Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo S - Center Grill or Not??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 06:58 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zunsport 01
The Zunsport Promotion Code for all Rennlist members is: RL112015.
When you get the Check Out on our website you will prompted to enter this in the appropriate box.
We think that you will have made the right choice in buying a Zunsport grille. If, for any reason, you do not think so then let us know.
Does zunsport make a grill for 991.2 turbo s without ACC hole?.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

As recent posts reflect, I learned the hard way -- pebble zapped the A/C condenser. My Zunsport just arrived today.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I added the Rennline grilles when I had the cover off for laser jammers/radar detectors but raises the question..would insurance like collision or all perils cover repairs (net deductible of course) but if you sustained damage from an impact that damaged your condensor(s) or even say if you needed a headlight replaced...that could amount to +1K..
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Rennline will have theirs really soon. I'm test fitting a set for them this weekend. If the fitment is correct, then I think they will be ready to start selling pretty soon after that.

Zunsport only has the grille for models with ACC.

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Does zunsport make a grill for 991.2 turbo s without ACC hole?.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know know how the materials of the Rennline and Zunsport compare to the material Porsche uses on the GT3 grills?

Originally Posted by JW1
Rennline will have theirs really soon. I'm test fitting a set for them this weekend. If the fitment is correct, then I think they will be ready to start selling pretty soon after that.

Zunsport only has the grille for models with ACC.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:00 PM
JW1
Racer

I believe the Rennline grille looks more like the grille used on the GT3. Zunsport's grille has thicker wires.

Originally Posted by Super_K
Does anyone know know how the materials of the Rennline and Zunsport compare to the material Porsche uses on the GT3 grills?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:33 AM
hami
Instructor

So, I put my Zunsport grills on my 991.2 TT but only managed to get the center piece on and the top outside on both sides. Every time I tried to install the bottom piece on each side with the clips I drop it behind in to the scoop well and then eventually managed to lose both of them behind the bumper. The quality and build seems good and the delivery service was excellent given they came from the UK, 3 days to California.

I've asked to send me more clips so that I can have another go!! :-) Hopefully with better luck, any one has any suggestion given I have big hands how to do that I'd appreciate it?

Also if anyone knows where I can get those clips in the US_ California that would also be helpful.

Has anyone had these grills on for a length of time, do they stay on would wonder if you go over bumps of pot holes if you'd leave them behind. I guess I'll find out shortly, the center piece is screwed in so I can't imagine they will go far but the side pieces which are held on by brackets they could certainly get disloged.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:23 AM
zunsport 01
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S

Originally Posted by hami
So, I put my Zunsport grills on my 991.2 TT but only managed to get the center piece on and the top outside on both sides. Every time I tried to install the bottom piece on each side with the clips I drop it behind in to the scoop well and then eventually managed to lose both of them behind the bumper. The quality and build seems good and the delivery service was excellent given they came from the UK, 3 days to California.

I've asked to send me more clips so that I can have another go!! :-) Hopefully with better luck, any one has any suggestion given I have big hands how to do that I'd appreciate it?

Also if anyone knows where I can get those clips in the US_ California that would also be helpful.

Has anyone had these grills on for a length of time, do they stay on would wonder if you go over bumps of pot holes if you'd leave them behind. I guess I'll find out shortly, the center piece is screwed in so I can't imagine they will go far but the side pieces which are held on by brackets they could certainly get disloged.
Hi.

Your clips are on their way. The Pony Express should get them to you just as quickly as the grilles.

For fitting have a look at:
https://www.zunsport.com/zunsport-fitting-service

This might help you with the fitting. If not let us know and we'll help you overcome your problem.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 423 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TAH 22A
After seeing the Rennline install vid I'm glad I did ZunSport. Super easy and really do look factory.
WOW, those Zunsport grills really are front end look changer, compared to my Rennline grills.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:40 PM
JW1
Racer

Quality is top notch. I'm glad that we have two great choices for our cars between Zunsport and Rennline.

Originally Posted by Karl911
WOW, those Zunsport grills really are front end look changer, compared to my Rennline grills.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Just to update everyone we have the grills for the 991.2 Turbo and GTS available for order on the site!

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Radiator-Protection-Grill-Screens/productinfo/E1000/

Old 09-26-2017, 01:31 PM
997 tts
4th Gear

Need center grill for Turbo with ACC cutout.
Don't really want to have to cut grill after purchase!
I think most Turbo/S have ACC...
Old 09-30-2017, 07:16 PM
hami
Instructor

Still waiting for the ZunSports clips to complete the install!! I can't believe slow mail take more than week to deliver from the UK, or perhaps lost! I've asked Zunsports to send a set to my family the UK as they are coming over next Friday perhaps the Royal Mail can get it to them more promptly and before they leave next Friday.
Can I get hold of these clips in the US?

Picture below looking good so far!! Can't wait until it's complete.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:31 AM
bommerts
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered the zunsport. Great thread and pics. Thanks all.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 AM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thread. Just picked up my Turbo S yesterday. Gotta get some Zunsports!

Quick Reply: Turbo S - Center Grill or Not??