Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Exclusive Edition 991.2 Turbo S revealed....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by medici78
I love the agate grey color. I was actually on the fence (planned to color-change wrap) until the transporter dropped it off and fell in love instantly. Definitely an under-the-radar color but with personality.
Same here. When my wife said she wanted Agate Gray I thought she'd been replaced. When she ran out to buy her 981CS in AG I knew she'd been replaced. When I saw it in person I realized she was right.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:53 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I had the opportunity to spend the day today at PCNA for some driver’s experience, lunch and time with Exclusive and it’s USA manager. Ends up he was the one along with another woman from exclusive who designed the exclusive edition TTS and has full control of the allocations. They will NOT be allocated to any dealer, but rather individuals directly, through a dealer of their choice. The US will receive 126 units only. Anything’s possible I suppose but it appears the list is already complete. 🙁

he also said th saffron yellow is close in color and will be available for ordering for October. Many of the parts on the exclusive edition will be available in the coming year or two. The carbon fiber air intakes, etc but not the gold carbon weaved interior trim wheels may become available in similar form but the power kit- still undecided by Porsche. They believe what will happen with the power kit is probably that it will be made available towards the tail end of the 991.2 cycle just prior to the 992.

Thats all I got folks.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:37 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wassy
So I had the opportunity to spend the day today at PCNA for some driver’s experience, lunch and time with Exclusive and it’s USA manager. Ends up he was the one along with another woman from exclusive who designed the exclusive edition TTS and has full control of the allocations. They will NOT be allocated to any dealer, but rather individuals directly, through a dealer of their choice. The US will receive 126 units only. Anything’s possible I suppose but it appears the list is already complete. 🙁

he also said th saffron yellow is close in color and will be available for ordering for October. Many of the parts on the exclusive edition will be available in the coming year or two. The carbon fiber air intakes, etc but not the gold carbon weaved interior trim wheels may become available in similar form but the power kit- still undecided by Porsche. They believe what will happen with the power kit is probably that it will be made available towards the tail end of the 991.2 cycle just prior to the 992.

Thats all I got folks.
Soooo, just how do they allocate to an individual directly?
Seems like all the meaningful add ones will be available later making this edition rather meaningless?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
Seems like all the meaningful add ones will be available later making this edition rather meaningless?
Yup
Old 06-17-2017, 09:49 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dertub
that is my thought as well regarding the exclusiveness. I have no idea how they allocate or award. I may have used the wrong wording but the end result was that I got the very strong impression that PCNA has full control (mostly?) over who gets one. That may not be the case for other models or at all, but that’s what I was told.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:40 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This 991TTS ES is for people who demands higher craftmanship (besides its engineering), just like the 997 sport classic.

And yes, you could get all the ES or any other LE bits if you ordered them using its respective vin number, but it wont make yours SE nor LE.

IMO, this TTS ES worth the premium asked.
I've seen someone who paid cxx option for eur3800 just to have a pair of embroidered gts logo in lava orange on his full leathered seats (when you specs leather seat on 991 gts, default is hot stamped gts logo).
Old 06-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

It's simply marketing at it's very best.... if it makes you feel good, go for it.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of people said the same thing with sport classic that now they can only wish they owned.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:35 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,739 Likes on 4,765 Posts

Like I said elsewhere, if I was in the market for a turbo 911, it would most likely be the 991.2 TTS Exclusive Edition over the 991 GT2 RS.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:07 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a feeling in direct sunlight that color will work.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

COSC certified in-house(!) flyback chronograph. It took three years to design.

This looks like a quality piece and bringing an inhouse movement of this complexity and get it COSC certified is no small achievement. I'm more impressed by this than the car.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

^ who the hell needs a watch that is that accurate when everyone carries a cell phone. I'll stick to my Rolex, thanks.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
^ who the hell needs a watch that is that accurate when everyone carries a cell phone. I'll stick to my Rolex, thanks.
lol. Ironic, considering that Rolex is one of the few (if not only) manufacturers that plasters their COSC certification on the dial!

(I wear a Rolex, so I can clown them on this one)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
+1. Hell, I can barely read mine these days anyway!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Yeah me too, Sub Mariner Hulk (The Green One, LOL). Porsche Design has been so underwhelming most of their products look like Casios except they cost 3X what a Rolex costs.....puzzling.

Quick Reply: Exclusive Edition 991.2 Turbo S revealed....