Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Tfk
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargt63
Two wheels 9 x 20 ET52 10.01.0604
Two wheels 11.5 x 20 ET54 10.01.8860

That's just Perfect.
Thank you so much for your contribution; this is Exactly what I was looking for.
The 9/11.5x20 are just right for the car!

...Ordering a set immediately

By the way, the drop looks nice. Which springs are you running?
I think Techart/GMG might be too low for me. KW HAS spring rates too stiff. Eibach lowers the front more than the rear.
Anyone know if the OEM Carrera GTS springs would work on the 991tts?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

HRE makes fine designer wheels. BBS makes finely engineered wheels. I'd always go BBS.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

By the way, does BBS make a magnesium wheel for the Turbo?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tfk
That's just Perfect.
Thank you so much for your contribution; this is Exactly what I was looking for.
The 9/11.5x20 are just right for the car!

...Ordering a set immediately

By the way, the drop looks nice. Which springs are you running?
I think Techart/GMG might be too low for me. KW HAS spring rates too stiff. Eibach lowers the front more than the rear.
Anyone know if the OEM Carrera GTS springs would work on the 991tts?
I have the OEM springs. I would suggest you reconsider a drop with aftermarket springs. Mine - as you see - looks allright. I track the car (hence the FI-R with PS 2 Cup), but my dealer increased camber. Maxed out in the rear, and still some room left in the front. We used GT3 Cup Control arms in the front. We tried GT3 control arms first, but they did not work. This way you have the OEM chassis geometry instead of an artificial drop with aftermarket springs.
It seems to me you are doing your homework and do not settle for a compromise. If you do want a drop below what I have, opt for a complete swap (springs AND struts) or keep things OEM and change what matters (camber). In my opinion, lowering springs are for boulevard cruisers and more an optical thing. Bottomline: all or nothing. Springs only is half baked (sorry my opinion, do not want to offend anyone with lowering springs).
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
By the way, does BBS make a magnesium wheel for the Turbo?
I do not believe they do. You can probably fit one of te GT wheels but it is a compromise. But why fit ultralight ueber wheels on a fat Turbo? i suggest you buy the FI-R and remove the rear seats much cheaper and same weight savings. Or order the car without a the sun roof.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:15 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
HRE makes fine designer wheels. BBS makes finely engineered wheels. I'd always go BBS.
Yes, exactly my opinion. I am sure HRE is a reputable, competent company. But BBS is the benchmark.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:53 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

The 991 Turbo and 991 GT3 use the same wheel fitment range. This means that wheels correctly built for one are interchangeable with the other. Some people like AWD forced induction cars & some people like naturally aspirated RWD cars the same way some people like a wider + more flush sitting 12" wide wheel & some people like OEM spec 11.5" that sit in. There is no wrong & right in these 4 examples only preferences.

Most of the 991 Turbo customers I have worked with over the years want a 12" wide wheel so that a 325 tire can fit the wheel better than it would on an 11.5".

With that said I can also have HRE build the R101 Lightweights in 11.5" OEM spec if a customer demanded it.

BBS makes a 20x9 || 20x12 Magnesium wheel fitment that works all the same across the GT3, Turbo, & centerlock equipped GTS'. That information can be seen here on our BBS Magnesium Wheel Guide - https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-boutique.html

I will be more than happy to help anyone here order HRE R101 LW, BBS FI-R's, BBS Magnesium wheels, or any other.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,347 Likes on 792 Posts

May last year, I had SupremePower (Eric Nareshni) order a set of FI-R for my 991.2 TTS. Until then, everyone was using the GT3 FI-R for their Turbo. Those offsets just are not correct. And why use the GT3 version when BBS has a version developed especially for the Turbo? Anyway, mine were the first Turbo FI-Rs for the TTS in the USA. I considered HRE, but why settle for a Corvette if you can buy Porsche?
This is what I ordered:
See attached picture.
Looks great! Any more pics? Would love to see them. Thank you for your business! We appreciate it very much.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by WheelsB
The 991 Turbo and 991 GT3 use the same wheel fitment range. This means that wheels correctly built for one are interchangeable with the other. Some people like AWD forced induction cars & some people like naturally aspirated RWD cars the same way some people like a wider + more flush sitting 12" wide wheel & some people like OEM spec 11.5" that sit in. There is no wrong & right in these 4 examples only preferences.

Most of the 991 Turbo customers I have worked with over the years want a 12" wide wheel so that a 325 tire can fit the wheel better than it would on an 11.5".

With that said I can also have HRE build the R101 Lightweights in 11.5" OEM spec if a customer demanded it.

BBS makes a 20x9 || 20x12 Magnesium wheel fitment that works all the same across the GT3, Turbo, & centerlock equipped GTS'. That information can be seen here on our BBS Magnesium Wheel Guide - https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-boutique.html

I will be more than happy to help anyone here order HRE R101 LW, BBS FI-R's, BBS Magnesium wheels, or any other.
David is of course correct that it does fit, but his statement is deceiving. The offsets for the GT3 BBS FI-R and Turbo BBS FI-R wheels are different and not interchangeable from an engineering perspective. They are different for technical reasons. Not just "because of different looks". But if you are a more serious driver, please make sure that if you change track width on the rear axle you have to do the same on the front axle.. This is actually quite a bit with the GT3 setup, because you not only add 0.5 inch on each side - which is ok - with the wheels, but worse, you add several inches with the different offset. You cannot do the same in the front with the GT3 wheels. Even if you use spacers (which you shouldn't) you don't quite get there. Also, if you use wider tires (such as the 325 tites mentioned) in the rear, also increase the front tire width. The last thing you want when you drive your car on the limit, is to adversily affect the balance of the car. And if you do both, as apparaently some owners did if I understand David correctly, you really star messing things up. Yes, modern Porsches have very sophisticated nanny systems but they assume an OEM balance. Please do not mess with something that took Porsche millions of mile to fine tune. Looks are not everything. If you are a boulevard cruiser, by all means use lowering springs and "flush sitting" wheels. You will be the hero at the local Cars & Coffee and never notice the difference.
But if you do want to change the looks and do not want to upset the balance by all means choose HRE. Then you can tailor width and offsets correctly. I am happy to help anyone who does not understand offsets. Just send me a PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:29 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

David is of course correct that it does fit, but his statement is deceiving. The offsets for the GT3 BBS FI-R and Turbo BBS FI-R wheels are different and not interchangeable from an engineering perspective. They are different for technical reasons. Not just "because of different looks". But if you are a more serious driver, please make sure that if you change track width on the rear axle you have to do the same on the front axle.. This is actually quite a bit with the GT3 setup, because you not only add 0.5 inch on each side - which is ok - with the wheels, but worse, you add several inches with the different offset. You cannot do the same in the front with the GT3 wheels. Even if you use spacers (which you shouldn't) you don't quite get there. Also, if you use wider tires (such as the 325 tites mentioned) in the rear, also increase the front tire width. The last thing you want when you drive your car on the limit, is to adversily affect the balance of the car. And if you do both, as apparaently some owners did if I understand David correctly, you really star messing things up. Yes, modern Porsches have very sophisticated nanny systems but they assume an OEM balance. Please do not mess with something that took Porsche millions of mile to fine tune. Looks are not everything. If you are a boulevard cruiser, by all means use lowering springs and "flush sitting" wheels. You will be the hero at the local Cars & Coffee and never notice the difference.
I understand your points. To continue my theme in my last response - some Porsche owners like to track their cars, some Porsche owners like to cruise the boulevards. Some Porsche owners don't want to divert too much from the decisions Porsche engineers make & some Porsche owners are open to making changes in search for improvements. There is no wrong or right way to own a car.
The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (09-12-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I've tracked the HELL out of my HRE P101 CL wheels over the past 5 years. They have been exemplary, and I will be purchasing a new set soon for the GT2 RS. Any changes to the tire sizes and compounds has been easy and additive to track time improvements, and 265/325 Cup2 tires fit beautifully and rub-free. Any nuanced changes in grip balance have been easily leveled out with tire pressure adjustments.

BBS is probably also very good. The difference for me is the addition of Jurrian @ HRE and WB and several other distributors that seem to be far more knowledgeable and available to answer questions I had, and follow up quickly to emails. I don't ever recall BBS reps on these forums, but Jurrian has emailed me many times over the years to work out questions. We are arguing over preferences and gut impressions in this thread, not facts.

(BTW, I have a suspicion that there will be a set of HRE P101's in the marketplace in the next week or so. 9x20, 11.5x20 in brushed clear with no road rash whatsoever.)
Old 02-14-2019, 02:55 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
I've tracked the HELL out of my HRE P101 CL wheels over the past 5 years. They have been exemplary, and I will be purchasing a new set soon for the GT2 RS. Any changes to the tire sizes and compounds has been easy and additive to track time improvements, and 265/325 Cup2 tires fit beautifully and rub-free. Any nuanced changes in grip balance have been easily leveled out with tire pressure adjustments.

BBS is probably also very good. The difference for me is the addition of Jurrian @ HRE and WB and several other distributors that seem to be far more knowledgeable and available to answer questions I had, and follow up quickly to emails. I don't ever recall BBS reps on these forums, but Jurrian has emailed me many times over the years to work out questions. We are arguing over preferences and gut impressions in this thread, not facts.

(BTW, I have a suspicion that there will be a set of HRE P101's in the marketplace in the next week or so. 9x20, 11.5x20 in brushed clear with no road rash whatsoever.)
Nothing better than hearing it from you guys! 5 years on a set of P101's for track use is an awesome testament to our quality and durability. Always happy to help and ensure our HRE owners are more than satisfied, thanks for the kind words

Once you're ready to get set up with that GT2 RS let me know and we'll go over some options! Luckily we've already got a few GT2 RS' set up with our wheels already to see what looks good.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:35 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

May last year, I had SupremePower (Eric Nareshni) order a set of FI-R for my 991.2 TTS. Until then, everyone was using the GT3 FI-R for their Turbo. Those offsets just are not correct. And why use the GT3 version when BBS has a version developed especially for the Turbo? Anyway, mine were the first Turbo FI-Rs for the TTS in the USA. I considered HRE, but why settle for a Corvette if you can buy Porsche?
This is what I ordered:
See attached picture.
Can you please let me know if BBS FI-R, have more clearance between PCCB and wheel comparing to stock wheels?
Have you Experience any problem about stone chip between PCCB calipers and wheels?

Thank you.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:46 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I'd have to say comparing HRE and BBS is like comparing Porsche and Ferrari. Different but both excellent.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

I am afraid I can't tell you. I use the BBS as my summer wheels and currently have stock wheels on the car with winter tires. I would have to remove the wheel to know exactly. Since the stock wheels are manufactured by BBS as well, I would not be surprices if the inside diameter is exactly the same.
I have to think about a way to exactly measure the inside diameter of both wheels.

Quick Reply: New BBS FI-R for 991 Turbo