Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   2018 exclusive pkgs change or are new? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/990080-2018-exclusive-pkgs-change-or-are-new.html)

wassy 05-12-2017 10:11 PM

2018 exclusive pkgs change or are new?

i had the lovely opportunity to speak many times with a Porsche exclusive rep in Atlanta. He mentioned that many of the packages for 18, including some colors such as chalk (for the turbos) are new. I know many of you did the contrast stitching pkgs in 17 and prior and I don't see why he's saying the inferior package with contrast for $2800 and the extended leather with contrast stitching are new.

My question which nobody at my dealer (yet) or exclusive could answer about technical details beside what shows in the configurator. Does the extended leather package with contrast for $3500 include actual extended leather or just more stitching ?that would make it a good deal if it included extended leather as well but expensive for just stitching.

Any other changes anyone know of? Lol

js9527 05-12-2017 11:13 PM

From my experience, i chose the full leather interior, and leather everywhere!

wassy 05-13-2017 11:59 AM

"Full leather" car comes with full leather and there isn't a single tick box for "full" leather.

DJ23 05-14-2017 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 14181093)
i had the lovely opportunity to speak many times with a Porsche exclusive rep in Atlanta. He mentioned that many of the packages for 18, including some colors such as chalk (for the turbos) are new. I know many of you did the contrast stitching pkgs in 17 and prior and I don't see why he's saying the inferior package with contrast for $2800 and the extended leather with contrast stitching are new.

My question which nobody at my dealer (yet) or exclusive could answer about technical details beside what shows in the configurator. Does the extended leather package with contrast for $3500 include actual extended leather or just more stitching ?that would make it a good deal if it included extended leather as well but expensive for just stitching.

I have a build slot available for the next 2018 Turbo S. My rep at Danbury Porsche is not sure if it will be late August, Fall or even later. But he has told me that the 2018 Turbo S will be a special limited edition at 600HP. There will only be 500 allocated for the U.S. He has not verified this yet, but he usually isn't too far off the mark. Ask your rep in Atlanta if he has heard similar promotions on the 2018 Turbo S. In the mean time I'm just waiting to see when the build slot is officially available. I will keep you posted if I can confirm anything new.

Jay

wassy 05-14-2017 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by DJ23 (Post 14184442)
I have a build slot available for the next 2018 Turbo S. My rep at Danbury Porsche is not sure if it will be late August, Fall or even later. But he has told me that the 2018 Turbo S will be a special limited edition at 600HP. There will only be 500 allocated for the U.S. He has not verified this yet, but he usually isn't too far off the mark. Ask your rep in Atlanta if he has heard similar promotions on the 2018 Turbo S. In the mean time I'm just waiting to see when the build slot is officially available. I will keep you posted if I can confirm anything new.

Jay

uh. That would be a ridiculously awesome surprise but something tells me he's about 20hp off the mark. Lol. Maybe they will offer a limited edition at some point in the year, especially as we approach the release of the 992, but Info is already on the Porsche configurator and technical info. Definitely let me know. And thanks.

DJ23 05-14-2017 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 14184551)
uh. That would be a ridiculously awesome surprise but something tells me he's about 20hp off the mark. Lol. Maybe they will offer a limited edition at some point in the year, especially as we approach the release of the 992, but Info is already on the Porsche configurator and technical info. Definitely let me know. And thanks.

This link from Total 911 seems to support my reps initial reports.

https://www.total911.com/exclusive-f...-mule-spotted/

Jay

ace37 05-15-2017 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by DJ23 (Post 14184711)
This link from Total 911 seems to support my reps initial reports.

https://www.total911.com/exclusive-f...-mule-spotted/

Jay

The article is speculating about the 992 turbo S, not the 991.2 turbo S. The 992 turbo S certainly won't be out in 2018. The 992 Carrera and Carrera S could be out in late 2018 as a 2019 model but I'd guess it will come in 2019 as a 2020 model. They could change things but the turbo models typically don't come the first year.

ace37 05-15-2017 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 14181093)

You might check the stickied exclusive thread in the 991 forum. They lay out what each leather option includes somewhere in there. It probably won't answer all of it but might get you started.

I did full stitching a la carte for my MY2017 build. It looks like they made it a package at about the same price as all of the individual options ordered a la carte. (So basically a package deal minus the deal part 😉)

ipse dixit 05-15-2017 12:23 AM

Jay

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 14184551)

I believe DJ23 is referring to the Limited Edition Turbo S that is going to be unveiled at Goodwood next month.

wassy 05-15-2017 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ace37 (Post 14184924)
You might check the stickied exclusive thread in the 991 forum. They lay out what each leather option includes somewhere in there. It probably won't answer all of it but might get you started.

I did full stitching a la carte for my MY2017 build. It looks like they made it a package at about the same price as all of the individual options ordered a la carte. (So basically a package deal minus the deal part 😉)

thanks, will look for thread.

wassy 05-15-2017 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ipse dixit (Post 14184943)
I believe DJ23 is referring to the Limited Edition Turbo S that is going to be unveiled at Goodwood next month.

thanks. Do you have any more info on it or even a google story? My search ends up empty handed.

wassy 05-15-2017 06:30 PM

Jay

Jay, you are correct sir! I have limits information but there will be a special edition and I'm told by friends at PCNA "good luck securing one". Lol. It will be not only expensive but I guess the 918 owners have first crack. That's all I know but your info is good intel. Thanks.

DJ23 05-16-2017 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 14186812)
Jay, you are correct sir! I have limits information but there will be a special edition and I'm told by friends at PCNA "good luck securing one". Lol. It will be not only expensive but I guess the 918 owners have first crack. That's all I know but your info is good intel. Thanks.

My rep has informed me that I do have a build slot for that limited edition at this moment. Most dealerships will only get one if that. Hope the price tag isn't too high.
Will have to see what the future brings.

Jay

wassy 05-16-2017 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by DJ23 (Post 14187611)
My rep has informed me that I do have a build slot for that limited edition at this moment. Most dealerships will only get one if that. Hope the price tag isn't too high.
Will have to see what the future brings.

Jay

nice rep or are you a 918 VIP? My dealer was unaware of the special edition.