Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

So i ordered a Turbo!!!!!!! (Need help with Color Combo!)

Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 AM
PPFANBOY
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Black or White with red interior.
Can't go wrong

Black is high maintenance, keep that in mind.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Great post by ace37. I mostly agree, so will keep comments to where I may differ. I like Carrera White over non-metallic white, too. It pops more, and it's just a personal preference. As for silver, my personal preference is for a warmer silver over a colder one, but unless the configurator is wrong, GT Silver looks warmer to me and the one I like, so I guess we agree on that. I also like body colored sunroofs over glass, as the color gives the car more of a solid color look vs two-tone (except black of course). But color choice is entirely personal. You should choose a color that makes you think to yourself as you walk up to drive it, "wow, that's my car!"

If you don't mind a wait and doing a small amount of work, I'd easily skip the Burmester and just do the Musicar tweeter upgrade to the Bose system. There is a separate thread on this. It sounds better to my ears than Burmester, and you save a few thousand you could spend on other options (or just pocket the savings; you're already spending plenty).

The only option not on my car I wish I had was PDCC. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:55 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

another thing Is I don't like the rims. Turbo or Turbo S wheels - I would love to have an option to put on the Spyder Rims on - Porsche won't I'm hoping the Dealer can pull something for me....
Old 07-18-2017, 03:24 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
another thing Is I don't like the rims. Turbo or Turbo S wheels - I would love to have an option to put on the Spyder Rims on - Porsche won't I'm hoping the Dealer can pull something for me....
I gave a bit of thought to going aftermarket and selling the free wheels. Dealer can swap the tires over before you take delivery. Lots of nice options out there for $6-10k, and you'd recover a few grand selling the stock wheels in new condition so the net cost wouldn't be too bad. HRE also has that flow forged line for ~$3k a set.

I ended up doing the sport classic wheels in black and I like them quite well on the car. Might eventually pick up a second set for winter tires, and in that case someone's factory take offs (from eBay or here on rennlist) or those flow forged ones make a lot of sense to me as I don't want to spend $10k for winter wheels that will just get dinged up.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:48 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by ace37
I gave a bit of thought to going aftermarket and selling the free wheels. Dealer can swap the tires over before you take delivery. Lots of nice options out there for $6-10k, and you'd recover a few grand selling the stock wheels in new condition so the net cost wouldn't be too bad. HRE also has that flow forged line for ~$3k a set.

I ended up doing the sport classic wheels in black and I like them quite well on the car. Might eventually pick up a second set for winter tires, and in that case someone's factory take offs (from eBay or here on rennlist) or those flow forged ones make a lot of sense to me as I don't want to spend $10k for winter wheels that will just get dinged up.

I would go with the sport classic 5 star in black with the ring around it stays polished and that looks bad (IMO) - I just might have them powder coated before I take delivery in black.....
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

I would go with the sport classic 5 star in black with the ring around it stays polished and that looks bad (IMO) - ...
Bad in a good way? Or bad in a bad way?
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2017, 09:33 AM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by worf928
Bad in a good way? Or bad in a bad way?
love that combo! agate grey / red???

I don't like the chrome around the edge for some reason, otherwise sick looking beast.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:33 PM
triplekg
Racer

it looks to me like the Exterior Painted Package is a Must on this car!!

I love the looks of the complete rear bumper painted, the side skirts painted and the side vents painted - does this do anything with the front lower spoiler????
Old 07-19-2017, 03:03 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37

Congratulations on your order OP. The Corvette is a great car but you're going to have dramatically more fun in this Porsche.

We've helped set up many Rennlister's with their aftermarket wheel setups, take a look at our extensive gallery for a little inspriation - http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/porsche/

One of my all-time favorites; Ice Blue Metallic Turbo on HRE P200's:

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-19-2017, 09:18 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

love that combo! agate grey / red???
Agate with the Black/Red two-tone interior.

it looks to me like the Exterior Painted Package is a Must on this car!!
I love the looks of the complete rear bumper painted,
I've played with this in the configurator endlessly. To my eyes, especially on a light color, painting the diffuser, front air dam and side skirts makes it look too fat. The 991 is already really, really big. See:

otherwise sick looking beast.
Thanks. I'm partial to it.

I don't like the chrome around the edge for some reason.
To each his own.

The bare metal, polished rim (it's not chromed) when coupled with the aluminum-look trim provides an 'outline' effect of the classic 911 shape with an 'outline' of the wheels. It's an effect most noticeable in darker conditions.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:23 PM
triplekg
Racer

my facination with this whole Porsche 911 started when i saw a Orange GTS....

When I build an orange turbo with a Painted exterior package and black door handles it looks amazing
Attached Images   
Old 07-20-2017, 07:12 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Stunning car in Lavar, and yes, love the black door handles. Specced them on my white 18, with painted side skirts and rear fascia. I think the painted side skirts help lower the car visually. I'm helping that look along with my GMG springs.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by KBS911
Stunning car in Lavar, and yes, love the black door handles. Specced them on my white 18, with painted side skirts and rear fascia. I think the painted side skirts help lower the car visually. I'm helping that look along with my GMG springs.
why not do the exterior paint package ? Basically get painted side vents for a couple hundred more...

What white did u go with??

Down to Orange, Carmine Red or now Chalk is really getting my attention... Looking for some real world pics of Chalk now lol
Old 07-31-2017, 11:48 PM
triplekg
Racer

final build:

Carmine Red
Painted Lower Skirts
Painted Rear Facia
Gloss Black Door Handle
Gloss Black Side Vent
Black LED Headlights
Sport Design Mirrors
Glass Roof

Not much on interior and nothing else. Maybe Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Not much on interior and nothing else. Maybe Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel

How much does Porsche charge for their Carbon steering wheel?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So i ordered a Turbo!!!!!!! (Need help with Color Combo!)