New BBS FI-R for 991 Turbo - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

New BBS FI-R for 991 Turbo

 
Old 04-24-2018, 08:21 PM
  #61  
Gsin
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Default

Sorry for the lousy iPhone pics.
Just got my new wheels/tires.
BBS fi-r and Techart springs.
Ride is very close to stock.


Thanks to all of you that posted pics previously.
It helped tremendously!
And thanks to Eric, Supremepower!
Attached Images    
Gsin is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 10:09 PM
  #62  
Need4S
User
 
Need4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 953
Default

Looks amazing. These should have been fitted as OEM!
Need4S is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 AM
  #63  
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
SupremePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 829
Default

Originally Posted by Gsin View Post
Sorry for the lousy iPhone pics.
Just got my new wheels/tires.
BBS fi-r and Techart springs.
Ride is very close to stock.


Thanks to all of you that posted pics previously.
It helped tremendously!
And thanks to Eric, Supremepower!
Thank you! Glad everything came out to your satisfaction!
__________________
SupremePOWER
1562 Kimberly Ave
Fullerton CA 92831


Supreme Power Inc.
[email protected]
(714)632-1951 ext225


Sales, service and installation of BBS Street & Motorsport products
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on.
Highest Volume Independent Distributor of BBS Wheels 2015 & 2016 & 2017 & 2018
Professional installation of all products.


Follow us on Instagram:
https://instagram.com/supremepower/
https://instagram.com/supremepowerinc/


SupremePower is online now  
Old 05-04-2018, 04:46 PM
  #64  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Guys,

I finally had these wheels installed on my 2018 Turbo S today. They look great (pictures to come after I wash the girl). But, the wheels appear to be a different offset than the factory wheels. Maybe it's just me though.

Can someone please confirm that these are the stock sizes/offsets please?

Front = 9 x 20, ET 52
Rear = 12 x 20, ET 44

Thank you!
JSA is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 03:42 AM
  #65  
Need4S
User
 
Need4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 953
Default

Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Guys,

I finally had these wheels installed on my 2018 Turbo S today. They look great (pictures to come after I wash the girl). But, the wheels appear to be a different offset than the factory wheels. Maybe it's just me though.

Can someone please confirm that these are the stock sizes/offsets please?

Front = 9 x 20, ET 52
Rear = 12 x 20, ET 44

Thank you!
2018 991.2 spec I read was 9x20 RO 51 and 11.5x20 RO 56. Same for 991.1. The BBS F1-Rs do stick out a bit more, filling the wheel wells better.
Need4S is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:56 PM
  #66  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by Need4S View Post

2018 991.2 spec I read was 9x20 RO 51 and 11.5x20 RO 56. Same for 991.1. The BBS F1-Rs do stick out a bit more, filling the wheel wells better.

Am I correct in assuming the front change is 1mm further in, and the rear is 12mm further out?

And if that is correct, wouldn't the car have less front grip?

Last edited by JSA; 05-05-2018 at 07:15 PM.
JSA is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 08:00 PM
  #67  
Need4S
User
 
Need4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 953
Default

Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Am I correct in assuming the front change is 1mm further in, and the rear is 12mm further out?

And if that is correct, wouldn't the car have less front grip?
Other direction. The BBS give a wider track and more grip. I was giving stock offsets. Your stock width and offset info was not correct.
Need4S is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 10:09 PM
  #68  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by Need4S View Post

Other direction. The BBS give a wider track and more grip. I was giving stock offsets. Your stock width and offset info was not correct.
Other direction?! So, the front is further out by 1mm and the rear is further in by 12mm?!

I was using the stock width info that you provided.

Your comment about the BBS having a wider track, would cause more REAR grip than the front thus changing the balance of the car!

Last edited by JSA; 05-06-2018 at 05:30 PM.
JSA is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 10:25 PM
  #69  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Okay, I figured this one out...

I have the wrong rear wheel. I was sold a wheel for a GT3 that takes a different width and offset. See this chart - https://bbs.com/pdfs/gutachten/FIR.pdf

So, I'm correct in that the REAR track width is wider thus the REAR grip only was increased OVER the front. This changes the balance of the car. I'm NOT happy right now. I will be raising hell with the shop that sold me these wheels on Monday!
JSA is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 AM
  #70  
Need4S
User
 
Need4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 953
Default

The specs I posted for the OEM wheels came from a Porsche configurator for centerlock turbo S models, 9x20 51 and 11.5x20 56. 991.1 non-s turbos come with five lug 8.5x20 51 and 11x20 56. I have since found 2018 GT3 OEM specs at 9x20 55 and 12x20 47. Note that the OEM GT3 wheel is 12 inches wide, not 11.5, which may explain why the offsets differ between OEM turbo and GT3 wheels.

BBS specs I found are 9x20 48mm front and 11.5x20 46 mm rear for F1-R wheels for turbos given by TireRack. I doubt the small change in offset will materially upset handling balance, and it seems likely that differences in tire pressure will have greater effect. After actually looking at the posted BBS link, though, I am incorrect about BBS spec’ing the same wheel for the turbos and GT3s, and wondering why TireRack seems to have the same error.

Last edited by Need4S; 05-06-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Need4S is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 AM
  #71  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Thanks for the info.

See the link that I posted above. There is a different rear wheel for the GT3 and Turbo. The front wheel is the same.

Making the track 1” wider in the rear only does give the rear more grip and change the balance of the car. The shop knows they sold me the wrong rear wheel and they’re going to make it right. But it’s still a PITA.

And, I have an incoming 991.2 GT3 and I never would have bought these wheels had I known the offsets were different. The shop told me they were the same - bad info.

For quick reference, the correct REAR BBS wheel for our Turbo is 11.5 x 20, ET54.

Last edited by JSA; 05-06-2018 at 09:14 AM.
JSA is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 01:14 PM
  #72  
Need4S
User
 
Need4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 953
Default

Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Thanks for the info.

See the link that I posted above. There is a different rear wheel for the GT3 and Turbo. The front wheel is the same.

Making the track 1” wider in the rear only does give the rear more grip and change the balance of the car. The shop knows they sold me the wrong rear wheel and they’re going to make it right. But it’s still a PITA.

And, I have an incoming 991.2 GT3 and I never would have bought these wheels had I known the offsets were different. The shop told me they were the same - bad info.

For quick reference, the correct REAR BBS wheel for our Turbo is 11.5 x 20, ET54.
Thanks for the helpful info. I’ve edited my post accordingly.


Last edited by Need4S; 05-06-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Need4S is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 01:23 PM
  #73  
Hothonda
User
 
Hothonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,125
Default

Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Thanks for the info.

See the link that I posted above. There is a different rear wheel for the GT3 and Turbo. The front wheel is the same.

Making the track 1” wider in the rear only does give the rear more grip and change the balance of the car. The shop knows they sold me the wrong rear wheel and they’re going to make it right. But it’s still a PITA.

And, I have an incoming 991.2 GT3 and I never would have bought these wheels had I known the offsets were different. The shop told me they were the same - bad info.

For quick reference, the correct REAR BBS wheel for our Turbo is 11.5 x 20, ET54.
FWIW......56 is the rear ET for FACTORY 5 lug 20" Turbo/S wheels
Hothonda is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 04:07 PM
  #74  
JSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by Hothonda View Post
FWIW......56 is the rear ET for FACTORY 5 lug 20" Turbo/S wheels
Thanks. Assuming it’s the same for the centerlock, that makes sense on why the BBS is very close at 54 offset.

JSA is offline  
Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 AM
  #75  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,307
Default

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Few more for ya!







Hey Eric
Can you send me a PM on pricing and offset info for my 2014 Turbo S 20" with the translucent black brushed. Great job on the finishing. My car is GT Silver. If you have any other color recommendations send them along. My car has a lot of black trim and rear Aerokit with black top wing.
Sal
Penn4S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New BBS FI-R for 991 Turbo


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: