Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Had new carbon fiber PDK shifter Knob and APR valves installed.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:17 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Had new carbon fiber PDK shifter **** and APR valves installed.

New PDK shifter **** from DB Carbon with Carrera White lettering.

I finally had something go right this spring. Today I had a new carbon fiber shift **** from DB Carbon installed along with 2 new APR Diverter Valves. Did oil change, filter, wheel alignment and tire balance as well. My initial impressions
where great. My favorite tech did a great job on the wheel alignment as my car literally stuck to the road as I drove home. Noticed an even improved deeper sound from my Europipe exhaust upon start up and accelerating out of the dealership with the new valves installed.. I had a half hour drive home so I tested the boost pressure and performance to see if there was any noticeable differences.

And I have to say for the few stretches that I was able to push the car when in sport mode she quickly achieved a boost level faster than I had before with the OEM valves. With a quick touch of the pedal, it was very easy to hit 10 PSI, and additionally ascend to
over boost levels towards 15 and 16 PSI with a proclivity and spirited run that I hadn't before . I was ready to test run in Sports Plus mode, but I couldn't go too much further, as I ran into slower traffic, and in an effort to keep things safe, I cut back on the RPM's and cruised home.

But I can definitely say that the APR valves gave me that efficiency of boost and performance that I was looking for. I can't wait until Friday when I have the APR tune for the 2018 TTS file installed, and give an even more in depth report. I'll obviously need more
seat time to give a more objective review. But for now my initial impressions were quite uplifting and positive for the return on my small modification. Until then I will get back to everyone as promised as I evaluate and review the APR tune. I'll make sure I have
enough safe road and time ahead of me to test run in Sport as well as Sport Plus mode. May be I'll even touch that Performance Button to unleash 20 seconds of my personal Le Mans. Who knows, but without question let me reiterate that safety is imperative. I drive Porsche's for their pedigree, performance and efficiency. That's why I do certain modifications. It's not about going fast. You can buy any car that will do that. I drive a Porsche because I fell in love with a Guards Red Turbo when I was as a kid, and today I relive that dream every time I turn that key and hear that flat six rubble to life.

Jay
Old 04-23-2020, 05:00 AM
lolo2102
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Good to know! let us know if after the tune you still recommand the APR valves! cheers
Old 04-23-2020, 03:45 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

The CF shifter looks great. Let us know how the performance goes.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:56 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 510 Posts

Shifter looks perfect.....should have been in all our cars from day one
Old 04-23-2020, 04:15 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks great, can't wait to hear of your experience with APR. I had them on an Audi S7, great product, just hated not having a solution I could load/unload at home.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:18 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Sweet Shifter! Had one in my other 991. DB Carbon makes some really awesome stuff that’s high quality! Let us know about the valves, I’m listening...
Old 04-23-2020, 06:26 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks great! Excited to hear about the APR tune! Your signature says Softronic - are you replacing that tune?
Old 04-23-2020, 07:39 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by the_buch
Looks great! Excited to hear about the APR tune! Your signature says Softronic - are you replacing that tune?
No. I had the Softronic Tune on my 997 Turbo which was fantastic by the way. My reason for choosing the APR tune is because of its reviews and research that has
been done making it more specific for the 991.2 TTS. I'll have to update my sig. Thanks for the reminder.

Jay
Old 04-23-2020, 08:35 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

That PDK shifter looks great.

Just took a gander at DB Carbon's site. Talk about a carbon fiber rabbit hole....
Old 04-23-2020, 09:20 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
That PDK shifter looks great.

Just took a gander at DB Carbon's site. Talk about a carbon fiber rabbit hole....
Take a look at their Carbon Fiber Wing, I bought it from them and it truly is a piece of art!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had new carbon fiber PDK shifter Knob and APR valves installed.