Sponsored by: Road Spy

Europipe vs. Kline - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:57 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts
Question Europipe vs. Kline - Thoughts?

I know this has been hashed and rehashed.... and even re-rehashed, but I'm curious if there's any new revelations between these two top dogs in the AM exhaust world by actual owners - perhaps even by those fortunate enough to have first hand experience owning both!!?

Anyway bear with me, it's winter up here in Canada...

Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Slate997TT
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the europipe at one point...now have the inconel catless kline.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Dr. Vader
Instructor

I currently have the Europipe exhaust; it is a little quiet. BUT Possibly the best sounding exhaust in my opinion.

No drone, no unwanted noise, just bliss
Old 02-13-2017, 03:46 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

After conversing with both Sam and Stef and also reading countless positive endorsements/reports on both Kline and Europipe, I could have flipped a coin.....

In the end I went with the Europipe system.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
After conversing with both Sam and Stef and also reading countless positive endorsements/reports on both Kline and Europipe, I could have flipped a coin.....

In the end I went with the Europipe system.

I'll be anxious to hear it Peter. I have never had the nerve to install one...tried a BBI x pipe on my 2010 Turbo Cab and it almost drove me ******. Not a fault of the pipe - just hit an audible range that didn't agree with my psyche. Just installed some Eibach springs lat week so looking forward to seeing if that was the right move. Looks pretty cool though I must admit.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:43 PM
kart driver
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts

Several questions on two options:
- Kline
- Europipe

1) Is Europipe louder than stock exhaust on 911.1 turbo s?
2) Does Europipe has any drone or any unpleasent side effects when driving long distance?
3) When you tune the engine with cobb or GIAC will the Europipe high flow cat significantly killing the power increase from the tune?

The reason why I ask is I was originally thinking on Kline catless option but realized that a 1000 km travel may be quite uncomfortable having drone etc.

What is you experience on the above?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I have Kline inconel catless..purchased from Sam By Design

There is ZERO drone and I find it actually quieter than the stock until you get on it...then it really snarls...overall I am perfectly satisfied..fit and finish very nice and weight saving substantial..and zero noticeable odors
Old 02-15-2017, 10:27 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I'll be anxious to hear it Peter. I have never had the nerve to install one...tried a BBI x pipe on my 2010 Turbo Cab and it almost drove me ******. Not a fault of the pipe - just hit an audible range that didn't agree with my psyche. Just installed some Eibach springs lat week so looking forward to seeing if that was the right move. Looks pretty cool though I must admit.
You are welcome to have a listen anytime, I'd like to see how your car sits with Eibachs! Could do a side by side.. sound and sight comparo!

Do love the look of lower.. I dropped my GT3 using Intrax 4 way adjustable suspension, only to find my everyday driving pleasure went out the window, while the gain in track performance was on point!! Admitted it's a bit apples to oranges, Eibach to Intrax.

Re; Exhaust, my experience was different. On the 991.1 TT stock exhaust I "suffered" from an annoying drone at Hwy speeds. It was eliminated with a simple Sharkwerks exhaust. On this car I want to hear more turbo spool, which I found Sharkwerks did not offer much of, likely because of stock cats.

Originally Posted by kart driver
Several questions on two options:
- Kline
- Europipe

1) Is Europipe louder than stock exhaust on 911.1 turbo s?
2) Does Europipe has any drone or any unpleasent side effects when driving long distance?
3) When you tune the engine with cobb or GIAC will the Europipe high flow cat significantly killing the power increase from the tune?

The reason why I ask is I was originally thinking on Kline catless option but realized that a 1000 km travel may be quite uncomfortable having drone etc.

What is you experience on the above?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Sorry, my car is still 2.5 months out. I bought Europipe on faith provided by many posts supporting the product and the folks who make it.

Originally Posted by Nanook
I have Kline inconel catless..purchased from Sam By Design

There is ZERO drone and I find it actually quieter than the stock until you get on it...then it really snarls...overall I am perfectly satisfied..fit and finish very nice and weight saving substantial..and zero noticeable odors
Not interested in ever going cat-less so the modular aspect of Kline held no appeal and actually tipped me towards the one-piece Europipe. Both Stef (Europipe) and Sam (Kline) are great guys to work with. If/when I decide to add to tune my 991.2, I have full confidence Sam will take care of me!

Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Happy for you Peter and cheers. It's a stressful place to be not knowing which direction to go but now you can finally enjoy your car with the exhaust system that works for you. Congratulations and I'm here for anything you might need!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM
95mmrenegade
AutoX

I have spent a few weeks looking at all of the options available and I keep coming back to the Kline setup. IMO its how a german car should sound.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:20 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95mmrenegade
I have spent a few weeks looking at all of the options available and I keep coming back to the Kline setup. IMO its how a german car should sound.
Cool, I did the very same thing with one exception..... I came to a different opinion.

Like I've said, flip a coin... both are great systems.

Last edited by NVRANUF; 02-16-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Europipe vs. Kline - Thoughts?