Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

The 991 Turbo Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 03:13 PM
CrazyFast
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2018 TTS is chalk as well - really LOVE the color. Enjoy the car once you get it for good!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 114 Posts
Default New to me ‘17 Turbo S

Made the switch over from a Z06 and loving it!

Old 12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by NightBlueTTS
Made the switch over from a Z06 and loving it!

What a major difference between the two huh? What's something that is clearly superior on this car and what is something that you miss from the 'Vette that this doesn't have?

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

For me there are three main benefits to the TTS:

1. Much more usable and “focused” power. The Z06 was more visceral (it certainly had a wonderful exhaust note), but it requires you to be dialed in to tap into the power. The RWD vs AWD and front weight bias made it a handful especially when accelerating quickly. Not to mention that the rear caster had to be set near perfectly in order to not have the rear trying to wrestle itself away from you.

2. The fit and finish of my TTS feels like a luxury car that’s married to a supercar. While the Vette is much improved over prior generations, the quality of the pcar is superior.

3. It overall more practical for my situation: I have small children that I can now drive in my car while still having a car that will be fun at the track.

And while I will miss the aggressive styling and superb value of the Corvette, I don’t think I’m really giving up any performance. And I also like that I’m not telegraphing to the world when I’m getting on the accelerator in the TTS the way that the Vette would. (My wife would hear me coming from a couple blocks away).

And while from a dollars and cents perspective the Vette offers a wonderful value proposition, the TTS offers me a greater overall value that makes it worth the trade off (not to mention that it’s been a halo car for me since childhood).

Hope this helps..I still very much appreciate the Vette and am willing to share further if helpful
Old 12-03-2018, 06:44 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

1. Much more usable and “focused” power. The Z06 was more visceral (it certainly had a wonderful exhaust note), but it requires you to be dialed in to tap into the power. The RWD vs AWD and front weight bias made it a handful especially when accelerating quickly. Not to mention that the rear caster had to be set near perfectly in order to not have the rear trying to wrestle itself away from you.

2. The fit and finish of my TTS feels like a luxury car that’s married to a supercar. While the Vette is much improved over prior generations, the quality of the pcar is superior.

3. It overall more practical for my situation: I have small children that I can now drive in my car while still having a car that will be fun at the track.

And while I will miss the aggressive styling and superb value of the Corvette, I don’t think I’m really giving up any performance. And I also like that I’m not telegraphing to the world when I’m getting on the accelerator in the TTS the way that the Vette would. (My wife would hear me coming from a couple blocks away).

And while from a dollars and cents perspective the Vette offers a wonderful value proposition, the TTS offers me a greater overall value that makes it worth the trade off (not to mention that it’s been a halo car for me since childhood).

Hope this helps..I still very much appreciate the Vette and am willing to share further if helpful
Thank you so much for your thoughts. You're going to learn a lot here on the forums and hopefully make some friends along the way as well. If you need anything in the future make sure you give me a shout. I've got plenty of fun stuff for your new ride.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:57 AM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

I made the Exact Same move - 2017 Z06 Convertible triple black to 2018 Turbo. I share some of your points. Especially about how amazing the Z06 exhaust note is and how the car is a straight up bargain for the price. I miss the Z06.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by triplekg
I made the Exact Same move - 2017 Z06 Convertible triple black to 2018 Turbo. I share some of your points. Especially about how amazing the Z06 exhaust note is and how the car is a straight up bargain for the price. I miss the Z06.
While the 991 Turbo will never have the sound of that American V8 we can improve the sound on the Turbo by quite a large margin. iPE's performance exhaust comes to mind -
The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (08-28-2019)
Old 12-04-2018, 03:33 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Finally got my plate switched over. Loving the TTS!

Last edited by NightBlueTTS; 12-08-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:48 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

...wait, where is turbo?
here it is
Old 12-07-2018, 02:17 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Nice pic Papa. Is that blue? Almost looks black.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

It's dark blue metallic (DBM)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Old 12-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
I moved from C6 ZR1 to a 991.1 TT. I miss the ZR1. In torch red it was a head turner. However, I love the 911.1 more. Much more refined and more driveable on an every day basis.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim991

I moved from C6 ZR1 to a 991.1 TT. I miss the ZR1. In torch red it was a head turner. However, I love the 911.1 more. Much more refined and more driveable on an every day basis.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s funny to say out loud, but on top of just being a wonderful car, for me the 911 is just more practical
Old 12-13-2018, 08:17 AM
jktag
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who makes the front splitter on the car?

Quick Reply: The 991 Turbo Picture Thread