991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Thanks to our great brakes...a near miss

Old 05-08-2017, 01:56 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Hey guys I don't dispute I was enjoying a nice spirited spring cruise (just got the car out of storage) in my Porsche...everyone who never drives over the limit please sit down !!

And I never dissed the other driver that made that daring turn...or even cursed them..

Again ..we all test the situation at times..sometimes making poor decisions ..right or wrong

I simply voiced my appreciation for how well the car reacted to the situation
I can't argue with any of the above, very glad the brakes and your reactions saved the day
Old 05-08-2017, 11:58 PM
PPFANBOY
User

Good work in avoiding the collision. The other driver was a moron!

I always slow down at intersections, don't trust other drivers. My dad always says "A green light isn't an insurance policy."
Old 05-09-2017, 12:04 AM
nicoff
User

I wonder what your Braking G force was... it may still stored.
I once encountered a stopped/stalled car on a highway. I was driving 70 mph and by the time I realized that the car was stopped I had to jump on the brakes and make an evasive maneuver. It was very close. I praised the brakes big time. I am certain that any other car would not have kept me safe. I think the G force was about 1.3 but going from memory here. Anyway, these cars are very well built. But one also has to be careful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks to our great brakes...a near miss

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: