Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2017 991.2 TTS Center lock Wheels... Sell or Keep?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Personally, the TTS wheels are the nicest wheels I've ever owned - or seen. They are perfect IMHO.

If I was tracking the car (more), then I'd probably get some beaters, but IMHO the only reason I'd change these out is if there were a lot of them in the city and I wanted to stand out. As I don't care about any of that, I love the originals.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:45 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Personally, the TTS wheels are the nicest wheels I've ever owned - or seen. They are perfect IMHO.

If I was tracking the car (more), then I'd probably get some beaters, but IMHO the only reason I'd change these out is if there were a lot of them in the city and I wanted to stand out. As I don't care about any of that, I love the originals.
Agree 100%.

Plus
1) I've rear several threads of people bending 21" HRE wheels over the years.
2) it makes the car less stable in street driving where a bump on the road could destabilize the car on a corner

These things not an issue for everyone, but they explain why most people prefer buying cars with OEM wheels.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up keeping the original wheels and tires. I found a nice wall rack for our garage and they are totally out of our way.

The 21's have been notorious for back order so I see the stock 20's as a solid "Plan C" if I don't have a replacement tire and can't find one. In this case, I can swap the whole set back to stock while I wait.

You are probably wondering what happened to "Plan B"?... Well, I ordered an extra set of the 21's so I have my own replacement if the dealer can't get them soon enough. These are also in my garage, but not shown in the pic. My wife thinks I'm nuts... Perhaps she is right!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911

I ended up keeping the original wheels and tires. I found a nice wall rack for our garage and they are totally out of our way.

The 21's have been notorious for back order so I see the stock 20's as a solid "Plan C" if I don't have a replacement tire and can't find one. In this case, I can swap the whole set back to stock while I wait.

You are probably wondering what happened to "Plan B"?... Well, I ordered an extra set of the 21's so I have my own replacement if the dealer can't get them soon enough. These are also in my garage, but not shown in the pic. My wife thinks I'm nuts... Perhaps she is right!
That's pretty awesome. And you are nuts, but I love it.

Also the wall mount for the wheels creates an awesome piece of garage art. Can you shoot a wife pic which shows both sets of wheels on the wall?

Last edited by stealthpilot; 05-24-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:49 AM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Good call. I always keep my stocks in case I have to trade into a dealer. The last time I sold a car I got lucky the buyer wanted it as-is, but that was the exception not the rule. 9 out of 10 times the next buyer or dealer will prefer it 100% stock.

Quick Reply: 2017 991.2 TTS Center lock Wheels... Sell or Keep?