Sponsored by: Road Spy

Question about Arizona radar & jammer laws

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 06:25 PM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about Arizona radar & jammer laws

Posted a comment on another thread with this question, but thought I'd ask the greater group the same question.

"Does anyone know the law in Arizona regarding the use or radar and jammers? Are both legal, radar only, etc.".

I live in SD, but spend alot of time in MN.

I have had K40's in all of our Porsches over the years. A couple of years ago, MN came down on the use of jammers....SD, for instance has not doen the same (and please no jokes about SD .

Ultimately, our new K40's were set up to jam for a short period of time while it alerted me to the laser hit (alowing me time to hit the breaks), but not so long that the officer knew he was getting jammed (or atleast by whom).

Bought a winter home in Phoenix area, asking "Does anyone know the laws in AZ?".
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sscofield
Posted a comment on another thread with this question, but thought I'd ask the greater group the same question.

"Does anyone know the law in Arizona regarding the use or radar and jammers? Are both legal, radar only, etc.".

I live in SD, but spend alot of time in MN.

I have had K40's in all of our Porsches over the years. A couple of years ago, MN came down on the use of jammers....SD, for instance has not doen the same (and please no jokes about SD .

Ultimately, our new K40's were set up to jam for a short period of time while it alerted me to the laser hit (alowing me time to hit the breaks), but not so long that the officer knew he was getting jammed (or atleast by whom).

Bought a winter home in Phoenix area, asking "Does anyone know the laws in AZ?".
I found this online. I don't know how accurate it is.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html

A lot of people use them anyway in California because a jammer ticket can be less serious than a speeding ticket.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:00 PM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks...very intersting web site info.

Quick Reply: Question about Arizona radar & jammer laws