Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

And another...
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM
Deckard
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks great Vetsky! Did you get the door jams done as well? Also, how did they handle the rear mechanism for stowing the roof?

Originally Posted by derf
i had techart springs on my 14 TTS, and liked the look better. It messed with ride quality too much though and we have pretty good roads where I live.

i had it put back to stock. I just didn't think the look was worth the driving experience but that is just me.
here is a pic of my car after/before.]
Wow, your car looks incredible. What rear diffuser is that? Did you have any issues with heat discoloration/damage?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:31 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

A new GT bumper or did you just cut the GT insert into your bumper? Either way it looks great on the TT as well!!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:02 PM
derf
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, your car looks incredible. What rear diffuser is that? Did you have any issues with heat discoloration/damage?[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Can't remember where I got it. Just remember looking for a carbon fiber one with a few longer fins which I like.

No problem with heat discoloration and I live in Vegas.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
A new GT bumper or did you just cut the GT insert into your bumper? Either way it looks great on the TT as well!!

It is the Techart cut-out style.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you like the Capristo sound?
Old 07-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Originally Posted by Cargt63
How do you like the Capristo sound?
It is just okay.

I love the ability to turn it on and off. When it is open it is VERY loud, but the pitch of the sound is like I said above just okay. With that being said. I'm not sure the other options from other companies sound any better.

As it gets broken it is getting better and better. Once I have a few thousand KM's on it I will write a full review.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vetsky
It is just okay.

I love the ability to turn it on and off. When it is open it is VERY loud, but the pitch of the sound is like I said above just okay. With that being said. I'm not sure the other options from other companies sound any better.

As it gets broken it is getting better and better. Once I have a few thousand KM's on it I will write a full review.
The valves open position is basically a straight pipe. I am not sure it sounds much different with a few thousand km on it. Unless the cats start sounding different after a while. I can see how it makes a difference with the valves closed position. the damping material gets fauled up and it will start to sound different.
Are my assumptions correct?

Btw, have a Turbo S on the way and was looking at the Capristo as well. I want a valved system because it will be my DD.
I heard the IPE has some droning. They sound fantastic on Ferraris though. Anyone some experience?
AKRA is very expensive and has a weird look. They must be doing something right though because they are the OEM manufacturer for the GT2RS exhaust. Porsche realized they did not have the titanium technology.
1st world problems....
Old 07-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Vetsky
Racer

The valves open position is basically a straight pipe. I am not sure it sounds much different with a few thousand km on it. Unless the cats start sounding different after a while. I can see how it makes a difference with the valves closed position. the damping material gets fauled up and it will start to sound different.
Are my assumptions correct?

Btw, have a Turbo S on the way and was looking at the Capristo as well. I want a valved system because it will be my DD.
I heard the IPE has some droning. They sound fantastic on Ferraris though. Anyone some experience?
AKRA is very expensive and has a weird look. They must be doing something right though because they are the OEM manufacturer for the GT2RS exhaust. Porsche realized they did not have the titanium technology.
1st world problems....
To be honest, I'm not sure. It maybe placebo but the more I drive the car the better the exhaust sounds (with the valves open). I also daily my turbo, and I'm VERY happy that I have the ability to adjust the valve manually. With the valves open the car drones REALLY bad at 3K RPM.

If I had to do it again I would get the same one.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Pic before the wrap.
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

To be honest, I'm not sure. It maybe placebo but the more I drive the car the better the exhaust sounds (with the valves open). I also daily my turbo, and I'm VERY happy that I have the ability to adjust the valve manually. With the valves open the car drones REALLY bad at 3K RPM.

If I had to do it again I would get the same one.
Pic before the wrap.
You know you can individually program at which back pressure the valves open in Cruise and Sport mode, right? If you have them open at the correct back pressure you should be able to avoid the drone at 3RPM, but still have theM open when you want them too. Best of both worlds. As far as I know no other valved exhaust lets you do that.
This is of course my theory. I have no means to test it.
Please keep us informed about you experience with the Capristo.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Vetsky
Racer

You know you can individually program at which back pressure the valves open in Cruise and Sport mode, right?
I did not know that. I will ask.

This is programmed through the car ECU or the exhaust system?

On the remote, there are four buttons. I thought all the settings were fixed.

1- Stock
2- Variable open. Meaning the valves open when a certain pressure is reached.
3- Blank
4- Always open.

More to follow.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

I did not know that. I will ask.

This is programmed through the car ECU or the exhaust system?

On the remote, there are four buttons. I thought all the settings were fixed.

1- Stock
2- Variable open. Meaning the valves open when a certain pressure is reached.
3- Blank
4- Always open.

More to follow.
This is the information I have concerning the control unit for your Capristo exhaust:
The exhaust valves are back pressure-controlled and user programmable. A built in limit prevents reaching dangerous pressure levels. There is a control unit for monitoring the back pressure.

This control unit provides the ability to individually program the back pressure one would like to have the valves open or close. The portion of back pressure resulting in a loss of performance is filtered out. This way, one can reach the maximum performance.

This sports exhaust combines all advantages in both the lower and higher range of revolutions (rpm), since the back pressure can be exactly controlled to enable the engine to gain the maximum performance. The programmable control unit features an illuminated display showing all functions in plain text in 3 different languages (German, English and Italian) and provides 3 basic modes to be operated via a remote control, namely:
  • Cruise mode - the exhaust gas valves open later
  • Sports mode - the exhaust gas valves open earlier
  • Open mode - the exhaust gas valves remain open

In both the cruise mode and sport mode, one can individually program when the exhaust gas valves shall open. One big advantage is that the control unit recognizes the driver's operation characteristics. If the driver accelerates aggressively, this is identified by our device by the kind of back pressure that is generated, and the exhaust gas valves open immediately. Usual acceleration results in a later opening of the exhaust gas valves.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

This is the information I have concerning the control unit for your Capristo exhaust:
The exhaust valves are back pressure-controlled and user programmable. A built in limit prevents reaching dangerous pressure levels. There is a control unit for monitoring the back pressure.

This control unit provides the ability to individually program the back pressure one would like to have the valves open or close. The portion of back pressure resulting in a loss of performance is filtered out. This way, one can reach the maximum performance.

This sports exhaust combines all advantages in both the lower and higher range of revolutions (rpm), since the back pressure can be exactly controlled to enable the engine to gain the maximum performance. The programmable control unit features an illuminated display showing all functions in plain text in 3 different languages (German, English and Italian) and provides 3 basic modes to be operated via a remote control, namely:
  • Cruise mode - the exhaust gas valves open later
  • Sports mode - the exhaust gas valves open earlier
  • Open mode - the exhaust gas valves remain open

In both the cruise mode and sport mode, one can individually program when the exhaust gas valves shall open. One big advantage is that the control unit recognizes the driver's operation characteristics. If the driver accelerates aggressively, this is identified by our device by the kind of back pressure that is generated, and the exhaust gas valves open immediately. Usual acceleration results in a later opening of the exhaust gas valves.
Here is the manual to program the exhaust. Let me know what you think.
http://www.capristo.de/upload/downloads/d_file_16.pdf
Cheers
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Thanks for all the info guys!

Quick Reply: Picked up my Daily Driver