Sponsored by: Road Spy

Dealer Allocations and Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:25 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Allocations and Ordering

I was all set to go in and order a TT this weekend but, disappointingly, was told that I would have to wait until the next "allocation" was granted for the next quarter which I was told would not be for a "while" does anyone know exactly when dealers find out about their allocations??
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,204 Likes on 2,716 Posts

They should know very well when they expect their next allocation. They could always call their PCNA rep if they weren't sure. Of course, they may never get an allocation at all and will try to string you along.

Personally, I'd call around for existing allocations or floor models if your dealer is not being direct about it.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:27 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Thanks, i actually called around and the 3 dealers in my area said the same thing they only have TTs available in Q4, cant get an "extra" allocation now and wont know until next month what they have the opportunity to order for a while...
Old 06-13-2017, 10:26 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Just ordered my 18 Turbo. Dealer showed me that there were only 10 currently available (V200) allocations in the US right now that could be built. May have been just coupes though since that is what I was interested in. They had to do dealer trade to get me my car and stated that they did not have another Turbo allocation for near future as of now, just an S. I was a bit surprised, I had been waiting for a GT3 but am out probably a year on my pre-order so I decided to go Turbo. Didn't think it would be so difficult. Wonder if they are cutting back production. Might prop up residual prices if the remain so hard to get.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

can I ask what dealer you used? i am trying to find one with an allocation and I have called 5 now and they are all telling me no build slots...
Old 06-13-2017, 10:50 AM
baracat
Instructor

Originally Posted by FLLPorsche
can I ask what dealer you used? i am trying to find one with an allocation and I have called 5 now and they are all telling me no build slots...
Why not floor cars?
Old 06-13-2017, 11:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Originally Posted by FLLPorsche
Originally Posted by baracat
Why not floor cars?
Because when you spend ~200k on a car, you want it exactly the way you want it.

At least I know I would.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Originally Posted by KBS911
Just ordered my 18 Turbo. Dealer showed me that there were only 10 currently available (V200) allocations in the US right now that could be built. May have been just coupes though since that is what I was interested in. They had to do dealer trade to get me my car and stated that they did not have another Turbo allocation for near future as of now, just an S. I was a bit surprised, I had been waiting for a GT3 but am out probably a year on my pre-order so I decided to go Turbo. Didn't think it would be so difficult. Wonder if they are cutting back production. Might prop up residual prices if the remain so hard to get.
They are, at least compared to the 991.1 TT/TTS production volume.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:19 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
They are, at least compared to the 991.1 TT/TTS production volume.
And given the reputation of the turbo models for deprecation I don't think it's a bad thing. While some buyers have to wait a few months, supply isn't constrained so tightly that dealers are asking for buyers to wait a few years or pay extra just to secure an allocation.

If they continue, prices will firm up and in time residuals will follow.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocations and Ordering