color TBD - Im down to 5 Carrera White (Which was ordered), Black, And the 3 greys - GT Rhodium and Agate....

Red / Black 2 Tone Interior
Glass Sliding Roof
Porsche Colored logo Wheel Caps
Heated Seats
Porsche Emblem on Seats
Smokers Package
Power Steering Plus
Luggage Net

I am beyond excited!!!!

White with Red interior is my first choice but then I was thinking Rhodium Silver with Red or Black with Red interior

Or Dark Blue with Tan Interior, or ...... Who knows!!

Should I add anything. The turbo comes pretty loaded so I really only wanted Glass Roof but the dealer added the other things...

What colour would u guys go

stealthpilot 07-13-2017 11:19 PM

I have the White with Black/Red two-tone interior. The car gets a lot of looks. Whenever i street park I catch people checking the car out.

That said, I got this color scheme because my choices were limited by the fact the car was used.

Here is what I would order ifI could order anything:
1) Sapphire Blue / Espresso-Cognac
2) Carmine Red / Black-Burgundy
3) GT Silver / Black-Burgundy

These 3 combinations have a serious wow factor in my opinion.

If anyone wants to sell a used 2017 991TTS in color schemes above with PAS/Burmester - please call me!

worf928 07-14-2017 06:57 AM

Agate is a 'stealth' color. It doesn't draw attention. 'tis what I wanted when coming from an Orange DD.

Pics of Agate with the Black/Red interior in my ED thread: click on '991TT' in my sig.

Dennis C 07-14-2017 09:48 AM

My list would start with anything other than silver, gray, or black.

Sapphire Blue looks fantastic. I love Mahogany Brown, but it's not for everybody. Miami blue also looms great, but it's also not for everybody.

triplekg 07-14-2017 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis C (Post 14322316)
My list would start with anything other than silver, gray, or black.

Sapphire Blue looks fantastic. I love Mahogany Brown, but it's not for everybody. Miami blue also looms great, but it's also not for everybody.

I originally wanted a Orange GTS but for the Turbo Orange didn't look as good.

Love Sapphire Blue!

DJ23 07-15-2017 12:27 AM

I have a TTS on order for a November delivery. I've added the Aero Kit which I think is a real eye catcher with Guards Red. And I have the deviated stitching interior. I skipped on the Burmester and placed that money towards the deviated package which I thought I would get more enjoyment out of.
In any event good luck on your new purchase. When is your anticipated delivery?

Jay

Deckard 07-15-2017 02:06 AM

Lava orange is interesting--saw a lava orange TTS cabrio the other day with the black roof. With black wheels and a gloss black aero kit, I think it could work.

If you are getting a coupe, I like the way the white looks with black accents. Sapphire blue is also stunning in person but not for everyone.

Dennis C 07-15-2017 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deckard (Post 14324416)
Lava orange is interesting--saw a lava orange TTS cabrio the other day with the black roof. With black wheels and a gloss black aero kit, I think it could work.

There was one for sale here at one of the local Porsche dealerships that was equipped just as you describe. It had chalk interior with lots of upgrades. The sticker price exceeded $240K. I never saw it in person, but it looked great in the photos.

Garydose 07-15-2017 05:44 PM

Night Blue Metallic + Saddle Tan

triplekg 07-16-2017 11:40 PM

loving guards red with black glass top

ace37 07-17-2017 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14321702)
Color TBD - Im down to 5 Carrera White (Which was ordered), Black, And the 3 greys - GT Rhodium and Agate....

Should I add anything. The turbo comes pretty loaded so I really only wanted Glass Roof but the dealer added the other things...

On color:

-GT is classic but I personally wouldn't like it with the black roof as well as the metal one.
-Black can look absolutely stunning if you get it paint corrected and ceramic coated at delivery and then clean it just about every time you drive it. I don't want the work but if you would do that it really looks great.
-Never been a fan of the panda look with black and white, but some love it. I also typically like pearl whites but not plain ones. This one is just an arbitrary preference though, no real basis for it.
-I'd get GT over rhodium. GT is a colder color which I like and it has a lot of history with the car and brand.
-Personally, of your choices the only one I would love is Agate. To me it's the most interesting color; it shows the lines of the car, has some depth, and doesn't demand the work of black to look decent every day.

I bought a red one and also love the sapphire blue. Both contrast against the black roof well, and I added a fair number of black exterior accents. You may want to get the 3D configurator up and see how the look comes together with a few exterior builds. Then it's easy to say it's worth it or not for an exterior appearance "package" versus skipping all of the options. And some options are much better seen in person. Black headlights for instance - the configurator doesn't offer a very good representation of how it looks in the flesh. CAD representations on computer monitors just aren't great at communicating the subtleties in color.

On other options:
-I'd consider LCA as if it has a 10% chance of saving you an accident it was worth the cost. It's unobtrusive and effective, very well executed.
-I like the ventilated seats in a hot car
-Check out all of the seats by hopping in a few cars at the dealership and making sure you get the ones you like best. I find the 18 ways very comfortable for my body type.
-I like audio and sprung for the Burm system. If you don't much care don't bother.
-I added PDCC and am happy with it but not everybody likes it; you might do some research to see the pros and cons
-I like the aerokit and added some exterior options primarily for aesthetics
-I did deviated stitching in my exterior color and really like how much interest it adds to the interior. I'd add some pop to the interior with either options or a two color interior selection.

And all of the options are overpriced. So is the car, and you're already buying it. I chose to embrace it and get exactly what I wanted. I'll lose more on the car this way but if minimizing the financial loss were a core goal I'd buy something far cheaper instead and be done with it. This is a big splurge and I'll enjoy it and make up for it financially elsewhere.

Good luck! You'll love the car - I absolutely love mine.

triplekg 07-17-2017 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by ace37 (Post 14329561)
On color:

-GT is classic but I personally wouldn't like it with the black roof as well as the metal one.
-Black can look absolutely stunning if you get it paint corrected and ceramic coated at delivery and then clean it just about every time you drive it. I don't want the work but if you would do that it really looks great.
-Never been a fan of the panda look with black and white, but some love it. I also typically like pearl whites but not plain ones. This one is just an arbitrary preference though, no real basis for it.
-I'd get GT over rhodium. GT is a colder color which I like and it has a lot of history with the car and brand.
-Personally, of your choices the only one I would love is Agate. To me it's the most interesting color; it shows the lines of the car, has some depth, and doesn't demand the work of black to look decent every day.

I bought a red one and also love the sapphire blue. Both contrast against the black roof well, and I added a fair number of black exterior accents. You may want to get the 3D configurator up and see how the look comes together with a few exterior builds. Then it's easy to say it's worth it or not for an exterior appearance "package" versus skipping all of the options. And some options are much better seen in person. Black headlights for instance - the configurator doesn't offer a very good representation of how it looks in the flesh. CAD representations on computer monitors just aren't great at communicating the subtleties in color.

On other options:
-I'd consider LCA as if it has a 10% chance of saving you an accident it was worth the cost. It's unobtrusive and effective, very well executed.
-I like the ventilated seats in a hot car
-Check out all of the seats by hopping in a few cars at the dealership and making sure you get the ones you like best. I find the 18 ways very comfortable for my body type.
-I like audio and sprung for the Burm system. If you don't much care don't bother.
-I added PDCC and am happy with it but not everybody likes it; you might do some research to see the pros and cons
-I like the aerokit and added some exterior options primarily for aesthetics
-I did deviated stitching in my exterior color and really like how much interest it adds to the interior. I'd add some pop to the interior with either options or a two color interior selection.

And all of the options are overpriced. So is the car, and you're already buying it. I chose to embrace it and get exactly what I wanted. I'll lose more on the car this way but if minimizing the financial loss were a core goal I'd buy something far cheaper instead and be done with it. This is a big splurge and I'll enjoy it and make up for it financially elsewhere.

Good luck! You'll love the car - I absolutely love mine.

great post thank you! What Red did you get? I keep looking up Guards Red with Black Roof and it's killer!

triplekg 07-17-2017 10:24 PM

Dealer Called today...

Specs will be locked in Sept, Delivery Early January.... Very Excited to say the least!!

ace37 07-17-2017 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14330443)
great post thank you! What Red did you get? I keep looking up Guards Red with Black Roof and it's killer!

Yeah, mine is Guards Red. I really like the contrast and went with a number of black accents and black headlights. Really like it.

I like the bold colors - if they have a strong color the black sets them off well. The blues are good too, and I think a bright green might be really fun on a GT or turbo car. But they're pretty loud for some.

ace37 07-17-2017 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14330457)
Dealer Called today...

Specs will be locked in Sept, Delivery Early January.... Very Excited to say the least!!

Congrats!!