Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Ordering 911 Turbo - Help w/ spec..

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 04:00 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ordering 911 Turbo - Help w/ spec..

EDIT********** Since a moderator moved this thread to another section, it has lost the 6-7 replies from members which is a shame. I've added White/White to my spec for thoughts on it and removed Sapphire on Black/Red

Just wanted a little help from you guys on a couple of things..

Im ordering a 911 Turbo w/ Gloss Black Aero Kit next week & I'm stuck on either:

#1) White on Black/Bordeaux Red

#2)Sapphire Blue on Graphite Blue/Chalk

#3)White on Graphite Blue/Chalk

I have attached a few pics of each spec from the config for your reference.

Any help from guys who have, or have had a Sapphire Blue car please chime in on the pros/cons etc.

For #3, I don't have any kids & I take great care of my car, so white leather wouldn't be a problem.

My current P-car is White on Red so Im familiar with it and I love it, however wondering if it's time for a change to Sapphire or not..

Also a question for anyone I guess... Do I need the front axle lift system? I don't think I do as I don't really have any steep inclines on my route.. Of course I'll come across some, but do I really need the lift system if it's not often I'll need it? Or, will I need it more than I think!?

Lastly, do I need PDCC on the Turbo...? I have read mixed reviews on whether its a 'must' or not and I'm split down the middle. Any input from TT/ TTS boys would help dearly.

Thank you very much.

Quick P-code of my spec..Just debating the exterior colour and maybe the interior as well..

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJYGMLM7
Attached Images      

Last edited by STKDoctor; 07-08-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:41 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Here is a video of #3 (White on Graphite/Chalk)

This is in Convertible & Turbo S form, but still gives a nice look @ the #3 combo..
Well worth a look!

and

Old 07-08-2017, 08:31 PM
JR956678
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
Also a question for anyone I guess... Do I need the front axle lift system? I don't think I do as I don't really have any steep inclines on my route.. Of course I'll come across some, but do I really need the lift system if it's not often I'll need it? Or, will I need it more than I think!?
I had a 991.2 C4S without the front axle lift and found a number of locations where I did not think I needed it - and in fact DID need it. I never did major damage but I did scrape. So then I got a 991.2 TTs with the Aerokit and front axle lift and while I have used it on occasion, I really don't think I needed to and suspect that it's less needed on the TTS than it was on the C4S. I think what makes the difference is that the TTs Aerokit front spoiler retracts (or CAN be retracted) and the C4S was fixed and could not be retracted.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:19 PM
medacus
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the lift and never use it. I used it all over the place when I first got it but then realized I didn't need to. I have PDCC as well on a regular turbo, I don't think you need it. Most people say it makes a difference only on track. I really can't tell the difference.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:49 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not hard to choose )))

Old 07-08-2017, 10:15 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi JS9527,

What percent tint did you put on your windows? Looks great.

John
Old 07-09-2017, 02:20 AM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Hi JS9527,

What percent tint did you put on your windows? Looks great.

John
Not a huge fan of very dark tint because I like to drive after sunset.
50% on side windows and 30% on rear windshield.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Two things: yes PDCC does help on track and I like it for hard cornering in general. Some people don't like it as it does take some of the feel out of the suspension, but I used to race and it feels more like a racing car with PDCC on.

Secondly, order the multifunction wheel and tick the 0-cost option box for heated seats. Just do it. Whoever ordered my car paid for the crests on my seats and didn't get the heating coils - it's a 0 dollar option and this is Canada. *shakes head* If you live in a hot area, get the ventilated seat and you get the heaters for free still. IMHO it's worth it and adds to the resale value.

Mine is white on red and I prefer the rear spoiler in white but that is 100% subjective. I like the headlight washers in original chrome over bodycolor, again subjective.

Oh, another thing: don't order the body-coloured keys. If you can get them in leather wrap, that's the way. The painted keys chip very easily and look like crap in no time.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
@js9527

Thanks guys - FYI, im in local to the GTA as well. Lots of white Turbos running around!

Wondering if I should go w/ the Graphite/Chalk interior.. (White/White)
Old 07-09-2017, 12:44 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

PDDC
- is always on.
- consists of active drop links (on the business end.)
- and is very noticeable on the street, more-so than the track, if you have local roads that are poorly maintained.

PDDC makes my Turbo much more useable in the Real World that obtains for me. If it was primarily a track toy I would probably not want PDDC.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:52 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Between those; 3,2 and then 1
Old 07-09-2017, 01:06 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Originally Posted by js9527
It's not hard to choose )))
Again, im from the GTA as well. Future meet! I will DM you
Old 07-09-2017, 01:48 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
Again, im from the GTA as well. Future meet! I will DM you
Pls
Old 07-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

To be honest, I probably would have ordered a light silver car with bordeaux interior by preference. Silver is a traditional Porsche colour and imho looks great. But white looks great too!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
To be honest, I probably would have ordered a light silver car with bordeaux interior by preference. Silver is a traditional Porsche colour and imho looks great. But white looks great too!

What do we all think of CHALK exterior? I have NOT seen it in person, and im not sure if its worth nearly 4k.

I do like to be different though! (Says the guy who likes white on red)

Quick Reply: Ordering 911 Turbo - Help w/ spec..