Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Scheduled maintenance plan - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts
Default Scheduled maintenance plan - worth it?

When paying for my TTS I got an offer to get a scheduled maintenance plan with it. Typically, I do not buy any plans or insurances because it's cheaper for me to do it on my own (not myself, but via a shop).

But in this case I looked at the price and 4-year plan prices out to much lower than what I spent on 3 years of maintenance of a GT3, even when excluding track-related maintenance. Another benefit is that with the plan they take the car away and bring it back (and leave a loaner meanwhile). I live 45 minutes away from the dealer, so that's definitely a benefit vs. having to drive it there.

On the other hand, Turbos seem to not need as much maintenance as GT3s - I think it's an annual oil change, bi-annual brake fluid, and spark plugs every 3-4 years? Anything I'm missing? Anyway, for those who have these cars, how much would you total for 3-4 years of maintenance?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2017, 11:09 AM
medacus
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a TT cab and they offered me a deal for four services for about 4K. I've found on my previous 991 it was either 800 around for intermediate service and roughly 1200 for major every other year. Not cheap. I think it's probably cheaper to just have your Indy do it, but there is that comfort factor for some to have the dealer do everything. I'm still undecided as to whether or not to prepay. They are just locking you in to use their shop for a small discount.

Quick Reply: Scheduled maintenance plan - worth it?