Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Interior help... Espresso/Cognac? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/979800-interior-help-espresso-cognac.html)

Dan Sim 03-12-2017 07:14 PM

Interior help... Espresso/Cognac?

Need some others opinion's here.. I know this comes down to personal preference, but thought I'd ask anyway...

Lets say I've nailed down my color choice of it being either Carrara White or just plain White with the Aerokit in High Gloss Black..

BUT,

Im still stuck on the interior..

I LOVE red as I have full Garnet Red leather on my Macan and it's beautiful..
but im slightly unsure if I should go the same route (white/red) on the 911.

What do you think about the Expresso/Cognac interior? (minus the wood of course... no chance that's happening.

Here is a video with it:

Also, this one is really growing on me... Graphite Blue on Chalk. I think it looks fantastic... Here is a video (sorry only found it on a Cabrio)

Lastly and def most common is Bordeaux Red.. Ill toss up a video just because it's on a Carrara car as well. Red is my 'go to', but just wanted some other opinions

philg3 03-12-2017 08:25 PM

There are so many choices here and about a year ago when I was ordering mine it was a difficult decision. My three choices were similar to yours -- ended up with the Carrara White Metallic with Black / Bordeaux Red interior. Took delivery last November and am very happy with the combo. IMO, it's sportier than the other interior choices in addition to being a more classic combo. What I like about the Black / Bordeaux is that it's not an "in your face" bright cherry red look; it's a bit more subdued and refined look. It's great. The blue / chalk looks good, but says "Toyota" to me. The Expresso/Cognac is very nice, but more conservative than the Bordeaux. It's all personal preference.

Dennis C 03-13-2017 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love Espresso/Cognac, but get what you like. There's no bad choice here....

NVRANUF 03-13-2017 09:36 AM

I had Espresso/Cognac in my White '14 TT for 3 seasons. Loved it! It wore well for the 21,000kms I had the car.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...dee9e6ac21.jpg

I opted to change it up and ordered Black/Bordeaux for the incoming GT Silver Turbo.

Guess I like both choices! :p

stealthpilot 03-13-2017 10:20 AM

White looks better with Black/red. It is more crisp. It just works. Espresso/cognac looks less sharp with white. It is off.

There are exteriors with which espresso/cognac is the perfect interior: Mahogany (the brown and red undertones of Mahogany complement both espresso and cognac), Agate Grey (brown undertones in Agate Grey compliment the espresso), Carmine Red (not an obvious combo but it works) and Sapphire Blue (yellow undertones in cognac work well with sapphire)

sdg1871 03-13-2017 11:47 PM

Get black/red.

So much sportier than espresso/cognac

Need4S 03-14-2017 12:23 AM

I think a white car looks classy with espresso/cognac. To me, there are too many red surfaces in the Bordeaux interior. If you can get the red/black combo, it's less red and still sporty, and a tougher decision. Do you want more sporty or more classy?

sdg1871 03-14-2017 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Need4S
I think a white car looks classy with espresso/cognac. To me, there are too many red surfaces in the Bordeaux interior. If you can get the red/black combo, it's less red and still sporty, and a tougher decision. Do you want more sporty or more classy?

Yes I don't care for the all red interior I like the red and black combo

philg3 03-14-2017 12:33 PM

Black / Bordeaux is much better than all Bordeaux, as it's a more balanced look, no reflection on the windshield, and the black carpets look cleaner -- less maintenance. BTW, the Bordeaux stitching on the Black dash looks real nice.

Dan Sim 03-14-2017 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I go red, its DEF the black/bordeaux. I could never do the all red.

I just came across this pic... I can't believe this actually happened. IF I had to pick teh strangest combo I could, for a joke, this is probably what I'd come up with...

Miami Blue on Full Bordeaux Red with Yellow Seatbelts, Aluminum Trim and Aero Kit in high gloss black.

wow! I want to party with whoever spec'd that!

:eek:

john weires 03-14-2017 10:54 PM

I have an Espresso Cognac in a white 2012 Cayenne Turbo. I ordered it this way and I love it. I think it works great with most colors, gray's and silvers probably excepted, at least to me.

stealthpilot 03-14-2017 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Sim (Post 14031170)
If I go red, its DEF the black/bordeaux. I could never do the all red.

I just came across this pic... I can't believe this actually happened. IF I had to pick teh strangest combo I could, for a joke, this is probably what I'd come up with...

Miami Blue on Full Bordeaux Red with Yellow Seatbelts, Aluminum Trim and Aero Kit in high gloss black.

wow! I want to party with whoever spec'd that!

:eek:

There is a name for this color scheme. It's called the Superman color scheme.

Need4S 03-15-2017 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by stealthpilot (Post 14032583)
There is a name for this color scheme. It's called the Superman color scheme.

Better that name than another with a similar scheme.

omegaSMP300 09-17-2018 07:57 PM

Sorry, for bumping this but on a related question. How dirty does Cognac get? Is it as bad as Luxor beige with blue jeans and getting dye on it?

Thanks!

fjpdds 09-17-2018 08:01 PM

4 years on, 43,000 miles, still looks great.