Front axle lift system needed? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Front axle lift system needed?

Old 11-10-2018, 08:35 PM
lowpue
Addict
Rennlist Member

If I would have not bought preowned I would have ordered the lift...I have it on my lambo and had it on my 15 GT3. Makes me fearless to go anywhere. With that being said, the stock clearance on the turbo is pretty substantial so I have not had any issues yet. The only downside for me to not have one is I will not lower the car without a noselift even though I love the lowered look..... Can FAL be put in after the fact?
Old 11-10-2018, 10:35 PM
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad I don't have it on my TTS.........on my GT3 used it daily...same roads....one less thing to break....
Old 11-11-2018, 12:56 AM
bigrpowr
Addict
Rennlist Member

mine doesnt have it, but with retracting front spoiler its NEVER been an issue, even on my steep driveway . it was MUCH worse in my 997.1TT .
Old 11-11-2018, 12:56 AM
Gjon777
User

I ordered my 2018 991.2 TT so I ordered the lift system. Most driveways and speed bump are not a problem. If you have the aerokit, I would recommend getting it but if you are being used, it shouldn't stop you from getting a turbo because it didn't have the lift kit unless you have a steep driveway yourself.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:53 PM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

My 991.2 with aero kit has it and almost practically never needs it, and I live in a mountain area. Turbo is rather tall and the inflatable front splitter helps. But roads are good here (Vancouver). In California, for example, it would probably be more useful because some roads there are too crowned, so the gas station entrances are like trenches. So it really depends on where you live. If you live in a place with newer roads, it's likely not needed.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:50 PM
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turbo needs it less than my 997C2S with SPASM (lowered by 10mm). With the spoiler retracted its very high. i have never had the need for it. albeit have only owner it for 1 month Getting in/out of my driveway, i retract the front spoiler and no problem at all. i could even get out by angling with the front spoiler extended.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Tenko Nikolov
User

I guess it really depends on where you live. I live in a country where even the A roads are sometimes bad.. not to mention the B roads at all here. I also live in the mountain, on steep hills. I use the lifting on daily basis. I've never even scratched the front bumper, but the lifting gives me peace of mind.

Also, it lifts the car enough so you can go over some very high things. Good extra. Would totally recommend!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:03 PM
ChugsTurbo
User

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn View Post
Is the front axle lift needed on a 991.2 Turbo S for typical daily driver use -- parking lot speed bumps, driveways, etc.?

Does adding the Aero kit increase the need for the axle lift system?
not needed, I'm lowered on h and r springs and never have a problem
Old 11-14-2018, 09:36 PM
edkwon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn View Post
Thanks, I'll probably get it. Anyone know how a 991.2TT compares to a GT4 in terms of clearing driveways, etc.? I have a friend with a stock GT4 and he has a pretty hard time with my driveway....
The GT4 has a big fixed lip that sticks out and much less ground clearance than the stock ride height on a 911 TT, FYI.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:11 PM
sdg1871
User

Completely not needed. My 991.1 turbo s has been with me for four years and 31,000 miles and I've never needed a lift kit because the front spoiler deflates and folds up. And I live in New York. I have hit the front lip on my E 63S many times by comparison

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front axle lift system needed?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: